bump

nothing like easy cake! :)
  • Mmmm sounds yummy
  • tnshahud
    tnshahud Posts: 163
    Bump!!! Thanks for sharing!!!
  • I'm going to have to try this later!
  • 3, 2, 1 Cake

These individual little cakes are amazing and ready to eat in one minute! They are perfect for whenever you feel like a treat without all the fat and calories that cake can have. Genius idea!

Servings: 1

Ingredients:

1 box Angel Food Cake Mix
    1 box Cake Mix - Any Flavor
    2 Tbsp Water

Directions:

In a ziploc bag, combine the two cake mixes together and mix well. For each individual cake serving, take out 3 Tablespoons of the cake mix combination and mix it with 2 Tablespoons of water in a small microwave-safe container. Microwave on high for 1 minute, and you have your own instant individual little cake! Keep remaining cake mixture stored in the ziploc bag and use whenever you feel like a treat! You can top each cake with a dollop of fat free whipped topping and/or some fresh fruit.

Helpful Tips:

This recipe is called 3, 2, 1 Cake because all you need to remember is "3 tablespoons mix, 2 tablespoons water, 1 minute in the microwave!" Try various flavors of cake mix like carrot, red velvet, pineapple, lemon, orange, etc. Just remember that one of the mixes has to be the angel food mix; the other is your choice. The flavor possibilities are endless!

Recipe located at: http://cake.betterrecipes.com/3-2-1-cake.html

I just made this and put some cool whip and some mandarin oranges on top and it was the perfect sweet snack!
  • surimurphy
    surimurphy Posts: 36 Member
    bump
  • I have recently made this cake but was having trouble figuring out the calories. How did you figure it out? by the way, the cake is bomb!!
  • bump:)
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    I weighed 3 tbsps out so I knew how much it weighed, put it back in and weighed the mix. Mine came out to almost 28 servings. I used Betty Crocker Angel Food cake and Duncan Hines Dark Chocolate Fudge for 133 cals per serving.

It's ok, but I'd rather just have 2 squares of Lindt dark chocolate for 95 cals if I need a chocolate fix. That's much yummier.
  • Bump
  • singledj
    singledj Posts: 147 Member
    Not sure of the calorie count...but I have made this Red velvet and the angel food cake.
    very delicious and easy to make. Thanks for sharing!!
  • rbrducky
    rbrducky Posts: 34 Member
    Yummy! *bump*
  • mellimeter
    mellimeter Posts: 102 Member
    bump
  • I can't wait to try this with my kids!! Thanks!!
  • bump
  • cneale91
    cneale91 Posts: 91 Member
    bump! im so making this next week im home from uni!
  • cool thx for sharing
  • how did you figure the calories for this?
  • talrcat
    talrcat Posts: 97 Member
    BUMPITY