its says im not eating enough but im eating all the time

Replies

• ericas
    ericas Posts: 17
    its says im not eating enough but im eating all the time
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Short answer:

if it says you're not eating enough, you're not eating enough.

Try incorporating more high-calorie foods, such as nuts or avocados.
  • ericas
    ericas Posts: 17
    okay im a little new at this and didnt know how accurate it was thank you
  • hold on, when i signed up it told me to eat 3000 calories a day when i input my exercise.

you need to make your own custom goals..

if you want to lose weight stay to a 1100- 1500cal per day diet.

I prefer minimal carb and high protein with exercise 5 times a week.

******** just in case you were following the profile!
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    oooh, 1100-1500? not for everyone. It depends on your height, weight, age, gender and goal! My settings are at 1300 plus excercise calories. So I eat about 1250-1700 cals a day depending on how much I excercise. If you tell us you stats (height, weight etc.) and what it's telling you to consume, we can tell you if there's been a mistake somewhere.
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    hold on, when i signed up it told me to eat 3000 calories a day when i input my exercise.

Whoa! Hold on there capt'n. How do you know how much she should eat?

Ericas, viv and I have both been doing this a long time (and we have both suceeded at our goals), and I agree with her, unless you have a medical condition, you should follow the site. Sometimes it doesn't give you all the facts, but it will never be completely wrong. If you follow the site and it isn't working for you, post here and we will try to help you tweak your plan, I.E. if your really close to maintenance weight, 2 lbs a week loss almost never works...etc. Things like that.

read this post please:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/9614-newbies-please-read-me
  • sr2000
    sr2000 Posts: 230 Member
    Your entire body, organs, skin, mind etc is so much more happy and more efficient when you are eating a healthy balanced diet with adequate calories. Please don't do a major dive and cut your food intake to a dangerously low level. This will only hurt you in the long run. There are very few people who really should only have 1200 cals a day, especially if your exercising. And I'm pretty sure that almost no one should ever be on a reduction of calories that goes below 1200 daily. My body NEEDS 1400 just to function while sitting on the couch, add in normal daily activities and exercise and my body NEEDS more, so I end up consuming about 1600-2000 daily depending how hard and long I workout.
  • hold on, when i signed up it told me to eat 3000 calories a day when i input my exercise.

Whoa! Hold on there capt'n. How do you know how much she should eat?

Ericas, viv and I have both been doing this a long time (and we have both suceeded at our goals), and I agree with her, unless you have a medical condition, you should follow the site. Sometimes it doesn't give you all the facts, but it will never be completely wrong. If you follow the site and it isn't working for you, post here and we will try to help you tweak your plan, I.E. if your really close to maintenance weight, 2 lbs a week loss almost never works...etc. Things like that.

read this post please:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/9614-newbies-please-read-me

I dont i was just making a point as to not follow what the initial calorie system is.

everyone can relax
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member

I dont i was just making a point as to not follow what the initial calorie system is.

everyone can relax

Oh, ok, I thought you were telling her to eat between 1100 and 1500. LOL! sorry for that.
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    It sure sounded like you were telling her to stay to a 1100- 1500cal per day diet in order to lose weight.

~Joanna:flowerforyou:
  • MontanaGirl
    MontanaGirl Posts: 1,251 Member

Yeah that pretty much says to stay at that level of calories.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,905 Member
    For ashlauren:

Please be careful when deciding how much to eat. I always eat a basic 1400 caloires PLUS if I exercise 700 calories, then I am to eat 2100. If I go below that, my weight loss stops. Period.

For all New members, educate yourselves. Please be cautious in taking advice from someone who has not lost any weight by using the recommended formula provided here on myfitnesspal.

There are many posts here from people who have spent the time necessary to lose the weight and keep it off.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/6556-the-answers-to-the-questions?page=1

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/777-why-is-starvation-mode-so-bad

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/6832-eating-all-of-your-calories-bmr?page=1#posts-47129

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/8199-off-to-a-slow-start-actually-still-at-starting-gate

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/6737-true-confessions-from-a-slow-learner

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/9007-bmr-ma-because-of-the-answers-to-the-questions

I have more.........:wink: Good luck!
  • i have obviously upset everyone! i didnt mean too

theres no need to worry too much but Its nice that everyone is caring.

I don't come on here very often, wrote a quick comment and was also trying to help someone.

Everyone can look after themselves i'm sure!

as you can read i was telling the person what i do, and yes, i believe eating that many calories you will lose weight, I have lost a total of 13 pounds in 6 weeks, i am healthy and i eat what i want..and no its not a big issue. make your own decisions, follow what you want to follow.

so can everyone relax now please???!!!?

ok..everyone have a good day and forget about shooting me down for posting a reply on a discussion board!

i wont write anything again just to avoid this drama!..

thanks! :smile: :smile: :smile:
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,905 Member
    hold on, when i signed up it told me to eat 3000 calories a day when i input my exercise.

This is what you wrote. We don't agree. Healthy debate is good. Please don't stop posting: we just try to state our beliefs as well. Your take on what she should do - and I quote- "if you want to lose weight stay to a 1100-1500 per day diet," is not good advice.

We want everyone to educate themselves as much as they can from different sources. Not just one person's opinion. We will continue to state our opinions. Not drama.

Knowledge is power.

Cheryl

This is what you wrote. We don't agree. Healthy debate is good. Please don't stop posting: we just try to state our beliefs as well. Your take on what she should do - and I quote- "if you want to lose weight stay to a 1100-1500 per day diet," is not good advice.

We want everyone to educate themselves as much as they can from different sources. Not just one person's opinion. We will continue to state our opinions. Not drama.

Knowledge is power.

Cheryl

are you serious, please just give it up, i get it.
  • I have a question!
    When it says to drink 8 cups of water a day, does it mean 8 CUPS, or 8 GLASSES? BIGGG difference!
  • MontanaGirl
    MontanaGirl Posts: 1,251 Member
    I have a question!
    When it says to drink 8 cups of water a day, does it mean 8 CUPS, or 8 GLASSES? BIGGG difference!

Big difference!!! It's 8 - 8 oz cups. A regular drinking glass is about 16 oz, give or take, a juice glass is about 8 oz. You can also get one of those water bottles with the ounces marked off - 64 fl oz is the goal.
  • WOO! awesome! Thank you!!