Halloween Chlg - Day 8: Oct 23 check in

NTBoard
NTBoard Posts: 363 Member
edited November 2023 in Challenges
Yesterday I got in a 25 minute Carribean Workout from FitTV. I erased it after I was done as the moves were much too complicated for me but I kept moving and felt like I got a good workout despite it not being exactly what they were doing. I've got a number of other FitTV programs on the Tivo so I'll try another one of them today. I also threw in 15 minutes on my bike. AND, does shoveling snow count as cardio?! :)

+++POSITIVE THOUGHTS+++!!!
Niccole

Replies

• NTBoard
    NTBoard Posts: 363 Member
    Yesterday I got in a 25 minute Carribean Workout from FitTV. I erased it after I was done as the moves were much too complicated for me but I kept moving and felt like I got a good workout despite it not being exactly what they were doing. I've got a number of other FitTV programs on the Tivo so I'll try another one of them today. I also threw in 15 minutes on my bike. AND, does shoveling snow count as cardio?! :)

+++POSITIVE THOUGHTS+++!!!
    Niccole
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    yesterday was boot camp again... much easier this week. (60 minutes)
    and my walk (about an hour)

Niccole, I can't believe your snow, and I'm sure shoveling counts as weight training at least!
  • Katy009
    Katy009 Posts: 579 Member
    I live in Italy now, but am from Michigan, so I KNOW that shoveling snow counts as cardio!!

For every hour of shoveling / and if you weigh:

130 lbs
    you would burn
    354 calories

155 lbs
    you would burn
    422 calories

190 lbs
    you would burn

I sure don't miss that activity! Good Luck.
  • ahertel0214
    ahertel0214 Posts: 244 Member
    50 minute Spin class

15 minutes weight training

10 minute quick jog on the treadmill

AND... I'm down 2 pounds this morning!

That is a total of 7 pounds for this month, Woo Hoo!
  • pamelawh
    pamelawh Posts: 162 Member
    i did 30 min level 2 strength training of 5 circuits and 80 min cardio on the treadmill running program. i can remember some exercise classes that i have done that i felt like a total retard because the moves were awkward but i stuck with it until i got the moves down and then decided whether i liked it or not. i think your body remembers even when your brain doesn't think it does. great going!
  • aslavich
    aslavich Posts: 250 Member
    30 min walk again today with my 1 lb weights... gotta have pretty arms to go with my nice booty!!! LOL... : )
  • julieofthewolves
    julieofthewolves Posts: 339 Member
    aslavich - you Funny Girl!

30 minute on treadmill at gym.
    Arm weight circuit.
    Situps/pushups.
    3 mile walk to post office and back.
  • aslavich
    aslavich Posts: 250 Member
    I have to laugh or I might go coocoo...

Just got off of my recumbent bike. I rode for 47 minutes and burned 300+ calories (I stopped when my bike said 300 but MFP said 343 cals. I'm going with MFP's!)

Have a nice evening everyone...
    Angela