T.H.E. (Trying Hard Everyday) TEAM ~ Week 19 ~ WELCOME!!

Replies

• adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    THANK YOU CYNDEE!!!!!
  • Cyndee - thank you so much. I, too needed that.

Lulu - hang in there girl. going through the samething here. Bored of not seeing more results and trying to remember what the exercising really does do.

DWray - good for you. Good luck at the appointment.

Manda1111 - enjoy your time.

Adopt4 - you so much are an inspiration. I will ask you to repost what you do. I think it was Lorann and it will help remind me also. Keep up the good work girl. I just admire your determination and will power.

Kristi - miss you girl and your posts. How are you? We need you girl.

LI4G - missing you too. Everything ok?

Sheila - how are you? Things ok.

Prayerfulmom - did you get the bike fixed?

Healthymom - missing you too?

Well I am going to have to stick to walking for a while. My shoulder is really hurting. I favored it at work last night and really need it there. Slept ok today and it doesn't seem to hurt right now but not going to push it. The Cancer walk is this weekend anyway so I really need to walk a lot for it. Well I will be back later - got to hit the shower
  • Lorann
    Lorann Posts: 107
    ok well I just did the Leslie Sansone 1 mile walk, seems to be something I can do morning, noon (at work) and night :laugh: .... but my question is... How do I log it in the Exercise? Anyone know?
  • Lorann, I log in under aerobics general for about 22 minutes. It is just a basic work- out for me. If you work up a sweat doing it or struggle getting it all done then you might want to log it under aerobics low impact. You might wait and see what others do to log it cause I just went off what my daughter said.
  • Lorann
    Oh ok ... I did work up a sweat, but not till near the end, but I sure felt it in the muscles :smile: so I don't think I'm ready for the 2nd mile, I will just stick with that first one for a while :smile:
  • Lorann, put it under low impact aerobics. Then as it gets easier and you move on to the 2 mile move it to general aerobics. Again if I am steering you wrong Adopt4 or LI4G will be a long and give advice. They are real good, knowledable and helpful

I just want to say I DID IT FINALLY. I have been setting my alarm early to get up and exercise before work and instead of sitting around I finally got off my rear and put 40 minutes of exercises in before leaving. I know I know - IT IS ABOUT TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Gotta roll girls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GOOD NIGHT
  • Lorann
    indianagranny .... thank you ... and way to go with the early morning!! :flowerforyou:

I get up between 5:30 and 6am to walk for 30 - 45 minutes, then hit the shower before I have to wake anyone else up :smile: and I don't even leave the house til 8:30am ... but I am more of a morning person, much easier to exercise is the morning before my brain knows what's going on!! :laugh:
  • adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    Good for you, indiana. If I didn't have little boys who get up at the buttcrack of dawn, I could NOT get up and get to the gym early. I am not a morning person!!! Don't talk to me or even look at me until I've had my caffeine!!:laugh:
  • nitag
    nitag Posts: 706 Member
    Evening everyone.. I had a busy weekend. My daughter and family came on Saturday and spent the night.. Sunday was my grandson's Austins second bday.. I am around, still struggling with getting back on track...

Tomorrow is a new day right??
  • LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    Indiana- Yes, everything is great, Thank you for asking :flowerforyou:

I put up 10 jars of homemade strawberry freezer jam and OMG I am addicted to it. I ate 2 PB&J's for lunch today just so I could eat it and man o man does it bring back great memories of my childhood. I had to do major grocery shopping yesterday, then made 2 strawberry rhubarb pies. One for my family and one for my MIL. She gave me the rhubarb and the frozen pie crust, so I told her I would bring one to her. The pies turned out so good. I had one piece last night, one piece tonight and it will be gone. Morgolis said "This **** rocks... you CANT make this all the time!!" :laugh: :laugh: I love to bake (obviously) but I havent made pie since Thanksgiving. I just had the extra berries and some fresh rhubarb to use, so decided to go for it.

Anyway... Morgolis worked on touching up the stain on the deck so I went out and started cleaning our overly full and disorganized garage. Got it at least under control out there so that maybe this next weekend I can have a small garage sale and get rid of a bunch of crap. Could definitely use the money right now :wink:

ok....now for the discussion of plateauing. It sucks.. that part we know. Anyone who has experienced it knows that it really is a big pain to be working out and eating right and still not see the results we hope for. Lulu... yes, definitely evaluate the water intake and other things to see if adusting somewhere can break it. I went for a full month where I saw nothing happen with the scale and there were times I was just so darned mad and almost in tears because of it. Currently, I am having issues with eating breakfast every morning. I know this is bad, as I notice on days I dont have my cheerio's that I am more prone to nibbling during the early afternoon after lunch but I have been sleeping late because my allergies are giving me a hard time and well, lets just say Im lucky if I get up before 10am. Sleeping in throws off my eating schedule bigtime.... :grumble:

Anyway... I try to log every day and during my busy weeks I do it ahead of time so I can just relax and eat without having to plan every little thing the day of. Ive discovered that I can generally eat 1440 calories a day with no problem and without even thinking about it much anymore because i have automated my brain to know what I can eat and how much and what I have to be careful of. On days I am "unsure" I definitely log in my food, just to make sure Im eating enough because Ive discovered its all too easy for me to not eat enough. There have been days Ive been like "oh craaaap!!" and been over but more times than not Im seeing that Im eating exactly what I should to meet my calorie intake goals even without exercise.

Like adopt4, going to do the same thing every single day at the gym has gotten old for me. For her, its the elliptical... for me its just plain going there. I would rather find other things around the house or to do outside to burn them calories. I want to enjoy my summer weather before its gone and we have another nasty cold wet winter typical for our area and I have no other choice but to go to the gym to get my workout in.

ALL that being said... I got a good boost yesterday from one of Morgolis's close friends. He hadnt seen me since before Morgolis left for Florida in April and came over last night to watch True Blood on the bigscreen TV. He came in to the kitchen and said "Gimme hug girl" so I gave him a big hug and he was like "HOLY CRAP WOMAN!! Look at you...You feel AWESOME!!!" All I could do was blush. He backed up and looked me over and said "What happened to you?? Your stomach is GONE!!? You look AMAZING!!" Man that was such a great feeling!! It didnt hit me until later that all the hard work Ive put in over the past 5 months was the reason why I am where I am now. Ive seen results over the past 5 months, but to have someone I know that hasnt seen me in a while have such a big reaction to it in a postive way....well... Im not giving up now!! Yeah, things have slowed down alot since I first started. An yeah, Im not dropping 10lbs a month anymore... but I still have 44lbs to go to get to my goal weight and I havent worked this long or this hard to give up on myself yet! Im looking forward to getting there and seeing my butt squeeze into those size 12 jeans that I wore 7 year ago. If it takes me 6 more months or 12 more months... I really dont care. I will get there and I will be able to say that I did it the healthy way without diet pills or starving myself. It took 7 years to gain this weight That is a LONG TIME! Much longer than I have been working at this in months. Its not going to come off as fast as I would like it too and I have FINALLY come to terms with that because I know Im doing what I can and that my body will eventually give in. :wink:
  • lulubar
    lulubar Posts: 739 Member
    Thanks for the encouragement gang. I REALLY needed it. And it's good to hear others have the same issues ~ not that I want you to have the issue:huh: but at least I don't feel moronic for feeling this way.

HOWEVER ~ today I worked in the yard doing more leveling, digging, and raking. Hauling cement pavers, and digging up plants to be moved. I was out there from 11:30 to 4:45 working ~ it was 93 degrees out but with the humidity the heat index was 101 degrees (for you northerners, you have wind chill factor, we southerners have heat index:glasses: ) Now, there is NO way I could have done that last summer. I am beyond happy that my body now has the strength to do that kind of work without my heart beating out of my chest. I still had energy afterward and here it is 10:30 at night and I'm no worse for the wear after a full afternoon of hard labor. Now, THAT makes me very very very happy!

Cyndeebee - your mommacyndee speech was fabulous!!!!!! What a great encourager you are!

Indiana, Adopt4, LI4G - you are sooooo right! I'm seeing great improvements in my body ~ the scale is NOT the boss of me! I'm over it -

You people are the absolute BEST at helping me get over myself. (((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))))

lulu:heart:
  • My computer was only showing me the first page of this thread all weekend. I knew people were posting, but I couldn't see it. anyway, your all back now and boy were you busy!

lulu - I have not lost any weight in june and am feeling the same frustration yu are. I have been going over on calories because I was hungry. This week I think I can get back to normal. I am dreading the workouts becasue my brain tells me "you cant do it - it's too long and hard, just stay home...blah, blah, blah" Once I get there I am fine. I hate that. I want to look forward to exercising!!!

Tonight I went wogging in the heat (77degreesF), just too hot for me to get a good workout. I sure was sweating though lol. Tomorrow the gym and c25k week 5 (I didn't realize there were three levels). Jog 8 minutes/walk 5. Wow.

Night all.:yawn:
  • cjchism
    cjchism Posts: 18 Member
    hello everyone, hope you all are having a good week. I wish I was better at keeping up with everyone's posts...I am just so busy with my little ones.
    Healthymom: I had the same problem seeing the current posts/threads. Then I went to the message board, motivation and support and where I saw our team and click all the way at the right on to view lastest post (which was your last post). It takes me to the lateset post and then you back track from there. Hope this helped. Getting ready for the gym, take care and God Bless.
  • Hey team, I am still hanging in. I did not gain any weight from my recent buffet trip. I am still working on a loss this week. I am interested in that dvd Leslie Sansone. Could someone tell me more about her. Do you need other equipment for the dvd or just the dvd? It is a rainy day today so I think I will have to do some kind of exercise in the house. I have to go to work and hate going when it is raining.

I think Sheila's computer is still in the shop. I hope to hear from her soon.

Oh yeah I discovered I really love romaine lettuce, how bout that? Well have a great day all. Talk to ya'll later.
  • Lorann
    Hi April, I found this site that has Leslie Sansone's 1 mile walk on it, check it out here http://www.walkathome.com/
    the video is on the right side about halfway down the page ... this will give you an idea of what it's all about :smile:
  • nitag
    I love the Walk away the pounds dvd's.. I am going to do mine this morning... I've been super slacking lately and have to get my behind back into gear.. I've come to far to fail now.. I'm hoping that DVD will get me going.. I will do a 2 mile walk today....
  • nitag
    Thanks for the encouragement gang. I REALLY needed it. And it's good to hear others have the same issues ~ not that I want you to have the issue:huh: but at least I don't feel moronic for feeling this way.

HOWEVER ~ today I worked in the yard doing more leveling, digging, and raking. Hauling cement pavers, and digging up plants to be moved. I was out there from 11:30 to 4:45 working ~ it was 93 degrees out but with the humidity the heat index was 101 degrees (for you northerners, you have wind chill factor, we southerners have heat index:glasses: ) Now, there is NO way I could have done that last summer. I am beyond happy that my body now has the strength to do that kind of work without my heart beating out of my chest. I still had energy afterward and here it is 10:30 at night and I'm no worse for the wear after a full afternoon of hard labor. Now, THAT makes me very very very happy!

Cyndeebee - your mommacyndee speech was fabulous!!!!!! What a great encourager you are!

Indiana, Adopt4, LI4G - you are sooooo right! I'm seeing great improvements in my body ~ the scale is NOT the boss of me! I'm over it -

You people are the absolute BEST at helping me get over myself. (((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))))

lulu:heart:

Lulu I've been struggling like mad.. It's driving me crazy. I am going to get out of my funk today, I am so determined....

LI4G how long was your hubby gone for?? I'm so tired of feeling sad that mine is leaving... :frown:
  • cyndeebee
    cyndeebee Posts: 249 Member
    Good morning!

I'm slow getting started today, but I must get my rear in gear and finish up last-minute things for my daughter's birthday tomorrow.
    Treat bags...There are only 3 guests, but I tried to make them into "spa bags." 12 year old girls are just hitting their vanity stage.

And yesterday was a major overhaul of my daughter's bedroom. Once a year, just before her birthday, I go in and CLEAN! Anything unnecessary goes to the Thrift Store. So I'll have to haul everything downstairs, jump in a cab, and get to the Thrift Store. Three bags to go out. Wow.

But I wish I could just sit home and paint today...

I suspect my weight loss this week will be in the decimals. But that's okay. A decimal is better than a +.

We get humidity here, too. Ontario is known for that. But I'd rather have the humidity than the cold. This past winter was nasty...But the prediction is that we're going to get unseasonably HOT weather in July and August. I'll take it. Maybe I can store enough heat in my body to get me through some of the coming winter months...because, otherwise, I'm housebound.

Better get going. Everyone have a good day. I hope you see positive results from your hard work.
  • Lorann
    Woo hooo I made it past the 20lbs mark ... I'm so excited!! :happy:

Good morning cyndee ... I'm also in Ontario, well Northwestern Ontario and we finally hit the 20's this week (actually the hight 20's) ... I thought it would never get here ...but it is very humid, makes it hard to breath with my asthma.
    Another reason to stay inside to do my walking. :smile:
  • Good Morning Team

Adopt4 and Lorann - My morning which you referred to is your evenings - I work night shift. So I actually get up about 5pm aiming to exercise but finally after a week of getting up I didn't sit in front of computor - I exercised. I am not a morning - referring to evenings - person either, But on the days I don't work, I am wide awake at 4am. Thanks for the good job - I need that so I will do it again in a few hours.

April - glad you maintain on your buffet trip. Exciting you are working on a loss

LI4G - thanks for the pep talk. I needed that one too. The pounds will go and we all just need to continue doing it the healthy way. Usually by now, I would have quit and gained most of it back. But the times I have stuggled, I usually have maintained.

Nitag - I am glad you are back posting. I have missed you.

Cyndeebee - Love your attitude girl. Rub a little bit this way please.

Healthymom - glad you are back. Be careful wogging in that heat.

Kristi - missing you

Sheila - wishing your computor to be healthy soon.

Well I have to tell you all two more nights and I have my perfect attendance. I am excited cause that money is for something for me a long with the night off. I have definitely earned this one. Thank you all - you helped me through this last month tt. My job can be overwhelming sometime.

Talkto you all later tonight. Gotta log somethings - then go to bed.