Red Face

During and up to about 2 hours after my workout my face is extremley red. I'm fair skinned and it looks like I've been in the July sun at the beach for a whole day but after a shower and a couple of hours it tones down. I recently bought a Life Fitness watch/heart rate monitor. Does anyone know if these are pretty accurate? I'm sure my face being red is due to my heart rate right? I'm wondering if I may be over-doing it. I'm not quite sure if I'm doing too much and if I can monitor myself with this style heart rate monitor.

Replies

• ToLoveMe
    ToLoveMe Posts: 16
    During and up to about 2 hours after my workout my face is extremley red. I'm fair skinned and it looks like I've been in the July sun at the beach for a whole day but after a shower and a couple of hours it tones down. I recently bought a Life Fitness watch/heart rate monitor. Does anyone know if these are pretty accurate? I'm sure my face being red is due to my heart rate right? I'm wondering if I may be over-doing it. I'm not quite sure if I'm doing too much and if I can monitor myself with this style heart rate monitor.
  • Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    My faces gets really red while and after I workout as well. To the point where I have people asking me if I'm okay. I am perfectly fine, I just look like a tomato. I also blush very easily too.
    I'm not sure about your heart rate monitor. Maybe someone else can answer that one.
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    What type of exercise are you doing? If you set up your monitor per the instructions and you are within your range you should not worry about it. I am just guessing, not an expert. When I push myself, especially if I run at a faster pace I also get "red". My complexion is dark and I can still see it. I love it, it is a natural glow from the exercise. It is the blood flowing through your body. :flowerforyou:
  • One of the reasons the blood rushes to the skin is to transfer the heat. Its a normal thing but of course everyones precise physiology is differant so like Mireille when your blood rushes to the skin it might be more noticable than for other people.

However blood pressure is anouther reason you might turn red. If it was blood pressure related there would be other symptoms besides a red face, like dizziness or seeing spots.

I think its more likely to be your body lossing heat. Do you drink plenty of water? and during excersie do you notice alot of sweat? Red faced and dry maybe lack of water.

Just my thoughts

Al
  • emtink
    emtink Posts: 387 Member
    i'm like mireille, i turn red really easily. i wouldn't worry about it, assuming you feel ok. i think its just my genes, my whole family is this way. we turn red when we're laughing, yelling, running, just about anything:blushing:
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    That's normal for lots of people. Just like how some people blush over everything and others never do. DOn't worry about it.
  • ToLoveMe
    ToLoveMe Posts: 16
    Thanks guys! It's good to know I'm normal. LOL
  • LightenUp_Caro
    LightenUp_Caro Posts: 572 Member
    I have the same problem.
    I'm extremely fair and my face turns bright red.
    I also sweat a whole lot and sometimes I get dizzy...but not terribly.
    People are always asking me if I'm okay ha.