Is it wrong?

chrissi
chrissi Posts: 34 Member
edited November 2023 in Food and Nutrition
I have a stupid question. As you all know from an earlier post, I am a Mt Dew junkie. The past 5 days, I have not drank anything but water, no soda. At the end of the day, if I have calories left over, calories before the one's I gain by exercising, is it wrong to reward myself with one soda as long as I follow it with a bottle of water?

Replies

• chrissi
    chrissi Posts: 34 Member
    I have a stupid question. As you all know from an earlier post, I am a Mt Dew junkie. The past 5 days, I have not drank anything but water, no soda. At the end of the day, if I have calories left over, calories before the one's I gain by exercising, is it wrong to reward myself with one soda as long as I follow it with a bottle of water?
  • time2wrk
    time2wrk Posts: 773 Member
    .I am sure a doctor would say to fill the calories with fruit and healthy stuff. I, being a human being not of the doctor type, see nothing wrong with what you are proposing. I fill the calories with whatever I feel like, so why shouldn't you? Good for you for cutting back on the soda!
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    I agree!
    Enjoy your Mountain Dew =)
  • If you enjoy Mt.Dew so much why dont you use it as a reward for yourself. Say for example once a week if you eat healthy the whole week or every time you lose 3 lbs. allow yourself one can
    Its great that you have given up soda though My husband (a pepsi addict) once gave up drinking it for one year and lost 12 lbs. it was the only change in his diet he made. Good luck
  • time2wrk
    Hey, Healthier Me, Cool jack o lantern!
  • Healthier_Me
    Thanks!
    My daughter has to bring in a pumpkin to school 2morrow so this is her contribution.... but this is before the girls attacked it with paint =/
  • time2wrk
    Hahahahaha! My boys used to massacre ours when they were little. All I used to ask is to save me the seeds so I can roast 'em!
  • Healthier_Me
    Gotta love boys!
  • i was told to never reward yourself with food. but i wouldnt completely give up sodas. instead of drinking one everyday, drink one every other day or 3 times a week. its your call!
  • Loretta_Jo
    Loretta_Jo Posts: 609 Member
    Try Diet Mt. Dew. I can’t tell the difference between the regular Dew and the diet Dew.
  • Razboo
    Razboo Posts: 439 Member
    At the end of the day, a Mt. Dew is pretty low on the list of bad things to be addicted to. If you can stay on track and have one once in a while, I would go for it. I wouldn't skimp on healthy eating just so you have room for one, but otherwise... why not?
  • fessler
    fessler Posts: 23
    Not good to deprive yourself...so you don't go off the wagon later. I would say put it in the middle of the day, though, if you know you will have the calories. The simple sugars are not processed as well at night.
  • julieofthewolves
    julieofthewolves Posts: 339 Member
    Well, I shouldn't comment here because I am not a soda pop junkie. But I will anyway. My dentists office has a poster titled "Sip all day get tooth decay" and listed the sugar and acid content of pop. It was pretty horrifying how low the acid is (low = bad). The diet sodas had less sugar and even lower acid ratings.

So, I guess you have to chose your weapon. But I would suggest trying to get yourself to become a junkie of something not so harmful to your fabulous whites!
  • Mashee
    Mashee Posts: 9 Member
    You can drink all the soda you like but that means you will have to eat less because you will lose the kcal on soda.. Its your call but you can include it in you diet so you wont have to give it you.. Im crazy bout chocolate and icecream myself and I eat it all the time and lose weight by doing that so what does that tell you..
  • apaden4
    apaden4 Posts: 137 Member
    Just remember - calories are not the only thing mt. dew has in it - it is loaded with sugar! So if you are not watching your sugar intake, I say drink up! but if you are, I would consider trying the diet version.
    Just my 2 cents =)
  • cardgrl
    cardgrl Posts: 175 Member
    Definitely not! Drink up! I think you cut back so much that one Mt Dew to reward yourself isn't bad at all. My father drinks Diet Mt Dew because he is diabetic, but be careful because it can be addicting and soda isn't good for you. My dad probably drinks at least a 6-pack of it a day. It has no nutritional value and dehydrates your body. I have to have a little bag of chips once in a while, because chips were my vice...
    Keep up with the good work!
This discussion has been closed.