Judge me, go ahead!

Replies

• dvcab
    dvcab Posts: 78
    Im the same just veges or salad with no protein doesnt fill me up either.
    If you are not trying to really lose weight just tone you should just be on maintenance and up the exercise this will do both add a bit of weight loss and firm your body
  • TheFitnessTutor
    TheFitnessTutor Posts: 356 Member
    If you are not trying to really lose weight just tone you should just be on maintenance and up the exercise this will do both add a bit of weight loss and firm your body
    There's no such thing as toning: http://thefitnesstutor.com/why-toning-doesnt-exist/
  • HorrorChix89
    HorrorChix89 Posts: 1,229 Member
    There's no such thing as toning: http://thefitnesstutor.com/why-toning-doesnt-exist/
    Well that destroyed everything I could have ever hoped for
  • c2me12ad6
    c2me12ad6 Posts: 127 Member
    I eat something small every four hours when I am at work. I will have a motts apple sauce...then four hours later a healthy choice soup only 180 calories....then work out then when i get home have a half cup of cereal with one oz of milk....so on and so fourth.
  • juliekaiser1988
    juliekaiser1988 Posts: 604 Member
    Protein, girl!! Where's your protein???

Protein= satiety!

If you can't get it in another way, drink a protein shake. Lots of RTD versions available in low sugar.
  • juliekaiser1988
    juliekaiser1988 Posts: 604 Member
    I also agree with other posters: "low-fat" equals mega carbs. You're already eating plenty of carbs without that other stuff. Any whoever the poster is that says too much protein is "bad for you"- you're nuts. I eat 1 gram per pound, so I'm getting in around 130-140 a day. Been stable at this weight for almost 3 years. It is NOT bad for you kidneys.... take it from me- I do the urinalysis in the lab that I work in. That science is out-dated.
  • diver71_au
    diver71_au Posts: 424 Member
    While I dont disagree with much of what has been said there is another possibility for the afternoon crash - sleep.

How are your sleep patterns. I know if i have a fitful night tossing and turning I crash out about 2pm and am pretty much zombie-like for the rest of the day - regardless of food.
  • Ryhenblue
    Ryhenblue Posts: 390 Member
    Your diary looks great for the most part. Like others have said, drink more water and try and eat more protein. I would also add fiber to that and aim for 25g a day.

Fiber helps control blood sugar levels. Fiber, particularly soluble fiber, can slow the absorption of sugar, which for people with diabetes can help improve blood sugar levels. A diet that includes insoluble fiber has been associated with a reduced risk of developing type 2 diabetes. http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/fiber/NU00033
  • Every time you eat eat carbs, protein and fats. That combination helps you feel full. You don't have to eat a bunch or anything but the combo works.
  • 1a1a
    1a1a Posts: 762 Member
    Ha ha, the milk isn't intentional, it's my 'cookies'. Who knows, it might have played a significant role, you'll just have to experiment.
  • JulieH3art
    JulieH3art Posts: 293 Member
    Please, stop saying you have anemia! Unless you are severely vitamin deficient, your diet won't change your blood cell levels!

You can develop anemia if you are low on iron or B12/folate, but that takes a long time

(Iron-deficiency anemia is known as anemia of chronic disease, whereas we have B12/folate levels that can last us for 1 year normally)

If you do have blood problems, though, and this has been going on awhile, contact your physician. You can't fix anemia by eating, and it should be fixed if it is there.
  • If you have a Walgreens near by they can test you for free. They have minute clinics now and it is very fast. Good luck. Something I use for those low sugar times (haven't had one in a while) is a box of Horizon Organic 2% chocolate milk. It's got the protein and suger all in one handy little serving size container.
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    So this week i went over my calorie goal ate a lot of sweets and fried chicken and lost two pounds ( more then normal) at 5'7 and 130 pounds. That being said theres many scientists out there that say its not the limiting of calories its the food you eat. Also keep in mind sugar bonds with protein for the life of that protein (150 hrs i believe). To much sugar means not as useful proteins.
  • Sageyoku
    Sageyoku Posts: 77 Member
    Please, stop saying you have anemia! Unless you are severely vitamin deficient, your diet won't change your blood cell levels!

You can develop anemia if you are low on iron or B12/folate, but that takes a long time

(Iron-deficiency anemia is known as anemia of chronic disease, whereas we have B12/folate levels that can last us for 1 year normally)

If you do have blood problems, though, and this has been going on awhile, contact your physician. You can't fix anemia by eating, and it should be fixed if it is there.

Sorry!!!!!
    I guess I don't know the definition of 'anemia'. I'll go look it up. Thought I was referring to an overall feeling of exhaustion, faintness, weakness, inability to function. I'll find a better word.
  • Sageyoku
    I'm going to use some blanket statements b/c I don't have time today to answer individual posts.
    If you get offended, I'm sorry, please know that's not my intent. Can't please everyone.

For those of you giving constructive criticism and advice relating to my question, thank you very much! :heart:

Your posts have made me realize that
    - I should be eating more proteins in place of carbs
    - I should drink more water
    - I should watch my salt/sugar and make sure they don't spike
    - I should keep in mind the medical possibilities (i.e. hypoglycemia)
    - I should consider the calorie deficit created by exercise, and replenish accordingly and with appropriate foods.

I appreciate that you took the time to give me feedback relative to my goals,
    and I will try to follow your advice to the best of my ability!

For those of you commenting without reading my food diary, profile, or previous posts...
    sorry, I'm going to have to ignore you because your comments are making no sense :tongue:

For one thing, as I have stated quite clearly on my profile, I DID NOT JOIN MFP TO LOSE WEIGHT.
    I am fortunate to be at a healthy weight currently.
    I am here participating in a fitness challenge with some members of my family who DO want to lose weight.
    I am here to motivate the people I love, and add more exercise into my own daily routine.
    So please stop suggesting that I "CUT OUT ALL THAT JUNK FOOD" if I "want to lose weight".

I did NOT ask for advice on weight loss, calorie cutting, and the like.
    I asked for advice about my problem with tiredness/faintness/weakness at work.

Thank you for listening!
  • JulieH3art
    JulieH3art Posts: 293 Member
    I thought it might be something like that :smile: Anemia means a low blood cell count because of something or another (bleeding, vitamin deficiency, autoimmune disease, low iron), but you are right, it can and will make you feel fatigued.

Hypoglycemia can also produce those symptoms of fatigue, as well as: shakiness, hunger!!, sweating, confusion, blurred vision.

Please be aware that what you eat can affect how tired you are, no matter how healthy your weight is.

As for asking everyone to stop giving you advice.. you *did* name this topic "Judge me, go ahead!".
  • Sageyoku
    I thought it might be something like that :smile: Anemia means a low blood cell count because of something or another (bleeding, vitamin deficiency, autoimmune disease, low iron), but you are right, it can and will make you feel fatigued.

Hypoglycemia can also produce those symptoms of fatigue, as well as: shakiness, hunger!!, sweating, confusion, blurred vision.

Please be aware that what you eat can affect how tired you are, no matter how healthy your weight is.

As for asking everyone to stop giving you advice.. you *did* name this topic "Judge me, go ahead!".

Thank you :) Now I know what anemia is, and I probably don't have that.

Well, in retrospect, this was a bad idea. Poor choice of topic, but the first topic I posted it under was apparently too boring to generate ANY responses.

Did I say "everyone stop giving me advice"? My bad! What I meant to say was:
    For those of you commenting without reading my food diary, profile, or previous posts...
    sorry, I'm going to have to ignore you because your comments are making no sense

...please stop suggesting that I "CUT OUT ALL THAT JUNK FOOD" if I "want to lose weight".

I did NOT ask for advice on weight loss, calorie cutting, and the like.
    I asked for advice about my problem with tiredness/faintness/weakness at work.

Guess that came out wrong. Well even so, you're right,
    after reading a topic like that ppl would give advice on EVERYTHING haha :P
  • Sageyoku
    Thank you diver71_au, Cherylkirby, and the rest! I'll think on your advice :)
  • gjc50
    gjc50 Posts: 35
    very good advice from mfp peeps!
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Looks like the answer is right there in your food diary. You're off by a few hundred calories per day.