• Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    grapes makes my mount a bit weird :sad:
    Wait... what?
  • kandeelopez
    kandeelopez Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Suck it up and exercise your self discipline. Every time the urge to snack hits you, remind yourself of your goal.

I second this! This is merely habit that you have formed. A bad one. Substitute it with movement or just doing nothing but enjoying 30 min or an hour of rest. At first it is hard, but with time and discipline, you will form a better habit.

Kandee
    http://kandeelopez.blogspot.com/
  • Sl1ghtly
    Sl1ghtly Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Suck it up and exercise your self discipline. Every time the urge to snack hits you, remind yourself of your goal.

I second this! This is merely habit that you have formed. A bad one. Substitute it with movement or just doing nothing but enjoying 30 min or an hour of rest. At first it is hard, but with time and discipline, you will form a better habit.

Kandee
    http://kandeelopez.blogspot.com/

..or self-flagellation. Ya know, what ever works for you.
  • 99clmsntgr
    99clmsntgr Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Watch it while you're on the treadmill or the elliptical? Kind of hard to watch, eat AND exercise at the same time! Not only would you be eliminating the snacking, you'd be burning away calories, too.
  • jskaggs1971
    jskaggs1971 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I either plan for it, so I have some extra calories to spare, or I go with the "drink something instead" option. Black coffee, flavored water, and Coke Zero are the things I reach for when I'm feeling munchy, but don't want to eat.
  • Amazon_Who
    Amazon_Who Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    An apple and/or 30 pistachios (roasted, unsalted in the shell).
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    This.
  • Chevitz
    Options
    I either plan for it, so I have some extra calories to spare, or I go with the "drink something instead" option. Black coffee, flavored water, and Coke Zero are the things I reach for when I'm feeling munchy, but don't want to eat.

^Same here ^
    I either plan for it with my daily calorie consumption or I will have some Diet Pepsi which takes the craving away for me. If I'm craving something sweet (usually I crave salt - chips, etc) I will have a mug of low-cal hot chocolate made with 95% water, 5% milk.