68lb lost so far (with pics)

Options
Hi All,

I have waited a long time before posting any pictures myself. I was inspired by others but it took me some time to build up my confidence. I am not finished on my journey yet but I feel so proud of what I have achieved so far!

I saw the picture on Facebook my other half had posted, it was the first time I had ever actually seen myself- and I was shocked. So in September 2011 I made a decision and have never looked back. I realised it was down to simple choices, and from that moment on I decided no more junk or rubbish food. Initially I struggled at the gym, feeling very self conscious (I now realise nobody is looking at you, they are too focused on their own workout!) and for the first three- four months only used the treadmill to walk on. I now set myself goals (I recently achieved the 5K run and am now working towards 10K)

I have a personal trainer session every ten days- two weeks. I have found the support, variation to routine and knowledge on nutrition exceptional. MFP is used everyday, at first it helped me control portion size as I learned how I used to over-eat. Now I feel satisfied as I track my calorie intake each day.

In the first pic I am 235lb and in the second (taken this week) down to 167lb. I was a size 24, now my trousers are size 14 and my top is a 12- I am so chuffed!

photo1-summer2011235lb.jpg

photo9Feb167lb.jpg

Replies

• 1234567kate9
    Options
    you look AMAZING :)
    congratulations on this accomplishment!
  • craignev
    craignev Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Fantastic success. Well done.
  • sab0834
    sab0834 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    you look awesome! I am looking to lose at least 60 lbs and it pretty much all spurred from the same kind of motivation. People would always tell me I look fine but pictures never lie. I wish you all the luck in your journey and congrats on how far you have already come!
  • tangiesharp
    tangiesharp Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    WOW, WOW, WOW!! Really awesome work. Congrats on your success!
  • kris4chloe
    kris4chloe Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    congrats!
  • alise_lmx
    alise_lmx Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Good job!! You look great! And you look a lot younger in the 2nd picture! Congrats :smile:
  • MogwaisGrandma
    MogwaisGrandma Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    You look fabulous and you are beaming with that smile.

I am also after 60 or so lbs so I hope I look as good as you when I get there.
  • veromancha
    veromancha Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Your a completely different person!! :smile:
  • tweetsmom
    tweetsmom Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    You look awesome! You are glowing from your accomplishment! Congrats!
  • gatorpdx
    Options
    Wow looking great! Thanks for posting.. I find these posts so inspirational.
  • Phat2Thin
    Options
    Congrats! I have just started my journey with 7lbs down, and stories like yours are motivating.
  • jjblogs
    jjblogs Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Outstanding job! WTG!
  • ryansgram
    ryansgram Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Wow great job.
  • umyron
    umyron Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Wow, good job
  • Gemini_1980
    Gemini_1980 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Looking Good!
  • CeeBond
    CeeBond Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Fantastic-- Good for you!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,943 Member
    Options
    Chuffed must be a good thing. You look fantastic. Congrats.
  • Nica_LosN_It
    Nica_LosN_It Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!!!
  • bdtyson77302
    bdtyson77302 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    YOU LOOK GORGEOUS!! Way to go! Your hard work shows, girl!! The difference is amazing. Congratulations!!
  • Icandoit66
    Icandoit66 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    You are a real inspiration! Keep up the good work....you look great!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!