Calorie Intake

Options
highway48
highway48 Posts: 9
edited November 2023 in Food and Nutrition
For the suggested calorie intake, should i try to get as close to that as possible or should i try to avoid getting close. i rarely ever eat breakfast, so i am just wondering if i need to start eating it to get close to my target. any help would be great

Replies

• highway48
    Options
    For the suggested calorie intake, should i try to get as close to that as possible or should i try to avoid getting close. i rarely ever eat breakfast, so i am just wondering if i need to start eating it to get close to my target. any help would be great
  • Kbrain228
    Options
    Well from my experience on this forum most people have told me to get as close as possible to your calorie goal! For example my goal is 1200 calories a day. When I asked a similar question and I let them know that I was only consuming 800 calories a day they very quickly let me know that my body could go into starvation mode! So I took everyones advice and now I'm eating right around my 1200 calories! Someone else told me that if you don't consume enough calories that it starts eating away at your muscle! Any who good luck to you and hang in there it only gets easier (I think)! :)
  • julieofthewolves
    julieofthewolves Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    And eat breakfast!!! Your metabolism doesn't kick into "burn" mode until you have eaten something. Just eat something to start your day. There are many days I have to force myself too, but it works.
  • time2wrk
    time2wrk Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    I have even been going a little bit over a couple days a week and it has been fine, but I have also been exercising really hard. I am not sure if that makes a difference.

Just remember, FAST isn't the goal. Slow and steady is a good thing. It was hard for me to eat breakfast in the beginning, but now my body wants it and I have lost a total of 12.5 pounds, so it works. :-)
  • Loretta_Jo
    Loretta_Jo Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    There was a time when I was eating a little over 800 calories a day and losing nothing. My body HAD gone into starvation mode. I upped the calories to 1200 and the pounds started dropping off again.
    Also remember our metabolism is that fire that burns those calories that we put in our bodies and like any fire if we don’t keep it fed it is going to burn out and not do a good job like we need it to. I eat small meals every 3 to 4 hours to keep my metabolism up.
    Just remember we have to eat to lose (sounds odd though doesn’t it lol) and
    make sure you eat your breakfast….it’s the most important meal of the day.
  • highway48
    Options
    I'm excited about this... i have never had to diet before because i always had super high metabolism... just started catching up to me last year and i can tell a diffence, hoping to lose 25 pounds by February 13th
  • Razboo
    Razboo Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    My calorie estimates, based on my input when I signed up, were too low. I was losing, but losing slowly and was really 'dragging *kitten*' every day. Could barely get out of bed the last few days.

So I figured I must be more active than I was giving myself credit for and resubmitted my goals, and ended up with a caloric target of a few hundered more. Since targeting that, I seem to be losing twice as fast and I feel 100 times better.

So, shoot for your target, but listen to your body. I knew that kind of fatigue had nothing to do with a healthy diet or lifestyle.
  • pamelawh
    pamelawh Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    listen to loretta, she knows what she is talking about.
This discussion has been closed.