What's your biggest dream in life?

1235»

Replies

• jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    To get my son out of the house! He is 25, and going to hair school, so at least he is working towards something but it took him seven years (as an adult) of refusing school,(who refuses a college education paid for by parents? My son!) and working menial low paying jobs before he finally came crawling home (again) admitting that he can't make it unless he learns a skill. So I suggested hair school and he is doing well.

But he is a slob, eats me out of house and home, and argues about the dumbest things, like taking out the trash. In fact, if the trash is full, he will "balance" his trash on top of the trash, instead of just taking it out!

Ok, rant over.

Hmmmm....sounds like somebody I know (my baby brother). Regarding the sloppiness and not changing out the trash bag, I mean. I used to share a house with him and another brother of ours (I have three brothers), and this used to be one of my biggest pet peeves. If it's full, it's full. Change the full bag for a new one. It's not difficult, and it only takes about 30 seconds. Aaaarrrrggghhh!!!! :explode: :grumble: Another pet peeve was when I would go and clean the kitchen really good. It would be spotless. I'd come back an hour later, and it would be a disaster again. I'd be like, "What on earth...?!!" He'd say, "Yeah, sorry about that. I'll clean in up in a bit. I was hungry so I fixed myself some lunch (or dinner...)." Did he ever clean it up? Well, sort of. His idea of cleaning up was to dump all his dirty dishes and pans into the sink and sweep the crumbs off the counter onto the floor. :angry: :explode: :grumble:
  • EDesq
    EDesq Posts: 1,527 Member
    Please don't let it be "lose weight", admirable as that may be for a dream :)

Me, my biggest dream is to have a family. I can't wait to have kids some day, to enjoy life with them, see them grow and show them how much fun the world can be!! It's my absolutely biggest dream.

To be Totally Healthy, pain free, to have My financial needs and some desires met, to continue to age gracefully, continue to grow/learn/love as a Human Being, and to have companionship, friendship and be of service/value to others. Everything else will take care of itself. This is a HUGH Dream!
  • atsteele
    atsteele Posts: 1,359 Member
    Not sure if these are the biggest but definitely dreams that I'm working towards:

1. qualify and run in Boston Marathon
    2. obtain my black belt and teach Tae Kwon Do
    3. find a lucrative job that allows me to still be at home when my kids are home from school
  • faiga
    faiga Posts: 47
    run a marathon; live in a big house and own lots of horses
  • burg1801
    burg1801 Posts: 124
    To get my son out of the house! He is 25, and going to hair school, so at least he is working towards something but it took him seven years (as an adult) of refusing school,(who refuses a college education paid for by parents? My son!) and working menial low paying jobs before he finally came crawling home (again) admitting that he can't make it unless he learns a skill. So I suggested hair school and he is doing well.

But he is a slob, eats me out of house and home, and argues about the dumbest things, like taking out the trash. In fact, if the trash is full, he will "balance" his trash on top of the trash, instead of just taking it out!

Ok, rant over.

I'm sorry but LOL! +1
  • To marry the one that I've waited my whole life for. :heart:

ME ME pick me!!!
  • KatKatatrophic
    KatKatatrophic Posts: 448 Member
    To be famous :)
  • Own my own business.
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    The american dream. I want to own a beautiful home! And maybe have a kid or two. That's undecided!
  • nickyfm
    nickyfm Posts: 1,214 Member
    To marry the love of my life (haven't found him yet), have 3 kids and travel :)
  • To be the best mother possible to my future children. My husband is in a medical school, and by the time we try for children he will be in residency. I hope that, even though their dad will have a demanding career, we can give them all the love, nurturing, and attention that they deserve.
  • Sageyoku
    Sageyoku Posts: 77 Member

Ok, rant over.

Wow! Sounds JUST like my cousin!
    Idk your whole situation, but dang, I'd be tempted to kick his *kitten* to the curb.
    That'd teach what life is like if he's unwilling to work. Ultimate Reality Check haha.
  • To become a nurse in NICU for premature babies. :)
  • To own a Shelby Super Snake
  • HerBravado
    HerBravado Posts: 392 Member
    To find a career that I love doing.
    Whether I make a lot of money from it or not.
    Well,
    I need to make some money;
    I've got student loans to pay back. x__x;

Second dream is to live in NYC !
  • MaryEffingPoppins
    MaryEffingPoppins Posts: 371 Member
    For my children to grow up educated, accomplished, poised and respectful. For them to have a loving, beautiful family and great careers. I want them to be successful and great parents!
  • raevynn
    raevynn Posts: 666 Member
    To live somewhere in a tropical zone, like Ecuador or Belize, maybe Panama... grow all sorts of tropical fruit, and have a lovely home filled with books...

oh, and go on a nice vacation each year, too. To interesting places, like Australian, New Zealand, England, ....
  • alise_lmx
    alise_lmx Posts: 292 Member
    short-term- pass the CPA exam

long-term- cheesy, but I just want to maintain my good marriage and raise our son and be happy. my husband and i have been through so much the last few years, that I've realized that nothing else really matters to me as long as I have those 2 in my life. anything else is just a bonus.

I'm such a dork!!!!!!