THE (Trying Hard Everyday) Team ~ WEEK 21!!

Replies

• cyndeebee
    cyndeebee Posts: 249 Member
    Good morning, everybody!

It's raining here, and supposed to stay that way all day. Good day for cleaning, I think.
    Lorann...I tried to add you on Facebook last night, but couldn't find you. Hmmm. I'm sure I got the name right, because I copied and pasted it...
    And adopt4...How do I find you on Facebook?
    Holy cow...Do you see what we're doing? Not only do we have the best group here, on MFP, we're also taking over the Facebook world!
    Last night, I got bored and decided to check out some of the shows on HBO. Got hooked on True Blood...So now I'm on a mission to catch all of the shows from the beginning. Between that and "Nurse Jackie," I'm about to become a Couch Potato...
    Just kidding...Put that slipper away...

Anyway, I have a messy house calling my name...

(And oh yeah...Sheila...It would be lovely to meet up with you and April, but I don't drive. I knew my stubborness about not wanting to get my license would catch up with me...Darn.)
  • nitag
    nitag Posts: 706 Member
    LI4G so sorry about opa.. Losing a pet is terrible.. Hugs to you and your family...

Thanks everyone for the facebook ads.. I am on there a lot since I am on a computer all day long..

I started planning my meal for the day but the food thing is slow and i want to go walk..

Talk to you all later...

Anita
  • Lorann
    Lorann Posts: 107
    Sorry Cyndee ... try now Lori Hall-Snifeld ... I had the search setting on it wrong :laugh: I did try to add you but there were to many :laugh:

healthymom ... thank you ... but after that walk I was so wide awake I couldn't fall asleep and then slept in this morning :laugh:
  • stillkristi
    stillkristi Posts: 1,135 Member
    Morning everyone, Cyndi, {{{{{Big Hug}}}}} I'm so sorry. I know it doesn't help that I know how you feel. I know it doesn't help that we all feel for you. But, know we do. I agree with lulu, keep huggin that kid. We will keep huggin you.

Other stuff - the corrective plan is generally working. Its really interesting to me that for two months, I didn't have any cravings and didn't worry about eating late at night. Which used to be my worst downfall. Well, yesterday, I had a lot of food cravings, and last night, it was extremely difficult to keep from eating at about 10:30!! It's been really humbling to come to realize that those old habits are still in there, waiting to re-assert themselves! So, I feel a little like I am re-blazing the trail to where I was just a week ago in terms of habits and cravings. Its frustrating, and a little depressing, but I know the cure for that - EXERCISE! So, I better get to it.

Love all you guys! April and Sheila - have a great visit. I know how wonderful it is to get together with a special girl friend! ENJOY!!! The rest of you, old friends and new, take care, be safe and have fun today!
  • SherryRueter
    SherryRueter Posts: 2,824 Member
    Hey all. I made it through last night... Day 1... Done...No diet soda!! And I am hoping for a repeat today!!!. :happy:

At work they are having a pot luck today. I brought carrot sticks, celery, pickles and Waldon Farms salad dressing. Then I also brought some lettuce for me to eat as they are having Taco's as a main dish and I thought I could just snag some meat and have my own Taco Salad (I brought my own Salsa). I hope the Brownies and cookies don't call my name. :wink:

Took the scale a day early today (I just couldn't resist)...but the weight was exactly the same as last week and the week before...so I am maintaining my weight just fine....which is what my plan is.

Have a good morning....I hope I can keep up the No diet pop!
  • nitag
    Just got done exercising.. 50 mins on the treadmill.. No time for anything else. Hopefully I will do the abs tonight...

Goal for the day..

Stay on track
    Take my food to work..
    Drink 8 glasses of water...

Anita
  • LI4G - I am so sorry to hear bout the kitty. We are all here for all of you.

SR88201 - WTG ON NO DIET POP ! HOORAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CrazybeeRX - Go for the bike and enjoy the time with the granddaughter.
  • adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    sr - way to go!!! I'm not there yet, I figured one vice at a time was about all I can handle. :tongue:

I love every morning getting up and getting the kids sat down to breakfast and while they eat I read thru everyone's posts. Thank you all for being so encouraging, for sharing so much of your lives, and for just being the people you are! It's inspiring!

losingit, I am so sorry bout Opa. Poor kid.

Anita, just stay with the program and don't sweat the small stuff. Just do what you need to do and focus on other things. It's when the lifestyle gets boring and no longer really challenging that we can really screw up. You're doing well, just keep it up! Oh and Kristi, same to you. Your body/mind are saying "ok that's enough, we miss the old ways". You can so do this.

prayerful - I'm so glad you're able to read your body correctly. I'm so looking forward to that.

I too am a daily weigher, but I'm not freaking out of if I go up as long as it's in the range I"ve been seeing. And the ony way to know that range is to have done it for awhile so I knew. In fact I weighed in this morning and was down another pound (happy dance) but I'm not logging it because a lot of times that happens, and then I go back up a pound and stay there. I have my food diary set to "lose .5 per week" which I thought, if I can stick to that then I can't gain weight, I was afraid the maintain one was too high, and sometimes I have gone over up to the maintain cals... but apparently my body is relaxing a bit. Which means I"m chomping at the bit to get back to my highly active program and see the weight melt off, but I think I need to keep doing what I'm doing for 6-8 weeks, that's how long it takes your body to adjust to changes. Then at that point I can hit it hard and I might very well see a lot of weight loss in the beginning, as if I started over. I can hope, anyway...But obviously I've broken the plateau so I could not be happier! Yeah, I thought I'd be 20-30 pounds lighter right now, but oh well. I have cute clothes to wear this summer/fall so I don't look like a ragamuffin, I feel good about what I"ve accomplished, and I'm the lowest weight I"ve been in at least 13 years. That's a big deal to me. My hubby - who likes big girls - is so worried I'm going to get "skinny". I just laugh at that. Even at 165 for my height - that is NOT skinny, that's even overweight! But I don't care, because I think (based on the fact that I was 185 in high school and overweight) that might be the right weight for my body to be able to maintain.

Oh I have to add... payback's a *****, you know, or the best revenge is living welll.... I'm going to see my sister in Aug (I see her about every 4-5 years, she hates me) and she and my brother (both older) really tortured me in my childhood for being overweight. I mean really mean. They were thin and she was pretty, etc. WELL... fast forward 20 years... she's bigger now than I've EVER been, even at my highest of 297... my brother chopped the charts at 450 last time I saw him (a long time ago)... so I can't wait to see her when I hit my goal weight just to "rub it in". Mean, I know, but we're talking decades of making fun of me, etc. Not that I"m going to SAY anything about her weight, no, I'm not going to be mean, but just being thinner than her for the first time in my life is just really exciting to me. I'm just going to flaunt it and wear cutesie clothing, but I'm not going to say a damn word... Of course that's not this year, but this year at least I'll be skinnier than her and there's a lot of satisfaction in that.

Why does she hate me? Because I am successful career wise and marriage wise and she's not. yeah, seriously. But that's another saga....
  • nitag
    Amen Adot4.. I loved reading that entire post...

Okay, So once again I am following the 50 million lb challenge diet.. It is so loaded with carbs.. Thats why I keep falling off of it... But I will follow it again and see what happens..
  • DWray44
    DWray44 Posts: 76
    I know I'm a bit late on this, but I'm on facebook too! Under Dara Wray, so look for me!
    Cyndi, so sorry about your kitty...that still breaks my heart! :sad:

My husband is on vacation this week, but unfortunately, I will have no time off to spend with him. Kinda stinks, but that's life I guess! He told me he went for a 6 mile walk this morning...meanwhile, I can barely walk to the mailbox and back! Oh well, persistence is my key I guess.

Hope you're all doing well today, it's my TOM, and with a serious vengeance! I need some liquor and pain pills! :laugh:
  • swignal
    swignal Posts: 441
    Good morning, everybody!

It's raining here, and supposed to stay that way all day. Good day for cleaning, I think.
    Lorann...I tried to add you on Facebook last night, but couldn't find you. Hmmm. I'm sure I got the name right, because I copied and pasted it...
    And adopt4...How do I find you on Facebook?
    Holy cow...Do you see what we're doing? Not only do we have the best group here, on MFP, we're also taking over the Facebook world!
    Last night, I got bored and decided to check out some of the shows on HBO. Got hooked on True Blood...So now I'm on a mission to catch all of the shows from the beginning. Between that and "Nurse Jackie," I'm about to become a Couch Potato...
    Just kidding...Put that slipper away...

Anyway, I have a messy house calling my name...

(And oh yeah...Sheila...It would be lovely to meet up with you and April, but I don't drive. I knew my stubborness about not wanting to get my license would catch up with me...Darn.)

I can drive and i have a passport to come over but I dont think April does...so not sure if that is going to happen... :-{ but I could always come over for a visit sometime...:-}

Sheila
  • lulubar
    lulubar Posts: 739 Member
    Hope you're all doing well today, it's my TOM, and with a serious vengeance! I need some liquor and pain pills! :laugh:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Liquor AND pain pills!!! That's funny stuff!

It will definately be persistence that pays off girl - don't you dare overdo it and mess that knee up again! Stinks that hubby's off without you:grumble: but yeah, that's life:ohwell:

:love: I love this group! Okay, my thoughts on the scale: Most of us have had pretty serious eating issues - or we wouldn't be in the position we are in. We made lots of unhealthy choices - fatty foods, oversized portions, no exercise, etc. The journey we are on now is to become healthy and fit. IMHO, weight should become irrelevant ~ here's why: If our focus is on eating the correct number of calories within the correct, healthy food groups and on exercising our bodies in such a way as to strengthen and tone and increase our stamina, then the weight will definately drop. To me, a reformed daily weigher, stepping on the scale everyday is akin to a recovering alcoholic pulling a bottle of beer out of the fridge, saying to herself "yep, I'm still on track" and putting the beer back. I quit weighing everyday so that I can really concentrate on just being "better" ~ being healthier ~ really living the lifestyle rather than just testing it.

I'm not even crazy about weigh-ins now because if the scale doesn't move in a positive way for me, I get really discouraged. I know I am doing what I need to do to be my healthiest self, so I choose to not allow a piece of machinery to influence my actions. And that's why I don't weigh every day anymore - :smile:
    That's my 2 cents worth, probably 2cents more than you wanted, but there it is. Have a great day gang!

later gaters
    lulu:heart:
  • SherryRueter
    SherryRueter Posts: 2,824 Member
    lulu - wonderfully said piece about the scale. Simply wonderful.:heart:

They had potluck today at work and, I was thinking about a sweet treat but, by 3:30pm they had put all the sweet stuff away and all that was left was some Vegtables and fruit. Good deal! and still no soda. I bet today will be a Day 2 of No diet soda.....yea!!!
  • cyndeebee
    cyndeebee Posts: 249 Member
    Congrats on Day 2 of no soda! You should feel very good about yourself. It's always nice to learn that we have as much willpower as we'd hoped for...:happy:

Definitely, Sheila, we'll have to arrange a time and place...sometime. Now that you mention it, I haven't given any thought to a passport. Hmmm. I should definitely do that, expecially since my "photo ID" will expire in a few months. (My beginner's license...) I haven't been out of Canada in 28 years. Holy cow...

I tried ground turkey for the first time. It was...okay...
    It was really hard to find in my small town. One grocery store had a container of it, in a back freezer, frozen solid...

Anyway, I'm glad I tried it, can't see myself getting hooked on it...
    But I love what Lulu said, about the difference between "dieting" and becoming a healthy person. Things are so different for me now, compared to a few months ago. I don't think I obsess about food, but I'm always conscious of whether or not my food choices are the best for me. I pay more attention to my sodium and cholesterol intake than the calories. And in all honesty, if I only lost a few pounds, but maintained, and continued to eat properly, I'd be very happy with that result...
  • pawprint061
    pawprint061 Posts: 640
    Hey all... not too much to say... just checking in. I have a few posts to read still to get caught up. I did dome weight lifting so far this evening but haven't done any cardio for a few days... i so need too though. But I hope everyone had a great day.. I'll post more later...
  • swignal
    Good evening team

just wanted to say a quick hello hope everyone had a great day..

good night see you tomorrow...

Sheila
  • pawprint061
    pawprint061 Posts: 640
    What would the balance ball/fitness ball be considered for working out? I need to log but I'm not sure what to list it as....
  • swignal
    Good Morning Team.

Great News My hubbys car is fixed!!! wooooo hoooo I get to leave the house to day!!! I am going to the gym.. I am so excited...

Now all I need is my computer back!!!!

well I had my mother measure me last night and i have lost 2 more inches in my midriff 2 in my waist 2 in my abs 2 in my thighs and 1 in my calf!!! what a good night it was!!!

hope everyone is doing great and I will read the post later I get to go to the gym!!!!!

sheila
  • swignal
    What would the balance ball/fitness ball be considered for working out? I need to log but I'm not sure what to list it as....

are you doing crunches on it?? cuz that would just be cruches i believe
  • Lorann
    Lorann Posts: 107
    Good morning everyone :flowerforyou:

Well one week from today is the weigh in for the Biggest Loser contest at work ... I'm just so curious as to what inches I've lost since I've started 8 weeks ago ... everyone is always telling me that I look like I've lost and I know that my clothes are big on me ... but it's weird how I don't see it at all, or feel like I've lost any inches. I could just measure myself but I want to wait until the 9 weeks was over and see what the difference was. So I stepped on the scale this morning and it said 254... so it looks like I've passed that 30lb mark woo hooo!!! Anyways I just wanted to share that :smile:

swignal - congrats on those inches!! way to go!! I'm glad you can get to the gym again ... have fun there!

paw - sorry I really don't know ... I've never tried the balance ball yet.

Well I better get going and get ready for work ... Canada Day & I get to go to work ... how exciting!!

You all have a great day!!