Wii users

For those of you who workout using the wii console what do you do? I am considering buying one. Any suggestions are appreciated! thanks

Replies

• aprilgicker
    aprilgicker Posts: 395 Member
    I love to dance so I have Just Dance 3 it has a points tracker.
  • 81Kyra
    81Kyra Posts: 115
    I have Biggest loser for the Wii, I like it a lot. The pauses are annoying sometimes but I just keep doing the last exercise til the new one starts.
  • Lambiii
    Lambiii Posts: 321
    I have Biggest loser for the Wii, I like it a lot. The pauses are annoying sometimes but I just keep doing the last exercise til the new one starts.

I have this too! I love it!!
  • LittleMissNerdy
    LittleMissNerdy Posts: 792 Member
    I have the Wii Fit Plus!
  • misscaligreen
    misscaligreen Posts: 819 Member
    eeek! Dancing is not my thing! I dance like a very intoxicated Barney the purple dinosaur! Thanks for replying! Are there any others that are not dance?
  • Stinalynn121
    Stinalynn121 Posts: 42 Member
    If you don't like dancing, I would try wii fit, biggest loser, or jillian michaels, they are all more traditional exercise instead of being dancing based :flowerforyou:
  • LittleMissNerdy
    The Wii Fit Plus isn't a dancing game. It was yoga, strength and cardio. They make everything into a game though which makes it more fun.
  • misscaligreen
    misscaligreen Posts: 819 Member
    thanks for the suggestions everyone! :flowerforyou:
  • LittleMissNerdy
    You're welcome! :D
  • I do Wii sports boxing a lot! LOVE IT. Also just dance and Wii Fit however the Wii fit told me I exceed it's weight limit so I have to get a Wii fit plus
  • dorktaped
    dorktaped Posts: 15 Member
    I mainly use my Wii as entertainment while I work out. I have Mario Kart Wii and play it while I'm on the stationary bike. I've found that I pedal faster when I'm behind. :D I really like Wii Fit Plus and it's good for the mornings I don't want to work that hard. My aunt has the EA Active for the Wii and said it's intense. I haven't been brave enough to try it yet.
  • Laner07
    Laner07 Posts: 100 Member
    Just Dance, Zumba, Wii Fit, Wii Sports. . . . all of those really get you moving. I haven't tried The Biggest Loser but I hear that it's a really good one too.
  • Laner07
    Laner07 Posts: 100 Member
    I mainly use my Wii as entertainment while I work out. I have Mario Kart Wii and play it while I'm on the stationary bike. I've found that I pedal faster when I'm behind. :D

That is an awesome idea! I am trying that tonight!
  • ConnieB1979
    ConnieB1979 Posts: 239 Member
    Zumba is by far my favorite, I have the personal trainer and the biggest loser challenge also..... The zumba is fun tho it makes you forget that its a workout. lol
  • Kandygirl
    Kandygirl Posts: 249 Member
    i use the wii active workout. they are more strength training. i love it. i get a good workout and my arms are really starting to tone again from the weights and such.
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    I use EA Active 2 for the Wii. Has a variety of exercises (lunges, pushups, soccer and basketball "skills", step aerobics, etc). It has a set program you can do, plus you can create your own custom plan.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Exerbeat is fun. They have Boxing, Karate, Pilates, Yoga, and yes ....Dance (Hip Hop & Latin) .... not my thing either. Love the Barney imagery .... I can relate.

With Exerbeat you have to "earn" longer workouts thru points. Initially it's slow, after a bit, it's fun.

Walk It Out! Not a big calorie burner, but it's very addictive. I can paly this game for hours (silly!) Basically you walk around an island, your steps earn points for music, houses, bridges, etc ..... anyway the goal is to "build" the entire island from the ground up. Instructions are poor, so if this looks interesting to you, look up a discussion thread on Amazon Walk It Out forum ... "Unoffical FAQ Guide for WIO"
  • princeza9
    princeza9 Posts: 337 Member
    I love the Just Dance games! I also do Wii Fit Plus a lot. I couldn't get into the Zumba or the Gold's Gym Dance, though the reviews of Zumba 2 have me interested. I'm also looking into getting Exerbeat.
  • talrcat
    talrcat Posts: 97 Member
    "Walk it out" for the wii is really addictive. You walk to the beat of the music, accrue points and use the points to populate your island with streetlights, bridges, buildings, as well as finding special capsules that will make a rainbow over your island or light up astrological star signs in the sky.
  • NikohlMariee
    NikohlMariee Posts: 30 Member
    Wii Fit Plus
    Just dance 2&3
    and My Fitness Trainer.

I ♥ the Wii :)