Hip-Hip-Hooray!!!

Ok I am sitting down in my size 10 "goal jeans"!!!!! When I started, I couldn't get them past my chubby knees. Then, they were mid-thigh. Last week, I could get them up but no amount of sucking it in, lying flat on the bed, gravity, etc. could get these jeans zipped up. TONIGHT THEY ARE ON AND ZIPPED UP AND LOOK FABULOUS!

Have a great evening, all!!!

Replies

• time2wrk
    time2wrk Posts: 773 Member
    Ok I am sitting down in my size 10 "goal jeans"!!!!! When I started, I couldn't get them past my chubby knees. Then, they were mid-thigh. Last week, I could get them up but no amount of sucking it in, lying flat on the bed, gravity, etc. could get these jeans zipped up. TONIGHT THEY ARE ON AND ZIPPED UP AND LOOK FABULOUS!

Have a great evening, all!!!
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Go time2wrk!!!!

Doesn't it feel awesome??!!
  • Congrats!
  • time2wrk
    It feels great!! My teenage boys are looking at me like I am a crazy fool bcause I am jumping around the house in my new-fitting jeans, but my husband is very happy and supportive! (I just stick my tongue out at the boys, ha!!!) I can't wait, next Tuesday my girlfriend and I are going shopping so I can buy some new clothes!!!

It makes avoiding the drive-thru at the local Dairy Queen sooooo worth it!!!
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    LOL!!

Have an awesome time shopping!
  • aslavich
    aslavich Posts: 250 Member
    Good Job time2wrk!

That's my immediate goal too!!! Just to get out of these size 12's... Oh just the thought...
  • neverbeenskinny
    neverbeenskinny Posts: 446 Member
    Congratulations!!!!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,907 Member
    Nicely Done!

So, you're not leaving us, are you? Did you make goal already?!?

cm
  • Razboo
    Razboo Posts: 439 Member
    Congratulations! *You* did that! :)
  • julieofthewolves
    julieofthewolves Posts: 339 Member
    Way to go! I am thrilled for you and this has energized me to try harder.
  • time2wrk
    cmriverside - No, not at my goal weight yet, so I am sticking around. I have a ways to go. This was my first big milepost. It's funny, because when I couldn't get the pants past my knees I thought, wow, will I ever???

I have about 14 more pounds to go - maybe. I would like to weigh around 150, but my doctor said that may be a little low, so I will re-evaluate after another 9 and see. She thinks 155 might be more reasonable, and I am not dead-set on any one weight. I just remembered that when I used to weigh that 150, I looked good and felt STRONG, so if I feel great at 155 or even a little more and my cholesterol comes down and my BP is down, I would be happy with that.

Thanks for all the pats on the backs, folks! :-)
  • apaden4
    apaden4 Posts: 137 Member
    That is so awesome! I am so happy for you! Congrats =)
  • CMJ1979
    CMJ1979 Posts: 42
    Congrats, that is wonderful news. I need to go through my old clothes and find something in a smaller size so I have a goal. I hope to get down to an X-Large, thats my first goal. I'm in 3X at the moment. I have a pair of PJs I got from my uncle for Christmas and they are soo nice and comfy looking, but they don't fit. So that's going to be my goal clothes. I'm going to wait until after Christmas before I go try it on though.

Once again congrats and keep up the good work.
  • cardgrl
    cardgrl Posts: 175 Member
    Wow! Congratulations! I can't WAIT until I am a size 10. I am gonna do some SERIOUS shopping then!
  • Loretta_Jo
    Loretta_Jo Posts: 609 Member
    CONGRATULATIONS!!
    What an AWESOME AWESOME feeling it is to fit into those smaller sizes.
    I went from a size 30 jeans to a size 8 and 3X T-shirt to a small. I love Love LOVE to go shopping now.
    Once again Congratulations and have a Wonderful time shopping.
    Loretta
  • rraitt
    rraitt Posts: 23
    Hi Loretta_jo
    im Regina aka new memeber lol
    i was wondering if you went from sz 30 to 8 just on low cal?
    Im doing the low cal. lifestyle and would love to hear that it works THAT well...... I have lost 9 lbs in a little under 2 wks??
    thanks for the info....
    regina
  • Najah5150
    Najah5150 Posts: 170
    CONGRATS!! Keep up the good work! I can't wait to fit NICELY into my size 12's again. I look forward to the day....
  • kimford28
    kimford28 Posts: 320
    THAT'S GRRRRRREAT! Nice work!!!
  • pamelawh
    pamelawh Posts: 162 Member
    congrats! on your goal. that is an accomplishment and i know it has to feel good, maybe even a bit emotional. keep up the good work.
  • Loretta_Jo
    Loretta_Jo Posts: 609 Member
    Hi Regina,
    Yes that is how I did it. Just counted calories….around 1200 a day. No surgery to lose the weight either. One thing that helped the most is I wrote down every thing that went in my mouth….and I still do that to this day. That is the only way I can really keep up with how many calories I have eaten and make sure I don’t gain it back. The key to weight loss success is to keep a log of everything you eat or drink. If you bite it write it. The food log here is great…I love it.
    Good Luck,
    Loretta