I know I'm a nerd, because...

Replies

• hapoo100
    hapoo100 Posts: 940 Member
    Thinkgeek.com was awesome!!!

I have a Christmas list for myself, my hubby, and 2 of my children after visiting that site. THANKS!

^^this...thanks for sharing
  • ericalynn104
    ericalynn104 Posts: 382 Member
    BBT is amazing! The writers are geniuses!

I know I'm a nerd because I am a grammar nazi. I can't stand the people who txt lyk ths! It makes me want to cry.. "People cry because they're sad. For example, I cry because other are stupid and that makes me sad."

Last week, I corrected my teacher's improper use of a semi colon on my mid-term. 0:-)

I love that you correct your teachers. I always tell my son,

"Your teachers are wrong, I am right!"

Hahaha!! Love it!!
  • Kilter
    Kilter Posts: 188 Member
    I went for a 25km run today and as soon as I came home I uploaded the run to my computer so that I could check out the data. (http://connect.garmin.com/activity/152906009).

I still play D&D and regularly have discussions about which version is better (I'm still leaning towards 2.0 just because I still remember all the damned rules).

I play WoW (less during training season) and raised my 19 year old daughter well enough that she also plays it and kicks my *kitten*.

I bought my rather pregnant girlfriend a t-shirt with the Intel logo on the belly that says "geek inside". (thinkgeek.com)

I bought my unborn son a small bib saying "zombie snack" with an arrow pointing up :) (thinkgeek.com)

Name selection for the unborn son has been constrained somewhat because I noticed that his brother and sisters all have first names that start with letters that are prime numbers after conversion. This may not fly with the girlfriend though, but she's been reasonably supportive so far.

I understand binary.

I've been looking forward to my next birthday JUST so I can say I'm 42.
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Let's see...I was @ birthday party last night and someone had some really bad gas...my comment:

It's like walking into Mordor...where the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume.

My shame was great...
  • VeganPanda
    VeganPanda Posts: 582 Member
    It is my personal mission to solve the Rubik's Cube as fast as I possibly can.

I get giddy about organizing my books.

I love calculus.

My arm is sore from swinging the Wii remote in Skyward Sword.
  • hapoo100
    Let's see...I was @ birthday party last night and someone had some really bad gas...my comment:

It's like walking into Mordor...where the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume.

My shame was great...

replace the word "shame" with "humor"
    made me :laugh:
  • pumalama
    pumalama Posts: 140 Member
    I drink coffee out of a beaker mug. Very handy to measure [coffee:milk] (v/v) or to make oatmeal

When people ask my age, I sometimes answer that I am 24 years old in base 15
  • I kind of think that the jokes on The Big Bang Theory are written about me. (Oompa loompa of science here!) That makes me either a huge nerd or a bit delusional with ideas of grandiose...

But I have the vim commands on my coffee mug and desktop is the place where all my terminal shortcuts live so... that's that!
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    I LOVE science.
  • Love Love Love Big Bang Theory
  • hapoo100

I love calculus.

im nerd to the bone but still have never finished a Rubik's cube (without peeling off the stickers), what's your best time?
  • VeganPanda
    VeganPanda Posts: 582 Member

I love calculus.

im nerd to the bone but still have never finished a Rubik's cube (without peeling off the stickers), what's your best time?

Six minutes :(

That kid who does it in 6 seconds is my idol.

Oh, and do you know the algorithms? That makes it quick once you get those down.
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    In the early 90's my hobby was hacking. When I finally convinced the CPA firm I worked for to get email and Internet, they asked me to set it up (our LAN administrator didn't know anything about the Internet, in fact, he had us on a Token Ring network). But my name wasn't on the list (managers and above only). Anyway, it is always easier to hack something you set up in the first place, I had Internet at work.
  • hapoo100
    I didnt know about them, however, I'm learning them now....i :heart: google
  • jerzygrl5k
    jerzygrl5k Posts: 13 Member
    -I DVR Big Bang Theory, new and repeat episodes.
    -I almost kissed my IT guy when he gave me a new laptop whit Auto-cad on it.
    -My kids get all their toys from the museum store
    -I have and wear a shirt that says "Would you like some Pi?"
    -I discuss quantum physics with my friend who is a math major
    -I have my MA in CLINICAL psychology (not the talking kind)
    -I own a pocket protector, they are useful
    -I can destroy in Jeopardy and trivial pursuit
  • Chicketi
    Chicketi Posts: 10 Member
    I'm currently reading a biochem text book for "leisure"
    I own the three major gaming systems (Xbox, PS3 and Wii)
    I am addicted to Skyrim
    I have all the Zelda games

And just to top it all off...
    I'm a graduate student in biochem and biomedical sciences
  • chocciechip
    chocciechip Posts: 207 Member
    is it geeky if a big night is when my flatmate and I order chinese and pick which episode from the borg collectors set we'll watch?

a regular night is just working our way through whichever season of voyager/deep space nine/ tng (and the odd episode of original series) or star gate...

also geeks riddle me this - who else is sad that firefly was cancelled after one season?! I bloody loved that, cowboys and aliens perfect match in my mind!
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    I married an electrical engineer. We are teaching our 7 and 3 year old how to build on a breadboard. Our dog's name was Tesla. I love love love the big bang theory.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    I like how watching big bang theory makes people a nerd...
  • ArtsyLaurie
    ArtsyLaurie Posts: 39 Member
    My college requires all students to have Mac laptops (or an equivalent PC laptop) of certain minimum specs depending on the degree. I'm an Illustration major, but just had to get the Digital Media spec gear because it was the best of all the requirements. Also got the Wacom Intuos4 wireless drawing pad and Adobe Creative Suite 5 for school too... ---> Gear Nerd much? lol!

I have a windows desktop, my 15" Macbook Pro, a Wii (with WiiFit), a Nintendo DS (with Walking Trainer game), and may still have some old game systems packed away somewhere. I was a Computer repair tech in the Army several years ago.

Boyfriend is also a nerd, going to school for Electrical Engineering & was a MI Analyst in the Army. He's pretty awesome!