almond milk???

saw it at the store today, have read about it, now sure what to do with it. anyone use it?? what does it taste like, is it sweet??? how do you mix it with protein powders ect....help!!!!

Replies

• clocklady
    clocklady Posts: 111 Member
    I love almond milk! I buy unsweetened vanilla and put it in smoothies and on cereal/oat bran. I also buy the plain unsweetened and use it in baking instead of dairy milk.

You can buy it sweetened or unsweetend. Not sure about protein powder since I don't use them, I'm sure they would mix in just like they would in water or regular milk.
  • Yes, I use it Monday thru Friday. I use a cup of Almond milk with a scoop of protein powder in the blender. I have one drink in the morning for breakfast and another for lunch, then I eat a normal dinner. I have lost 5lbs already this week. It's pretty drastic but I'm tired of not losing eating real food. Weekends I eat whatever I want as long as my cals are within my budget of 1200. Hope that helps!
  • marcenepea
    marcenepea Posts: 364 Member
    I also love almond milk. I use it anyway I would use regular milk. I mix it with my shakeology, on cereal, cooking or just drink a glass occasionally as a snack. I would recommend getting some and giving it a try to find out what you think.
  • junyr
    junyr Posts: 416 Member
    saw it at the store today, have read about it, now sure what to do with it. anyone use it?? what does it taste like, is it sweet??? how do you mix it with protein powders ect....help!!!!

Use it as a sub for anything you'd use regular milk for.
  • Cathyvil
    Cathyvil Posts: 230 Member
    In the summer I make iced coffee with it.

4 servings (1 cup) espresso or very strong black coffee
    2 cups unsweetened chocolate almond milk
    7-8 ice cubes
    2 packets of truvia

Put it all in the blender and it comes out as icy foamy coffee goodness.
  • LOVE IT LOVE LOVE it...It is also good with Protein Smoothies...
  • myltlisa24
    myltlisa24 Posts: 242 Member
    I love almond milk, that is ALL i drink, only because I am lactose intolerant...and I cannot drink anything else. The unsweetened, 60 calorie per cup is good, i have that in my cereal, and then as a treat I have a cup of chocolate almond milk, SO GOOD!! This is the only dairy I get throughout the day, since I can't stomach anything else. would love to know if you can have it in smoothies!
  • myltlisa24
    myltlisa24 Posts: 242 Member

4 servings espresso
    7-8 ice cubes
    2 packets of truvia

Yum I'll have to try that, you say four servings of expresso - cups??
  • Love the almond milk. I like the silk pure almond vanilla better than the blue diamond. The blue diamond is pretty watery, but if you are really concerned about calories and not the amount of calcium then blue diamond is 1/2 the calories. I have a hard time with dairy though, which is why I switched to the almond milk. I want to try baking with it.
  • Cathyvil
    Cathyvil Posts: 230 Member

4 servings espresso
    7-8 ice cubes
    2 packets of truvia

Yum I'll have to try that, you say four servings of expresso - cups??

1 serving of espresso is 1/4 cup so I use a total of 1 cup of espresso. You could use a cup of very strong black coffee as well :) I will go back and edit my original post.
  • I love almond milk, that is ALL i drink, only because I am lactose intolerant...and I cannot drink anything else. The unsweetened, 60 calorie per cup is good, i have that in my cereal, and then as a treat I have a cup of chocolate almond milk, SO GOOD!! This is the only dairy I get throughout the day, since I can't stomach anything else. would love to know if you can have it in smoothies!

I make smoothies out of it, even some with spinach in them. My favorite is about 1 cup of frozen berries, hand full of baby spinach, 1/2 cup of silk pure almond vanilla, and some ice till it is the consistancy I want it.
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    I use Pure Almond, Unsweetened

Use it as you would any other milk...just drink it, put it on cereal, in my coffee, in recipes, in smoothies...anything...it's milk...
  • Does anybody know where you can buy almond milk in the UK? I really want to try it but can't find it.
  • mfisher16508
    mfisher16508 Posts: 269 Member
    omg....OK I will def try it this week, went to store today, will get some tuesday after appt with surgeon and let you all know thank you soooooooo much for your replies.

mary
  • crimsoncat
    crimsoncat Posts: 457 Member
    I liked almond milk for a while, but it was a touch too sweet for my taste. Also, it was a hair too watery for me after a while. I ended up switching back to skim milk, but it was fun to try something new.
  • veryhappyfeet
    veryhappyfeet Posts: 7 Member
    Alpro sells almond milk in UK! :) i get it from Ocado and Tesco~ Usually get the fresh ones from Ocado. Tesco does sell the UHT version~ LOVE IT!
  • I love almond milk, I use it for everything I would normally use milk in. I personally like the unsweeted original, I live in a remote area so Blue Diamond is all that is available to me. I do not mind, I find the sweetened flavors are too sweet for my taste. Only 40 calories for a cup, love it in my Cheerios!
  • Thanks will see if I can find it. Looking forward to trying it as dairy doesn't really agree with me.
  • love it use it all the time. But for things like mashed potatoes make sure to use the unsweetened plain or rice milk.
  • Holland and Barrett sellit in the uk - I brought some this weekend to try.