Unknown quantity

I just had dinner at a friends house. It really was more like a feast. I have no idea how to count this. What should I do in the future? Everything was too good...and eat I did. Yikes

Replies

• Bert
    Bert Posts: 27
    I just had dinner at a friends house. It really was more like a feast. I have no idea how to count this. What should I do in the future? Everything was too good...and eat I did. Yikes
  • elliott062907
    elliott062907 Posts: 1,508 Member
    first I would make a list of all foods consummed
    second I would try to remember if was 1/4, 1/2 or 1 cup, "this is hard sometimes"
    Then remember how it was cooked, breaded, floured, fried, steamed....
  • Bert
    Bert Posts: 27
    Elliott,
    Thanks for the tip. How do you handle the last minute invitation. If I knew ahead I would have planned my strategy. This was impromptu and I just didn't even think about how to deal with "good choices".
  • jnkreis
    jnkreis Posts: 51 Member
    the way that i handle it is that you can plan for everything in life, and sometimes the best things are the things that you haven't planned for, say for example the dinner party....spur of the moment yes, but wonderful just the same....you deserve those things, and it, at least, i have found that it helps me control things that much better...i don't know what is around every corner, and i enjoy it while it lasts. a few really good pieces of advice....first, whenever it is a buffet style dinner, take a smaller size plate vs. a larger size plate. you will fill the small plate, and when you finish it you'll probably be full, as well as you won't feel as though you have wasted food, or better yet consumed it. also, enjoy the conversation at all of these functions....it allows you to eat at a slower pace, which will allow your brain to tell you that you are full, and you will refrain from overeating. the last piece of advice....when you go out to eat say at a restaurant, when you order your food ask for a carry out container to be brought with your food. immediately upon receiving your food, put half of your dinner in the to go container. this way you won't overeat, you're getting 2 meals for the price of 1, and you have also satisfied your urge to "clean your plate" hope this helps!
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Honestly? I would write it down. Don't be shy about saying to people, "I'm tracking my caloric intake" Nothing wrong with it whether you are trying to lose weight or simply trying to maintain or get fit. I'm pretty open with friends about what I can and can't eat and how much. Nobody will take offense to you jotting down how much of what you ate.

Obviously its too late to do this this time but I mean for next time :drinker: