does any one know???

Options
im going to the roller rink with my daughter. :laugh: we will skate for 2 hours 30 mins.:laugh: :laugh: is it really possible that i could burn 1800 cals skating?? :noway: i checked this site and a couple others and they all say the same it just doesnt seem possible. i cant imagine burning that many cals just skating in circles around the rink. :wink: and if this is true i never eat my cals burned so should i eat some of them before i go? well be skating 6:30-9 pm. and if this is true id only have to work out once a week to burn all my cals for the week. so is this really true???

Replies

• bricker06
    bricker06 Posts: 316
    Options
    im going to the roller rink with my daughter. :laugh: we will skate for 2 hours 30 mins.:laugh: :laugh: is it really possible that i could burn 1800 cals skating?? :noway: i checked this site and a couple others and they all say the same it just doesnt seem possible. i cant imagine burning that many cals just skating in circles around the rink. :wink: and if this is true i never eat my cals burned so should i eat some of them before i go? well be skating 6:30-9 pm. and if this is true id only have to work out once a week to burn all my cals for the week. so is this really true???
  • Helawat
    Helawat Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    It depends on multiple factors.

I'm an experienced roller skater. I've been skating on quads for 11 years now and I'm 99.99% sure that I'll burn more calories than you will because of my my speed, skating duration, the method in which I take turns, and the direction in which I skate. My heart rate is faster and my calves burn more when I skate backwards.

I would recommend wearing a heart rate monitor when you skate. If you're holding on to the rail, skating slowly, or take longer breaks, you may not burn as many calories as you think you would.

Enjoy skating- it's a great workout!
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    That's speed skating I would guess. I showed over 800 calories an hour for me - kickboxing doesn't burn that many. I would guess it's closer to 400 per hour (which is what I found for ice skating less than 9 mph). You will also probably take some breaks. I might count 800 or so for the 2.5 hours.

Have fun!