Victorious Victoria Fitness Challenge April 2

Good Morning all. The temp has dipped once again-65 yesterday and 34 today. I am sooo ready for spring to be here.

I didi Hip Hop Abs Total Body Burn again today and will hit the Bowflex later for some upper body work.

Happy Hump Day!:drinker:

Replies

• JulieB21
    JulieB21 Posts: 492
    Good Morning all. The temp has dipped once again-65 yesterday and 34 today. I am sooo ready for spring to be here.

I didi Hip Hop Abs Total Body Burn again today and will hit the Bowflex later for some upper body work.

Happy Hump Day!:drinker:
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Another great day, right?

HRM update #4:
    So I did an hour of yoga yesterday - Rodney Yee's Total Body Workout. This video is somewhere between beginner and intermediate. The first 40 minutes are standing poses, followed by 20 minutes of floor stretches. The first 40 minutes I burned 200 calories (so 300/hour), the last 20 was 60 calories (180/hour - which is what mfp says). So if your yoga is mostly standing poses, I would count it as a little more than mfp says.

For those that are interested in renting/buying the dvd - there are 2 hard poses in it: full backbend and jumping into the down of a tricep push up (arms in close to the body, hands in-line with the chest). If you try to do these right off the bat, you'll probably never do yoga again :laugh: These are what got my heart rate close to 80%. I feel that any exercise should be judged on perceived effort. If yoga is really hard for you, count it for more calories, if it's easy, count it for fewer. That's my 2 cents.

I also did 1 hour on the elliptical. Today is weight training:bigsmile:
  • Good Morning everyone... today I will do my 45 mins of intense aerobics... or at least as intense as the tapes that I currently own... am looking into getting some tapes that will really kick my butt and get my heart rate up... also today I am doing my core workout... which takes between 20 and 30 mins depending on when I get to the point that I just can't do anymore... after I workout it's back to spring cleaning... I have been doing a little everyday so that by this weekend It will be all done and I can relax and enjoy my mom's visit...

Well Have a Great Day everyone... Talk to ya'll tomorrow

Jenn
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Hi all! I ordered my HRM yesterday, so I feel like a kid waiting for Santa!

Today I'm going to try a new yoga dvd. (Namaste w/ Kate Potter) I've been tivo-ing it, and I'm sick of waiting while I fast forward. They're short, but feel very restorative.

Also, the sun is out, so I'll try to go for a walk. In between recording grades (ewwww....)

Happy Wednesday.:flowerforyou:

Pssst, Mary, is this the backbend? (in the Rodney Yee DVD. . .we should start a fan club)

http://rootyoga.net/myPictures/backbend (2).JPG
  • vicky1
    vicky1 Posts: 236
    Up early this morning an adout with the dog so got a brisk walk for about an hour thats about it today other than an hour on DDR and housework I feel like I haven't stopped since last friday so took an hour out and read a book this affy.

Intensive day tomorrow 40 mins on the elliptical tomorrow first thing then if it is dry I will cut the grass:grumble: and clean out the guinea pigs and walk the dogs and get to the shops at some point early night tonight I think just got get through a basket full of ironing.

Hope everyone has a good one
    :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    Hey all -- love hearing the HRM reports, Mary. I've been curious about calories burned for Rodney's class.

Today:

1. Walked for 40 minutes, just did 20 minutes of a "Men's Fitness" power sculpt routine. Loved it.
    2. About to take my vitamins and drink my tea.
    3. Still need to stretch, and I'm hoping to also get in a swim.
    4. Going to eat mindfully and slowly.