shakeology/brazilian butt lift

anyone know anything about shakeology or the brazilian butt lift program?? thought about trying it but i want to see some opinions before i buy it. :)

Replies

• kristenn1989
    kristenn1989 Posts: 223 Member
    I've never actually tried shakeology personally but I've done the turbofire workouts from beachbody. I just can't justify the price tag for shakeology when I can get the protein boost I want from something just as good but lots cheaper. Just my opinion.
  • amicklin
    amicklin Posts: 452
    I use the Brazil Butt Lift and I enjoy it! It's nothing too difficult, decently light but effective. I also use the Shakeology; it IS expensive but it has helped with alot of things better than many other different things I have tried.

Give both of them a shot for yourself. What works for me may not quite work for you! I do really like them both though :)
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    I wouldn't waste your money on Shakeology. You can get pretty much the same benefit from either a varied, nutritious diet or simple multivitamins. If you want a nutritious meal replacement shake, make your own using protein powder, fruits, and vegetables in the blender.
  • hmm, thank you all for your replys! i am unsure of what i will do yet..
    on a plus note, it says it is refunable if i am not happy with my purchase
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    I wouldn't waste your money on Shakeology. You can get pretty much the same benefit from either a varied, nutritious diet or simple multivitamins. If you want a nutritious meal replacement shake, make your own using protein powder, fruits, and vegetables in the blender.

OP: Take the above advice, it's solid.
  • I've been on Shakeology for 7 months now. You can't possibly fit all the nutrients you get from Shakeology in a protein shake made at home. Yes, it is expensive but when you look down to it, all the nutrients & benefits you get from it are worth it. Shakeology has done wonders for me. It help me break through a fitness plateau, it's given me more energy & it also replaces FIVE servings of vegetables. You can't beat that. Sure it cost about 4.00$ for a Shake.. but think about the nutrient density! It's LOADED with healthy ingredients. I used to drink coffee all the time to help me with the mid-day slump.. but I don't need that anymore! I'm always full of energy & ready to go. I strongly recommend at least trying it! & if you're not happy, you can easily send it back for a full refund!

PS: I recommend the Vegan Tropical Strawberry or Chocolate Shakeology :)
  • I laughed the first time I saw the infomercial!! The guy calls himself "The Butt-Master"........Im sorry to anyone who thinks this guy is amazing.......but couldn't he have come up with something else other than "The Butt-Master"? Makes him sound like he's a 5 year old with underpants on his head calling himself a superhero........LOL!!
  • Wendi_S
    Wendi_S Posts: 489 Member
    anyone know anything about shakeology or the brazilian butt lift program?? thought about trying it but i want to see some opinions before i buy it. :)

Beware- By mentioning Shakeology you will now be bombarded with Beachbody coach messages and friend requests!!
  • Krys_T
    Krys_T Posts: 1,406 Member
    I've been on Shakeology for 7 months now. You can't possibly fit all the nutrients you get from Shakeology in a protein shake made at home. Yes, it is expensive but when you look down to it, all the nutrients & benefits you get from it are worth it. Shakeology has done wonders for me. It help me break through a fitness plateau, it's given me more energy & it also replaces FIVE servings of vegetables. You can't beat that. Sure it cost about 4.00$ for a Shake.. but think about the nutrient density! It's LOADED with healthy ingredients. I used to drink coffee all the time to help me with the mid-day slump.. but I don't need that anymore! I'm always full of energy & ready to go. I strongly recommend at least trying it! & if you're not happy, you can easily send it back for a full refund!

Couldn't have said it better myself. You will never be able to put ALL the ingredients in a shake at home. But I will tell anyone to try it for themselves because it is all about how your body receives it just like anything else. I couldn't drink regular protein shakes or meal replacements, so it worked for me. But everyone's body is different and so it everyone's bank account. :)
  • alecta337
    alecta337 Posts: 622 Member
    Shakeology - I don't know anything about it except that you pee out most vitamins that you take, because most people get them naturally from their diet and most stuff from pills just gets excreted. It seems like a ripoff.

BBL - search the forums. I have personally done 2 other replies about it, its fun. Do it
  • acpgranberg
    acpgranberg Posts: 137 Member
    I've just started the brazilian butt lift and I'm enjoying it. There is a lot more lunges than I anticipated. Lots and lots of lunges. However, they are varied to keep things interesting. The instructor is kind of entertaining. I can't really tell whether he will start to get annoying by the end of this program. I'm doing the four-weeks right now and I'm on my fourth day. The meal plan is pretty good but he suggests too few calories. 1,000 for women and 1,200 for men. I don't know any guy who could eat that low. I am doing the 1,200 meal plan with a an extra snack thrown in.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,452 Member
    The workout program is fine to do, but save your money on shakeology. You're over paying for a shake that is based on MLM plan and the majority of MLM's benefit the people who "sponsor" you.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,452 Member
    I've been on Shakeology for 7 months now. You can't possibly fit all the nutrients you get from Shakeology in a protein shake made at home. Yes, it is expensive but when you look down to it, all the nutrients & benefits you get from it are worth it. Shakeology has done wonders for me. It help me break through a fitness plateau, it's given me more energy & it also replaces FIVE servings of vegetables. You can't beat that. Sure it cost about 4.00$ for a Shake.. but think about the nutrient density! It's LOADED with healthy ingredients. I used to drink coffee all the time to help me with the mid-day slump.. but I don't need that anymore! I'm always full of energy & ready to go. I strongly recommend at least trying it! & if you're not happy, you can easily send it back for a full refund!

The percentage of extra "nutrients" in shakeology are minute. Don't buy into the ingredients labeling compared to how much actual percentage of those nutrients are needed to make a healthy impact.
    That said, if it's working for you then by all means keep doing it. But I strongly believe (and science as well) that for that same 120 dollars a month, you can get much better nutrition through whole foods and supplemental protein shakes.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • thank you all for replying!!
    i think i will go ahead and order it today because i really have nothing to loose.. if im not happy with it, i will return it for a full refund. :)
  • funkycamper
    funkycamper Posts: 998 Member

Confused. Why not just eat the 5 servings of vegetables? They would be more filling, contain more fiber, and probably just as many vitamins. And probably cheaper, too.
  • irishasian05
    irishasian05 Posts: 26 Member
    I just ordered the Brazilian Butt Lift program, but unfortunately, the supermodel add-on came first. I did the Rio Extreme workout and it nearly killed me...I'm looking forward to getting the first dvds tomorrow so that i can start at a normal person's rate. It seems fun, though, and I'm pretty committed to it now.
  • BBL is a fantastic program just look up some some results. As far as Shakeology goes, people really shouldn't make definitive comments about if you don't what your talking about.