How do you use PB2? Suggestions?

Replies

• krissypea79
    krissypea79 Posts: 362 Member
    I just got my regular and chocolate PB2 the other day and I am in love!! Ordered it from amazon.com. So far, I have only just eaten it by itself, but I love the oatmeal idea!!

I like to spread peanut butter (4tbsp makes it better, STILL only 90 calories, 100 less than regular or natural PB!) on a tortilla or pita (LaTortilla factory has a good low carb, 50 calorie tortilla), and then I put a banana in the middle and roll it up...makes a very filling snack!!

Excited to try new things with it, I am so happy about this discovery, since I am a PB-holic! :smile:
  • reducingrenee622
    reducingrenee622 Posts: 48 Member
    My husband was wondering if you could bake with PB2 or PB2 Chocolate. I didn't see any recipes or suggestions that I could in this forum, but saving this for later incase someone has recipes that suggest I could!
  • HeatherBittner
    HeatherBittner Posts: 296 Member
    Bump. I have some in my pantry and needed ideas. Thanks everyone!!
  • Ratrap
    Ratrap Posts: 153
    Does anybody else think its really salty? I like it in my smoothies but I tried it mixed like it said and it was really bad tasting like it was too salty
  • 126siany
    126siany Posts: 1,386 Member
    Have never used it but wanting to try. Can anyone tell me where to find PB2?

I actually saw it in Target last week, with the regular peanut butter!
  • KM0692
    KM0692 Posts: 178 Member
    1/2 cup cottage cheese
    1 scoop chocolate protein powder
    2 tbsp PB2
    1 banana
    1 tbsp sugar free chocolate pudding mix
    2 packets Stevia
    1/2-3/4 cup water
    Handful of ice cubes

Blend and enjoy! Soooooo good! :)
  • LissaDebo
    LissaDebo Posts: 19 Member
    • spread it on whole-grain english muffins
    • add it to chocolate protein powder to make shakes
    • mix 1 serving with hershey's lite chocolate syrup (1 serving), spread it on banana slices and freeze. consume after at least an hour.
    • use it as a dip for celery and apples
    • mix it with Fage 0% yogurt (adding extra protein chocolate powder optional)
    • use it in Asian and Thai recipes that call for peanut butter or peanut sauce
    • have put it in oatmeal before

Those are my regular uses off the top of my head...
    I am definitely going to try the Chocolate Syrup suggestion! Never thought of that.
  • rhonpaul
    rhonpaul Posts: 6 Member
    I use it in place of flour in a Cake in a Cup. You can find cake in a cup/mug recipes online. I replace the flour in the recipes 1:1 with defatted peanut flour (which PB2 is).
  • I use it for adding to smoothies, ice cream, milk, and anything you would put PB on when you add it to water. I do not buy the PB and Choc as you pay a higher premium and cocoa powder tastes better to me, so I mix my PB2 w/ cocoa powder myself.
  • ElvenToad
    ElvenToad Posts: 644 Member
    I buy mine on Amazon, its quite a bit cheaper than in Walmart but you can find it there as well. Right next to the regular peanut butter.
    I like using it in my Cookie Dough Baked Oatmeal recipe among many other ways!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1256733-cookie-dough-baked-oatmeal-with-pics
  • parsonsk64
    parsonsk64 Posts: 75 Member
    if you look up the bell plantation (creators) website they have recipes.

http://www.bellplantation.com/recipes

Bump. And thank you! Just got some recently myself!
  • fivethreeone
    fivethreeone Posts: 8,196 Member
    I put it in shakes or in my oatmeal. It's not as good as the real thing, but it's a serviceable substitute on a strict cut.
  • tar0809
    tar0809 Posts: 122 Member
    I love using it!! I put it on toast or apples. It says use 1 tbsp of water to 2 tbsp of the pb2 but I just add water very slowly until its the consistency that I like which is pretty thick!! :)
  • sapl31
    sapl31 Posts: 72 Member
    I put it in my oatmeal to add protein. I have mixed it with water to make a peanut butter and mix in some no sugar added jelly for a snack. I have used it to bake cookies and breads.
  • ratherbeskiing
    ratherbeskiing Posts: 847 Member
    I put the chocolate one on my gluten free english muffins but mostly I add it to chocolate protein powder to make it taste like a reeses... so good!
  • megan116xo
    megan116xo Posts: 40 Member
    I saw it in the store and I wasn't sure it was worth trying! Now that I read this im quite excited!! :)
  • mysmileighs
    mysmileighs Posts: 103 Member
    I put it in my smoothies with strawberries, protein powder, ice, and milk. I usually just use 1/2 the serving size for the smoothie...
    I also like mixing it with water like it says and using it as regular peanut butter!

My boyfriend got the Chocolate to try mixing with Vanilla ice cream in the blender and get a chocolate milkshake-ish-thing. (He's the chef...All I heard was chocolate, ice cream, milkshake. LOL)

I've gotten it at Publix and Kroger. At my Kroger it's in the organic section, and at Publix, I currently get it out of the special order shelf (meaning they don't stock it regularly) but maybe that will change soon. Will definitely look at Amazon to see if there's a price difference. But I think it was ~$5 at Kroger/Publix.

:smile:
  • ANewCrystal4Life
    ANewCrystal4Life Posts: 121 Member
    Chocolate is my favorite...

*Thaw out a tub of SF/FF Cool Whip and add in the PB2 and gently stir until well combined then refreeze. Taste just like peanut butter ice cream.
    * Add a TBSP to oatmeal...delish.
    * Add a TBSP to Bananna/Egg Pancakes
  • JustineMarie21
    JustineMarie21 Posts: 438 Member
    Spoonful:)
  • karensdream
    karensdream Posts: 135 Member
    I like to mix it with ff vanilla greek yogurt, then stir in a few dark chocolate chips! Decadent!