My body is changing..

Options
may_marie
may_marie Posts: 667 Member
hello all!

And i am not only talking about inches around my waist, but my stomach is smaller as well. after excersising portion control for almost 3 months. i can not eat as much as i used to. or as fast !.
i used to be able to eat twice the amount that i now put on my dinner plate. and now. half way through my dinner i feel satisfied. i am unable to eat as fast either. the whole double portion dinner used to go down in record speed. but yesterday i was in a rush and took dinner stressed out and fast and 10 minutes later i felt sick and nauseous. i could have eaten a brick. my whole attitude to food has changed. yesterday i was at a kids birthday party and i would normaly have raided the snacks on display. but i didnt even feel like it. instead .. i had a small piece of birthday cake guiltfree. because i know its a rare exception and that i didnt eat a whole bol of chips before that. and because the cake fitted in my calories allowance.

i used to have no self control when it came to food. and those changes are the most amazing things. because now i know that getting to my goal weight is just a matter of time.... not of will.
its all down to a new lifestyle.

may

Replies

• may_marie
    may_marie Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    hello all!

And i am not only talking about inches around my waist, but my stomach is smaller as well. after excersising portion control for almost 3 months. i can not eat as much as i used to. or as fast !.
    i used to be able to eat twice the amount that i now put on my dinner plate. and now. half way through my dinner i feel satisfied. i am unable to eat as fast either. the whole double portion dinner used to go down in record speed. but yesterday i was in a rush and took dinner stressed out and fast and 10 minutes later i felt sick and nauseous. i could have eaten a brick. my whole attitude to food has changed. yesterday i was at a kids birthday party and i would normaly have raided the snacks on display. but i didnt even feel like it. instead .. i had a small piece of birthday cake guiltfree. because i know its a rare exception and that i didnt eat a whole bol of chips before that. and because the cake fitted in my calories allowance.

i used to have no self control when it came to food. and those changes are the most amazing things. because now i know that getting to my goal weight is just a matter of time.... not of will.
    its all down to a new lifestyle.

may
  • auntkaren
    auntkaren Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Thanks May, it will help me to stay motivated to see how well it has worked for you.
  • rheston
    rheston Posts: 638
    Options
    I hadn't really paid that much attention to this phenomenon until I read your note and I believe that's what's been happening to me as well. I'm now the last one finished eating and there's seldom a clean plate in front of me when I'm done.

Thanks for pointing this positive thing out.
  • dmflynt
    dmflynt Posts: 196
    Options
    I noticed the same thing.....and that the food I used to LOVE isn't as satisfying any more. We had fast food burger and fries for dinner the other night <gasp>, and afterwards I felt heavy, bloated, and funky! :ohwell:

It was a good reminder that even though some food tastes good at first, it's not necessarily good FOR you!
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    That is great! I always tell people to stick with this at least a month, and they will realize they get fuller faster than they used to. If you allow your stomach to shrink it won't be so difficult to stay on track with your calories. You simply don't need as much food as you once did. I don't suffer at all! Yes, I feel hunger now and then but it's a normal hunger. If I had lunch at 1, of course I will feel hunger around 5. But it's not an uncomfortable type of feeling. I hope everyone sticks with this!
  • kentuckygirl
    Options
    WAY TO GO!! What a huge step!