T.H.E. (Trying Hard Everyday) TEAM ~ Week 19 ~ WELCOME!!

Replies

• LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    I am just so damned furious right now!!!!!!!!!!

Got a letter from child support enforcement that $678 they sent me last month and applied to my case was applied by mistake and now they want me to send it back!! :mad: :mad: :mad: Turns out he didnt actually pay that money and they didnt take it from his bank. I could just scream right now!! When I calm down, Im gonna be on the phone to the case working chewing some major behind and telling them to collect the past due support owed and it wont be an issue even tho I know thier response will be "we cant do anything for 6 months" :explode:

I hate this crap!!!
  • Losingit- so what if you spent it and did not have it to send back. Then what? My ex owes over 10,000 so I know how you feel. I hope they nail him.
  • cyndeebee
    cyndeebee Posts: 249 Member
    LI4G...I don't understand how they can issue you a cheque and then request it back. I know that when I received support, it was always AFTER my ex actually remitted it. So if he didn't remit, I didn't collect. But then again, if he didn't remit, he couldn't renew his licence and all sorts of other nasty things...:devil:

Maybe you could take the stance..." You can't get blood from a stone...It's already been spent on the kids, they're too young to work, so I'll have to send what I can, when I can..." - and then send them $5 or $10 a month.

Love the recipes! I'm going to try the chicken recipe this weekend. On Sunday, after the reunion, because we have Sunday dinner here in our house, and I'm sure I'll be wanting to watch my calories very carefully by then...
    Just came back from Britt's birthday party and I had (gulp) 3 pieces of pizza, plus cake. But I'm not over in calories...yet. I think I'll skip any evening snack, though. Just in case the "ham and pineapple pizza" I chose from the list was inaccurate...

My baseball is coming on...
    Later...
  • LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    April & Cyndee- Thats exactly the point I made the the case worker on the phone. I told her if she wanted the darn money then to do her job and collect it from him. Boy was she not happy with me!! Oh well.. she can kiss my butt. Hes the one not paying when he should and they are the ones who cant do simple math!

Aparently what happened was... he was 2 months behind.. march & april...so they sent out a bank garnishment at the end of april for those 2 months. Around mid may i got march, april & what I thought was part of may's child support. It turns out that I should have gotten march & april, but that the money that they applied to may, was applied to my account by mistake as it didnt actually come from him or the bank draft.

The really messed up part is, that 2 days ago I called the case worker to find out when or IF they were going to get the rest of the may payment since it is now past due. She said "hmmm I'll have to look into it." Next thing I know Im getting a notice from them saying that the amount paid to me for May (which wasnt even 1/2 the support I get each month) was applied to my account by mistake and that they want me to send them the money until he actually does pay.

Yeah right, like thats ever gonna happen!!! She is supposed to put out another bank draft after the first which will include May, June & July. Which would be great. I just have to hope and pray he has enough money in that specific checking account to cover the 3 months.. otherwise I get screwed again.

(sigh)
  • Hey

LI4G - I feel for you with all that you have to deal with over support. Something that is harder on your end to deal with when they should only bother him. And boy do those recipes sound good - thank you for sharing them

Jamie - I hope everything is okay with your foot - keep us informed what is going on.

Sheila - hope you get only good reports on your health.

prayerfulmom - thanks for the advice on the big event. I will definitely take it. My head has already started telling me - YOU CAN'T DO THIS - IT IS GOING TO BE HOT! But my heart is right there fighting back - - DO IT - DO YOUR BEST - THAT IS ALL THAT COUNTS. We will see.

Nitag - hope you enjoyed your day off. I know I always look forward to my three days off.

Cyndeebee - hope you feel better. Hope your daughter had a swell birthday.

DWray44 - glad the phyiscal theraphy went well. Enjoy the weekend

Adopt4 - sorry to hear about your allergies. Hope things have gotten better.

Kristi - thanks for posting - good to see your face.

Well not much here. I did exercise after I got up and read your posts. like 36 minutes aerobics and 15 walking. I do so much more on weekends folks. I feel ashamed on days I work but during the summer my job just drains me. Looking forward to the walk on Saturday. It is suppose to be in 90's here and maybe rain. Well everyone have a Good Night
  • lulubar
    lulubar Posts: 739 Member
    LI4G ~ thanks for the recipes - love the idea of making up the big containers of spice mixes to have on hand! Also love the idea of freezing the meats already seasoned!! Aren't you a smart patootie!

Take a deep breath - stress hormones are a killer! Remember, what you put out is what you get back, so be assured your ex will get just what he deserves... promise.

Tonight we grilled sirloin with McCormick's Montreal Steak seasoning (delish!) and fresh asparagus and zuccinni sprayed with a little Pam and sprinkled with no-salt seasoning. Nummmanummmanum!! Water with lemon to drink and a 40 cal. Fudgepop for dessert.

Today I sledge-hammered down a small brick and concrete stoop, hauled all the debris away, then spread sand, then laid 30 pavers. In 96 degree heat, no shade! Good exercise, lots of sweat! I know we are doing a lot in our yard, but mostly we are "undoing". Our yard was always set up for the kids and dogs, with no real design or beauty. Since the kids are grown and we are down to only one dog, we are letting our yard grow up! It was in REALLY bad shape, so yeah, LOTS of work done and LOTS left to do!

IG - You courage is inspiring and I'm saying prayers for a safe, healthy and meaningful walk! You are my hero!

Jamie - take care of that foot:flowerforyou:
  • swignal
    swignal Posts: 441
    good evening team,

I must say that I wont have the results until next week.. but the dr. who did the procedure said to maintain a high fiber diet....because i have the beginning stages of diverticulitis... Both of my parents have that.. so he dont want it to get worse.... well I have been eating a high fiber high protien diet so no problem there... I have two more dr. appt's next Tues and Thurs.. When I came home today I went back to bed and slept for a while and then got up and cooked spegetti with turkery meat instead of hamberger and everyone loved it and my hubby said next time dont make it so good cuz then there might be left overs!!!! he is soo silly....

I cant believe after all that cleaning out I only lost 1 pound!!!! LOL.. guess I wasnt has full as I thought I was!!! LOL

LuLu - wow all that yard work in the hot sun.. your making me sweat just reading what you have done...

Thank you all for all of the well wishes..and prayers I really appreciate them all..

Well I have been getting in my pool and doing my own water areobics along with going to my cousins and riding the bike to the park and back my butt is really sore cuz i road yesterday before my dr. appt and before I started my cleaning out... we road 8 miles.. and my butt is sore.. after that and then the cleansing!!! it hurts to even sit down..

thanks again Team... going to head to bed now so good night hope to be able to check in tomorrow..

sheila
  • Li4g - :grumble: I feel for you. You shouldn't have to fight for what is yours. I too copied the recipes you posted. Yumm.

Sheila - hang in there.

IG - the heat is a killer but you will be fine once you put one foot in front of the other. :drinker: We are with you in spirit.

My ground turkey wrap was really good tonight. My hubby likes it too. Aren't we all sounding so healthy!!!!!:love:

Went wogging at the indoor track but it was very warm in there too! I should go back to swimming!!!!:grumble:

P.S. Hurray the scale went down 1 lb this morning...(sorry, I had to check I was having a feeling thin moment).
  • adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    Beeen offline since the last post. Got the new computer up and running, different version of Windows, let's hope it works better than the last one! Went way way over cals today, ate too much junk, didn't get to the gym, today is a bust. Tomorrow is another day.

I don't think I didn't go to the gym because I "don't want to", I want to take a step class, or ride my bike (have a flat), or wog on the high school track. But I don't want to do the elliptical or treadmill right now. It's just too boring.

Well off to learn all the secrets of this new operating system. Tomorrow - back on track!!
  • cyndeebee
    Good morning, everybody!

I'm rather surprised, because I feel pretty good today. I wasn't expecting that! I had so much running around yesterday, got caught in the rain - twice, ate too much at supper. Usually that's a guarantee that I'm going to feel lousy the next day, but NOPE! So I'm going to clean house, do my mountain of laundry, and paint. A nice, relaxing day...

No new letters from the ex. Men are too complicated. And I'm too world-weary to play games...

Yesterday, Britt came home with flowers...from a boy. Absolutely beautiful bouquet. Since I bought her flowers too, the competition was on. Boy flowers won. She lovingly put them in a vase and set them on the nightstand. Oh well. I put the flowers I bought her in a nice, cut-glass vase and they're sitting in the living room. So I guess we both won...
    And then there was a big fuss from my son, and his friends, on Facebook. My son was 16 when Britt was born, so it's always been a joke about how overly protective he is. He says that Britt can't date until she's 30, so Britt getting flowers from a BOY is a big deal. My son and his friends are all acting like tough guys (but they're joking), but all of my female friends thought that it was sweet. Like my niece said, you never forget your first romantic gift. That's true.

Okay...On with my day. House to clean, clothes to wash...
    Good luck, everyone, staying on course today...
  • nitag
    nitag Posts: 706 Member
    Hi all..
    Oh I wish I had another day off...

Up at 4:30 out of bed at 5 and on the treadmill for 45 mins.. Burned 365 calories..

Anita
  • manda1111
    manda1111 Posts: 113
    Hello,

I'm not much of a blogger but I had a nice bit of info to share. My husband and I celibrated three years yesterday! It seems like no time at all. I got him a chain for his weeding ring so he doesn't have to take it off when he plays drumbs and the stuf for an herb garden (he's very into cookig and gardening) and he gor me three massage seesiong with a friend of our. I've never had a massage before and I'm really excited. We finally decided where to go on vacation. We are going to go to Corpus Christi TX about 6hrs from here in Ft Worth. We are staying in a little bed and breakfast and hanging out on the beach. I have never been to the TX gulf coast so I am looking forward to it.

Things here have been quiet. I don't know if I have told ya'll but I'm in the process of trying to get a book published. I have finished the writing part. It get one last edite by my English teacher friend and then it get shipped off to a professional editor before submission to a publishing house. I have been working on this for the better part of three years. Its crazy but the end is finally in sight. I'm hoping to have it ready for submission no later than Chirstmas but that all depends on how much editing needs to be done.

Well that's all for now. Still working out and trying to stay focused. Motivation comes and goes but I always come back to wanting to love myself enough not to give up on myself.
    Manda
  • Lorann
    Lorann Posts: 107
    Good morning everyone :smile:

At home today (taking a sick day, more like a me day) :laugh: sometimes you just have to do it!!

So far things are going alright for me, eating right, exercising daily, not a whole lot of exercise, but enough for now... will slowly work my way up ... usually burning between 300 - 500 cals a day. Stepped on the scale yesterday and WOW it showed I was down 3.5 lbs ... amazing!! Hopefully it stays that way for tomorrow :happy:

So this is my problem ... you see for many years now, I really don't know how long ... well my whole house has been eating very unhealthy ... I'm talking about chips and pop all the time, take out a few times a week... well you get the point, anyways needless to say everyone in my house is overweight ... the boys ages 14 & 16, the 14 yr old is very active, he is always gone skateboarding and in the summer that boy is never home, always doing something and yet he is still a bit overweight. As for the 16 yr old, well he's different, he spends most of his time on the computer and I can't seem to get him to go do things, they both work part time and I make them walk to and from work just so they get some exercise, especially the oldest... I'm such a mean mother :laugh: My 19 yr old daughter lives on her own and she's not in as bad a shape as the rest of us, she even joined a fighting class to get back into shape .. she only needs to lose 10 lbs .. but then there is my oldest (21 yrs old)... she is soo much like me .... she needs to lose at least 100 lbs ... and I know she really really wants to lost the weight but I'm having such a hard time motivating her .. I thought that when I started losing weight she would realize that it's not that hard... don't get me wrong, she is trying a bit... so my question is ... do I keep on her to exercise and eat right even though she's getting mad at me ... or do I just leave her alone? Also with the changes in my house, as in no more take out and I haven't had chips or junk in the house in over a month, do you think the boys will start to lose some weight as well? (Oh and just to let you know my hubby has been doing really well, he's down 12 lbs)

Anyways some good news is that I've started doing the Leslie Sansone 1 Mile walk at work at lunch time ... yesterday three of my co-workers joined me and they loved it ... so they are going to do it with me daily :happy: Who knows maybe by next week I'll have all of them doing it with me!! :laugh:

Well I didn't do my walk this morning so I'm going to go do that now and then start cleaning this house ... it's amazing how bad it gets by the end of the week :ohwell:

You all have a great day!!
  • nitag
    lorann you get to exercise at work?? Thats great... I only get 30 mins and honestly I don't even get that... I have to take my lunch at my desk and usually someone comes in or the phone rings. I am thinking about taking my tennis shoes and starting to walk. There is a park right down the street, actually its the park I got married at... I just might do that if we ever stop having thunder storms..

I am all ready to go to work and wish I didn't have too.. I want to get laid off so badly.. I just can't seem to convince my boss to do it... :grumble: but trust me when I say I'm trying....

Where is everyone this morning?????
  • adopt4
    Nita, you crack me up... You must not have my, ummm... big mouth, is a nice way to put it, or you would have gotten laid off already if you'd wanted to! LOL

Lorann, I can say that as having been an overweight child and always been pushed, pushed, pushed, it made me feel worse about myself. So for your daughter, I would say "invite" as in let's do this video together, make sure to make it a fun time, laugh at yourselves, etc and if she doesn't want to, don't push her. But always invite to do with you. I know if I'd had that happen.. well, my life would have been a whole lot different. Hopefully it will work with her. And yes, just removing the junk from the house and keeping it that way is good for the whole family. Make sure to fill those places with fresh fruit and veggies for them to snack on, get used to a different kind of snack so they don't sneak in junk food. I was "denied" candy because I was overweight - even though everyone else in the family got desserts and junk food, I didn't - and so it created this unhealthy obsession with candy for me. I used to sneak it, steal it, steal money to buy it, whatever. But if it hadn't been in the house, and was a once in a while treat for everyone - I truly believe I wouldn't have become the sneaky eater that I did. As long as you all "do it together" and your daughter in particular isn't singled out as being the most overweight, I think she'll join with you eventually.

And of course with what I learned about overweight kids as a child, and vowing to do things differently - I have 3 skinny, skinny boys that I'm constanty having to stuff food into, high carb high fat food, just to maybe get them on the growth charts for weight!!!
  • adopt4
    So you all know i'm quite frustrated with my plateau... plus been starving the past week... well I've become rather obsessed with the scale, which is what I was afraid of when I started this journey. So although I will still weigh myself to make sure I'm not gaining, and am staying the same, I"m not going to focus on losing weight for 1 month. I'm going to focus on having fun being active, taking the kids to the zoo, taking the step classes, etc.

I didn't go to the gym yesterday, and way overate. Ate my chocolate bar that's been in the freezer for 5 mons. But now it's gone, and everyone got some, it was a family thing while we watched a movie. No more large size chocolate bars in the freezer - ever. If I put one normal sized one in there, fine, because that's the most I can eat, right, is what's there! So no harm no foul if there's only one.

Today I got up and showered but put on workout clothes. My plan is to take the step class if it's offered tonight - not sure if it is - but also if I get in the "mood" to try out some on demand exercises or yoga or something. I've gotten in the "mood" before but I've been showered and wearing my "cute" clothes, so didn't want to get all sweaty. So today, although I'm clean, I"m wearing workout clothes so I can do those things without changing clothes. If i end up working out six times today - so what? As long as I'm having fun!

And that's my new focus - to ENJOY the activities. To stop focusing so hard on each ounce I need to lose, to stop focusing on how many calories I burn with an activity, but just to do things I want and do my best to eat under my maintenance cals each day. I really want to take those step classes - so I will do that now that school will be out. But I'm taking this month "off" and living life. Then in 30 days - I'll make a new plan. That doesn't mean I won't be here every day - it's just my mental state I'm changing, really. I still have to log ut not obsess over it, ya know?
  • nitag
    So you all know i'm quite frustrated with my plateau... plus been starving the past week... well I've become rather obsessed with the scale, which is what I was afraid of when I started this journey. So although I will still weigh myself to make sure I'm not gaining, and am staying the same, I"m not going to focus on losing weight for 1 month. I'm going to focus on having fun being active, taking the kids to the zoo, taking the step classes, etc.

I didn't go to the gym yesterday, and way overate. Ate my chocolate bar that's been in the freezer for 5 mons. But now it's gone, and everyone got some, it was a family thing while we watched a movie. No more large size chocolate bars in the freezer - ever. If I put one normal sized one in there, fine, because that's the most I can eat, right, is what's there! So no harm no foul if there's only one.

Today I got up and showered but put on workout clothes. My plan is to take the step class if it's offered tonight - not sure if it is - but also if I get in the "mood" to try out some on demand exercises or yoga or something. I've gotten in the "mood" before but I've been showered and wearing my "cute" clothes, so didn't want to get all sweaty. So today, although I'm clean, I"m wearing workout clothes so I can do those things without changing clothes. If i end up working out six times today - so what? As long as I'm having fun!

And that's my new focus - to ENJOY the activities. To stop focusing so hard on each ounce I need to lose, to stop focusing on how many calories I burn with an activity, but just to do things I want and do my best to eat under my maintenance cals each day. I really want to take those step classes - so I will do that now that school will be out. But I'm taking this month "off" and living life. Then in 30 days - I'll make a new plan. That doesn't mean I won't be here every day - it's just my mental state I'm changing, really. I still have to log ut not obsess over it, ya know?

Amen to you Adopt4.. Amen.. I'm so glad someone is feeling like me.. It's a lot of work doing this and to be honest I was/am getting burnt out.. The scale isn't moving but neither have I so I'm with ya sister.. I called me niece and said lets start walking.. So we commited to starting Monday a few times a week.. Going to try to make it fun again and not such a job...
  • Lorann
    Lorann Posts: 107
    whew just finished an hour on the treadmill ... was sweating for the last 45 minutes .. what a workout!! So now for a break before I start to clean :laugh:

Nita - I work at a Youth Healing Lodge (it's like a residential treatment centre) and we are not in a program right now so we have use of the tv room. Even after yesterdays workout with the co-workers they think we should add this to the program when the youth come in on the 29th .... so that will be good, will still be able to do it with them there and get them moving as well :smile:

Adopt - thank you ... I will try that ... and as for the others in my house, I always make sure there is fresh fruit and healthier snacks ... we don't have dessert every night, but we do treat them usually on the weekends :smile: and we still order pizza once a week ... but now we have salad with it instead of just pigging out on the pizza :laugh: We used to order 2 XL pizza's and finish it all... now we get a large and salad and there is leftovers :laugh:
  • cyndeebee
    Impressive ideas here today.

I agree with you, adopt4, that it's better to take a break than to obsess. When I first started gaining weight, I got somewhat obsessive, jumped on the scales everyday...and had to stop myself from becoming bulimic. Each bite I put into my mouth was based on what the scales said, and for awhile, I even went the laxative route. Big no-no.
    So even though I do check my weight more than I should now, I realize that the weight will come off...eventually...if I pay more attention to what I eat.

And...Having said that...I can relate to the child deprived of desserts and candy. Our family was the opposite. Desserts were part of every meal. I can even remember my father telling me I couldn't leave the table until all of my cake was gone...:laugh:
    Now that I'm an adult, I realize that I could care less about desserts and sweets. Occasionally, I indulge in a chocolate bar, but that doesn't happen too often.
    I'm sure that I don't have a sweet tooth because "sweets" were commonplace when I was growing up. And for the most part, I guess I see food as something we need to thrive.
    So...Why am I here? Because I'm no longer active...and I gained weight because I didn't adopt new eating habits to go along with my inactivity. I'm here to lose my excess pounds...and to learn again how to have a healthy diet - for me.

My son, too, loved his junk food. No doubt he saw LESS of dessert because I didn't have a sweet tooth...
    I tried to keep only healthy food in the house, especially when I saw his weight go up at an alarming speed, but he reached an age when I had no control over it. Allowance. And he spent most of it on chips and pop. But...I STILL encourage you, Lorann, to do what you're doing...Keep the junk out of the house, keep fruit and healthy stuff on hand. Something else I learned was to make tons of vegetables and salad, but cut way back on the size of the meat and side dish servings. That way, if they're really hungry at supper, they'll have no choice but to fill up on the healthy stuff. Devious...I know...
    (My sister taught me that. Instead of cooking 2 large pork chops per person, she'd cook the smaller pork chops - 1 per person...and she'd fill her Dutch cooker with broccoli. She cut back on pasta to one cup per person, potatoes were 1 1/2 per person. It worked. She has 8 kids and they're all a healthy weight.)

And I have a niece - She's 5'1" - and she weighs over 430 pounds. My sister has done everything in her power to try to help her, but to no avail. She's paid out big bucks for personal trainers, exercise classes, a nutritionist, counselors... My niece's doctor has noted damage to internal organs. And even though my niece says she wants help (she wants gastric bypass), my sister has had to let it go for now. When my niece is truly ready, she'll have to take the first step. Part of the problem, I'm sure, is that my niece lives quite a distance away, and she doesn't socialize very much. So she really has no one she feels comfortable with, to get out and do things. But I agree, that putting the offer out there - like my sister did - to share on a weight loss journey, is a good thing. No pressure, but when she's ready, she knows that the support is there.
  • swignal
    swignal Posts: 441
    Good Afternoon Team,

Holly crap, I slept until 12 noon today I have never slept past 8am ever.. I cant believe when i opened my eyes and the clock said 12' noon... I went into the living room and my niece and daughter was sitting there playing on the Wii and i said why did you guys let me sleep so long they said we thought you were up earlier..

well I must tell you that my son is trying to work things out with his girlfriend because of his son.. so she came over with my grandson on Tues and they spent the night Tues and Wed. they went home this mornig when my son went to work... it was really nice haveing them all there and no argueeing!!! I really hope things work out for them for my grandsons sack they both have a lot of things to work on..

my mother had to go to court today for her car accident in November of 2005.. she hasnt been able to work since and her car was totaled they even had to use the Jaws of life to get her out of the car.. and all they want to give her is 20,000.. which is some bull crap.. and they said if she fought it then she might not get anything.. what a crappy lawyer.. she was between two cars when the car behind her hit her so hard she went 50 yards and hit a nother car.. in a focus they air bags never went off her seat broke right in half it was horible.. when we got to the seen they were still cuting her out of the car..we lived about 15 minutes from where it happened...well lets pray that the judge makes him pay today..!!!!

Okay, I havent been loging my food because of my computer being down..its hard.. but I have been watching what I have been eating.. I have been getting these Turkey brest that is marinated they have been buy one get one free and one package feeds the whole family so I have been getting them alot I really like them its good for us and it is cheep!! and they come in different flavors so like lemon gallic, itailian, rotisary, teryiaki, ect.. sorry for the miss spelling!! but they are all good..so the kids dont complain about eating it.. they say mmm this chicken is good!!! LOL... what they dont know dont hurt them LOL..

okay talk to you later I am going to get moving since it is so late in the day!!!...

Sheila