T.H.E. (Trying Hard Everyday) TEAM ~ Week 19 ~ WELCOME!!

12345679»

Replies

• LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    Afternoon Everybody!!!

Thanks for the words of encouragement on the CS issue. Its frustrating and not the first time Ive had to deal with his crap and Im sure it wont be the last. Im just sick to death of being lied to by that office, then to have this happen...its just downright maddening.

Anyway... On to better and more important things right now...I made it up by 8:30 this morning. Not by choice.. LOL I listed some stuff on craigslist yesterday and the phone started ringing at that time. Its all good tho cuz I need to sell this stuff and I needed to get up anyway. Hubby got a call about a job he interviewed for last week . PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE pray that he gets this job. Its a management position so would pay pretty good. He thought he botched the 1st interview but aparently they had to check his background and references and now they want him back in to talk with thier HR people (fingers crossed double time here)

I got breakfast in and went to the track. I walked 1 mile then decided to do 1.5 miles worth of wogging and check my time since I was by myself this time. Tuesday when I went with Shelby, my time was 20 minutes something and I went in the evening. This morning I am SUPER pleased to annouce that my time for 1.5 miles was 16:13, so Im almost there!! Almost to that 1.5 miles in 15 minutes or less and Im sure I can probably do it on Saturday if I dont walk the mile first. The other cool news is my legs done hurt anywhere near like they were, but I still feel the workout. This is cool because once I hit that 15 minute mark, Im gonna be pushing longer running time.

adopt4...I cant get over how much alike we are. Just 2 weeks ago I was saying the same thing. :laugh: I think for me, that enjoying my outdoor time has made a big difference. I was ready for a change of pace from the gym and since our weather has been nice, my motivation is getting better but I am also doing things I enjoy again that I havent had a chance to do in a while. This fall when the weather gets nasty, I'll probably be ready for the gym again, but for now.. water aerobics is about all I even wanna go there for once in a while. (PS. I cant wait till Marty's pool is open..LOL)

Lorann- I agree with adopt4. I wouldnt push your daughter to lose the weight, shes gotta wanna do it for herself. You are the best example for her tho, so if she see's you doing it and asks how...definitely share with her the site and tell her to come join our group! Share with her the changes you see in yourself...for example "Man, I cant believe how much energy i have now that I am walking more often" or "Wanna help me shop for some pants, mine are getting too big". Hopefully she will see those changes and want that for herself, but let it be her choice. Getting upset with her is more likely to frustrate her more and if shes an emotional eater could make things worst. If she isnt into exercising, Id do what adopt4 said to do and invite her to do fun things that dont seem like exercise. Swimming, walking at a local park (pack a healthy lunch and invite her for a picnic) or just anything that gets the both of you up and around and moving. Besides it will give you a chance to spend some quality time together doing fun things. If you like to cook, try having her over for dinner on nights when you have extra's to share so she can see that eating doesnt have to be unhealthy to eat yummy foods. For the other teens (boy can I relate.. I have 3 of them ages 13, 16 & 17 and my middle is anti-vegetables all the way). We used to do the chips, ice cream, dips and dessert every night before I changed things for us. Now, for snacks I buy healthy granola bars, string cheese, crackers, fruit, veggies, gogurt (which we throw in the freezer and make frozen yogurt out of) and nuts. I make dessert maybe once a week now and it is never a reward. The desserts are things that are lowfat and low sugar and they dont even know unless they watch me make it. I sneek plain yogurt into creamy salads that call for mayo....they are none the wiser.. LOL So....sneek stuff in.. they wont know and before you know it they will be asking for the healthier things. I dont buy the junk food for them anymore. If they want it, they can spend thier own money on it and boy its amazing how much less of it they eat.. :laugh:
  • prayerfulmom
    prayerfulmom Posts: 409
    Boy do I have surprising news. I went to have my Resting Metabolic Rate tested. I am above average. Who'd have thought. They see it more with people who weight train. I don't do much of that. But you know I'm crazy with the cycling, running, walking, etc. However, I though for years of fad diets I'd killed my metabolism. I guess all the exercise and all the meals spread out through the day really do help. Anyway, I've been instructed to eat 2000 a day minumum. Not at all what I expected. They are telling me I've been in starvation mode. Makes ya think doesn't it.:noway:
  • LosingIt4good
    Boy do I have surprising news. I went to have my Resting Metabolic Rate tested. I am above average. Who'd have thought. They see it more with people who weight train. I don't do much of that. But you know I'm crazy with the cycling, running, walking, etc. However, I though for years of fad diets I'd killed my metabolism. I guess all the exercise and all the meals spread out through the day really do help. Anyway, I've been instructed to eat 2000 a day minumum. Not at all what I expected. They are telling me I've been in starvation mode. Makes ya think doesn't it.:noway:

Wow, nice!! Where did ya go to get it tested?? Id love to do that if its not spendy.
  • Hey All

The worst has happened - I hurt so very bad. My friend with cancer who is not accepting it well at all has ask me to let him go. He will not stand by and watch me suffer as he goes through treatment. We have talked for hours on end and to no avail. Today just a little while ago, I let him go. I had to - he would have it no other way. So I keep thinking if I do it and he really loves me, he will be back. But the hurt in me HURTS SO BAD!!!!!!!!!!!!! I told him this and he says I will get over it a lot sooner. No I won't but you can't convince him. WHY GIRLS!!!!!!!!!!!! WHY ME!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHY HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry I had to get that out. I have become a talker and not an emotional eater. I am as okay as can be expected but I don't want to start eating. Now I talk it out - going to go walk it out. Be back
  • Indianagranny- I am sorry to hear about your friend, maybe it is just the only way he can handle it. It is a very hard situation to handle and I hate that you have to go through this.

Sheila- you really must of needed the rest. I hope you are feeling better soon. I am so excited about coming up. When will you get your computer back?

Everyone- I seen my dietician yesterday. (spelling) and she gave me my recommended numbers as follows: carbs, fiber, and sugar added as one and not to go over 225g a day, fat-42g, sodium-2,400, protein-56g and calories 1200-1500 a day. I have been doing just about that however, today I did go over my sodium by 200 g. I just hope it does not effect my weigh in tomorrow. I have a loss already but will wait to post. I have a horrible habit of weighing everyday. I know it is not good to do that but just can't help it.

I hope everyone has a loss this week. Looking forward to results..
  • cyndeebee
    cyndeebee Posts: 249 Member
    So sorry, indianagranny, about your devastating news. It sounds like he loves you very much, but I'm in agreement with you. I wouldn't want the relationship to end , either. Every moment in life is precious. Any time you can spend with a loved one is a gift. I'll pray that he has a change of heart.
    I believe that life, and dying, are journeys we all have to take. If we're fortunate, we can have our dearest close by for both journeys. Maybe in time, he'll change his mind. Do you think he'd consider talking to someone about his feelings?
    I don't know what his prognosis is, but if he could talk to a social worker in the medical field, or a hospice worker, it might help him deal better.

Whatever he decides, I guess it is his choice. And know that we'll all be here for you. Anytime.

Take care of yourself. You're a very courageous and good-hearted woman. I hope life throws some tenderness your way soon. You SO deserve that...

Big hugs...
  • adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    Indiana, i'm so sorry for this pain. Good for you, girl, that you aren't turning to food. And the adage I've discovered is true - what doesn't kill us makes us stronger. You're a strong woman, you can get thru this.
  • swignal
    swignal Posts: 441
    Good evening Team,

My sister came over tonight so I am on her computer... Not sure when I am getting my computer back right now...I just have to be patient... I am prob better off saving to buy a new one!!!!

Indiana - I am soo sooo sooo sry you are hurting I wish I could take your hurt away.. You are a wonderful person and I wish you happiness.. Maybe one day your friend will open his eyes and realize that you are by his side and your a great friend... Keep being strong he will come to his sences!!!

April - Not sure when my computer is going to be back from computer heaven but my sister is here on the weekends.. I can use her's breifly.. I am looking forward to our visit.. It is going to be a whole lot of fun..

well everyone hello and good night.. although I might have a hard time falling asleep since I slept in until noon!!! I still cant believe I slept so late!!! that is so not me...
  • IG - So sorry you are suffering so. You and he are in my prayers.

Today I went to Walmart instead of the gym - day off. Not really that exciting. Ate pretty much within limits so tomorrow should be a good day on the scale. Proud of myself for eating 2 healthy snacks today instead of eating too much at meal times. We get used to eating a certain amount of food so I am trying to change it to healthier stuff like watermelon or yogurt instead of cookies. Kind of like what others were saying earlier. There have not been chips in our house since I started MFP (5months).

Keep it up ladies!!!!
  • LosingIt4good