weightloss drugs

at work today this guy told me about a pill that he swears works to lose weight. It is called Clenbuterol Hydrchloride. I did some research on the net and yes it does say it will help you lose weight, what worried me is the US does not allow it but all other countries do, but on the other hand the US does not allow Diane 35 ( a birthcontrol/acne medicine) and I take that with no consequences for my skin and as a birth control.what I'm wondering is if any one else has heard of this, and/or has tried it.

Replies

• at work today this guy told me about a pill that he swears works to lose weight. It is called Clenbuterol Hydrchloride. I did some research on the net and yes it does say it will help you lose weight, what worried me is the US does not allow it but all other countries do, but on the other hand the US does not allow Diane 35 ( a birthcontrol/acne medicine) and I take that with no consequences for my skin and as a birth control.what I'm wondering is if any one else has heard of this, and/or has tried it.
  • Isabelle
    Isabelle Posts: 102
    I think you should not touch those things. If it really works, and if you don't die of it (because some people died because of those kinds of drugs), you can be sure to take back the weight after you stop using them. I think you should get good eating habits (and use this site to help you) and do exercices. THAT'S THE ONLY GOOD WAY! I can tell you tha I've lost 12 pounds in less than 2 months on this site. Please! Don't hurt yourself! There is no miracle to obtein what you want!
  • time2wrk
    time2wrk Posts: 773 Member
    I have found that when I use weight loss drugs, I don't feel well. I am either shaky, irritiable, headachy, jittery - not to mention what putting foreign substances might do to your body. Go for slow and steady and feeling good.
  • ahertel0214
    ahertel0214 Posts: 244 Member
    I agree with the others - it may SEEM to help for a little while but you can't take them forever & they'll screw up your metabolism. Who knows what kind of long term damage they do - you never know. One day 40 years from now they'll discover that these kinds of things cause cancer or something crazy like that. Don't do it!

Do it the safe & healthy way!

Stick with the MFP program - you'll see the results!
  • pamelawh
    pamelawh Posts: 162 Member
    i agree with the majority on not taking them. the one thing that fat burners don't do is teach you to eat lean. people look for a pill that will burn off fat. i don't think there is a substitute other than eating lean and exercise.
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    I don't like to quote Oprah, but once on her show she said: "If there was a pill, don't you think I'd have it?" She's a go-zillionaire, and for her, too it's careful eating and exercise.

There's no long term substitute for good old fashioned reduced calories and exercise. A pill might help short term, but as soon as you stop taking it, the weight comes back, sometimes more than before!
  • Im with evryone else here. If it isn't FDA approved and in a natural state, I have learned that it is NOT GOOD FOR YOU. I have taken every pill from slimfast to Trimspa and NONE of them worked, they just made me sick, headachey and nervous. The ONLY thing I take now is ALLI, which is just a fat blocker and it's the only FDA approved one on the market. If you want a little help with losing fat then look into Alli...it is $39.95 for a bottle and the book is, I believe, around $13.00 or something... well worth it. I take it when I can remember (u take with food) and it helps to block like 20% of the fat intake... it's awesome and works very well, but you have to take it faithful, 3 times a day with each meal (not with snacks) and do not take more then reccomended. (just fyi) I hope this info helped you!
    Good luck to you on your weight loss journey...
  • nancym
    nancym Posts: 49
    From wikipedia
    ...Clenbuterol is a β2 adrenergic agonist with some similarities to ephedrine, but its effects are more potent and longer-lasting as a stimulant and thermogenic drug. It causes an increase in aerobic capacity, CNS stimulation, and an increase in blood pressure and oxygen transportation. ...
    Recently clenbuterol has been touted as a weight loss drug and in some countries is prescribed as a bronchodilator for asthma patients...
    ...Its ability to induce weight gain and a greater proportion of muscle to fat makes its illegal use in livestock popular...
    ...In September 2006 over 330 people in Shanghai were reported to have been poisoned by eating pork contaminated by Clenbuterol that had been fed to the animals to keep their meat lean...
    ...Having brought this out, let me say that when I trained race horses for many years, we use a form of "bute" on horses as a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory to reduce inflammation, ease pain and it could weight gain or loss, among other side effects.
    Now considering this, are you willing to take the chance of damaging joints and brain cells only to find out that it caused weight gain instead of weight loss. I have seen plenty of people in the barn area (called the backside of the track) taking handfuls of bute and other drugs and some were fat and remained fat.
    Anytime we deal with unapproved medications we take the chance of getting "drugs", sometimes being sold, and are unapproved for good reason and sometimes out of date. Out of date drugs will start to deteriorate/decompose and change their chemical makeup. This could be bad.
    It could damage your bronchial
    We all know what resulted with Ephedrine. "Bad, very bad"
    Down the road this friend you have that suggested this drug may have health problems related to this drug. Is it worth it for a quick fix? Saying no doesn't always stop someone from taking a drug illegally. Have you gone to jail lately?
    I started going to my family physician and with her bent ear and a growing support group of medical professionals and this site, I am losing weight slowly and steadily. I am, at 53, learning to eat right and eat the right foods. Drugs don't teach us how to eat properly and with control. The old saying goes that we didn't gain our weight and eating habits over night and they don't go away overnight so take time and get support, don't rely on drugs, illegal drugs at that.
    Good luck. We love ya here and we will support you all we can. Keep coming here, keep asking questions and keep that chin up.
    nancym