pedometer

Laine
Laine Posts: 82 Member
I have a question for you all. I have been wearing a pedometer almost everyday (just more to obsess with) and was wondering if it is a valid calorie log. By the end of somedays it says I have burned more than 300 calories. It is mostly work walking (not aerobic at all) and includes my dog walk. I feel like I'm cheating if I log it and haven't broken a sweat! What do you think?

Replies

• Laine
    I have a question for you all. I have been wearing a pedometer almost everyday (just more to obsess with) and was wondering if it is a valid calorie log. By the end of somedays it says I have burned more than 300 calories. It is mostly work walking (not aerobic at all) and includes my dog walk. I feel like I'm cheating if I log it and haven't broken a sweat! What do you think?
  • auntkaren
    auntkaren Posts: 1,490 Member
    Good question, I have wondered about them myself. Will see what others have to say.:smile:
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    I have done it both ways. If you are considering your work day walking think about what your activity level is set at. If it is set at sedentary then I would go ahead and use them. If however you are set at a higher level of activity I would only consider aerobic walks like when you take your dog out.
  • Laine
    Thanks for the input!
  • neome90
    neome90 Posts: 420
    Hey, thanks for the question because I was curious about that myself !:wink:
  • jill5677
    jill5677 Posts: 56 Member
    The calories you are allotted each day, does figure in a certain amount of calories burned based on your activity level. Even if it is sedentary - it still figures calories burned based on walking and whatnot.

Sooooo.... my answer would be that unless you are planning on changing your activitiy level, I wouldn't count those calories, unless you are going above your activity level.

:)
  • Laine
    Thanks that all makes sense. I didn't think of that!