What do you love about your body?

Replies

• Caper85
    Caper85 Posts: 29 Member
    We're all working on improving ourselves, but I think it would be nice to focus on the areas that we love about ourselves.

I like my collarbones, small rib area, little ankles, shoulder bones, small ears, pointy chin and eyes. And that smile my mom paid craploads to achieve. :)

Have to say at this time not one thing impresses me about my body. Downright disgusting...again, RIGHT NOW! Ask me the same question in July 2013.
  • New_Atti2ude
    New_Atti2ude Posts: 114 Member
    Wow!!! You look amazing. Pure inspiration.
  • Everything but my tummy. That's why I'm on here.
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    I am kind of in amazement over my body in general.

When I was young I thought there were no redeeming qualities. Then a whole brand new human grew inside it. Then I gave birth to that little human *at home* (RAWR!) After that, I nourished that little human with my body for close to 2 years.

That process alone allowed me to appreciate the beautiful function of my own body. But now at close to 40 I can look at my body and see the beautiful aesthetics of it. I can look in the mirror and see beautiful curves that are both soft and touchable and strong. I can appreciate that while I still want to keep improving that there are parts of me that others wish they had.

Edited to change stupid typos :wink:
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    I am kind of in amazement over my body in general.

When I was young I thought there were no redeeming qualitites. Then a whole brand new human grew inside it. Then I gave birth to that little human *at home* (RAWR!) After that, I nourished that little human with my body for close to 2 years.

That process alone allowed me to appreciate the beautiful function of my own body. But now at close to 40 I can look at my body and see the beautiful aesthetics of it. I can look in the mirror and see beautiful curves that are both soft and touchable and strong. I can appreciate that while I still want to keep improving that there are parts of me that others wish they had.
    I want to be like you when I "grow up" - that is the most awesome response ever. I can't wait until I get there mentally. You're awesome.
  • My hair and my hands.. Everything else is basically ****!
  • I love my feet. I have long, straight toes so they look great in sandals. My mom and sister both had hammer toes and have had to have surgery and still hate their toes, so I'm really happy I didn't have to go through all they've had to deal with. My husband likes my rear, which is the one thing I hate most. How funny is that? :huh:
  • Nothing really..........and that's being totally honest!! =0/

There has to be something that you like about yourself, there are beautiful qualities in everyone :)
    I used to be that way, just keep looking :)

I like my eyes and I like the upper part of my stomach (I have an hour glass body shape and thats where I lose weight first)
  • New_Atti2ude
    New_Atti2ude Posts: 114 Member
    Honestly, I don't love my body very much from an aesthetic point of view (I just don't see myself as a very attractive person), but I really do love what my body is capable of - I love that I am strong and healthy, and I love having visible muscles pretty much everywhere - not because they are beautiful, but because they reflect the work I have put in to changing my life.

You look fantastic! Pure inspiration. What are you talking about? Your gorgeous!!!!
  • Kelsbellz
    Kelsbellz Posts: 142 Member
    My blue eyes and my smile. :happy:
  • stephzub
    stephzub Posts: 106 Member
    My eyes; kinda unique (one blue and one green)!
  • hellonheels88
    hellonheels88 Posts: 262 Member
    I'd have to say the twins (aka the girls)...it's probably the one place I am praying that I don't lose weight from haha
  • Everyone seems to like my big blue eyes. I guess people are used to seeing blue eyes on blonds, so it throws people a curve when they see my dark hair and blue eyes! My dad had black hair and blue eyes and a natural tan. I didn't get the natural tan though. I color my hair now a tad lighter than my natural color though.

Oh, and my tush, haha! Because it's always the thing that loses the quickest when I go on a diet!
  • the fact that my husband loves me any shape or weight im at....and how well i hold my weight as when i talk about losing weight ....i get " u dont look it at all" (what my weight really is when i tell them)....when i see it...n know im over weight...n uncomfy.....also my husband likes my butt! =p
  • AmyM713
    AmyM713 Posts: 594 Member
    My curves and I will love them even more when I lose these last 10 lbs and tone up.
  • Hanablu2
    Hanablu2 Posts: 134 Member
    Love my legs and chest.
  • itgeekwoman
    itgeekwoman Posts: 804 Member
    That it's shrinking. Part of my change is in my head. I'll figure it out I'm sure.
  • my nails.
  • spazwgeo
    spazwgeo Posts: 70 Member
    I actually really like my shoulders! I've been doing body pump and have noticed that they have become more defined! Ha I went out and bought shirts that show them off!!! :)
  • I am kind of in amazement over my body in general.

When I was young I thought there were no redeeming qualitites. Then a whole brand new human grew inside it. Then I gave birth to that little human *at home* (RAWR!) After that, I nourished that little human with my body for close to 2 years.

I want to be like you when I "grow up" - that is the most awesome response ever. I can't wait until I get there mentally. You're awesome.

Agreed. Most forty year olds hate their bodies. So it is very refreshing to read this beautiful sentiment.