Victorious Victoria Fitness Challenge April 4

I decided to get up and kick the world in the butt today! It's only 7:30 and I've already exercised for an hour & done all of my regular morning chores. Gonna shower & dress & head out for groceries.

TGIF:drinker:

Replies

• JulieB21
    JulieB21 Posts: 492
    I decided to get up and kick the world in the butt today! It's only 7:30 and I've already exercised for an hour & done all of my regular morning chores. Gonna shower & dress & head out for groceries.

TGIF:drinker:
  • My goodness Julie... You really are ambitious this morning... I was up early too but not that early... did my workout and now I have some house cleaning to do before my mom gets here this afternoon... also have to run back to the laundry mat... I left last night and forgot my fav rug from the bathroom... it's fluffy and yellow and shaped like a duck... I am such a girl... lol... anyways...
    Have a great weekend...
    Jenn
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Yea!, Friday.

Off to Dallas today - probably no internet access tomorrow.

Yesterday I did the BL low impact and walked an hour. I couldn't resist finishing "Rescue Dawn".

HRM update #6:
    The BL low impact burned 209 calories in 26 minutes for me. With an average of 141 and 167 max. More lunges, he really likes lunges.

I still find it hard to believe that if I average the same HR, I burn the same calories no matter what I do. So I can do something comfortable like walking for 26 minutes with an steady average of 141, or do something uncomfortable like the BL low impact workout, where there are spikes in HR, but the same average. Just a thought.

Weird body update: my butt is shrinking (all those lunges, right?), but I don't want it to go away too much. I kind of like my poofy butt. Maybe all these lunges will keep it from falling as I age?
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Today is a light walk and yoga. While wearing my new HRM (F11). It came yesterday, and the UPS guy thought I was a nut. I actually applauded and jumped up and down when I realized what he had.

Am I weird if I want to wear it all the time?:flowerforyou:

I'm hoping my BL DVDs come today.

Mary, I've also had "butt issues". Mine is coming back now that I've added the elliptical (at high incline) and squats back in. Some. It's where I lose weight first.

Also, it's snowing. What the. . .?! Ugh. Yesterday I was walking around in a light jacket. Spring? Where are you?
  • ariannedavis
    ariannedavis Posts: 520 Member
    O.k. so I tried the body for life cardio program. It's 20 min with 3x1 min at level 9 (rate of exertion) and one at level 10. I burned as many calories in twenty minutes as 30-35 min normally burns. I'm not sure I pushed as hard as I'm supposed to, so I look forward to burning even more!

Funny thing is while it kicked my butt for those 20 min, I feel like I should do it a couple more times.
  • wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    Good Morning!

Things are going really well and I'm feeling so good lately! I haven't been weighing myself but I'm just generally feeling stronger and I have TONS of energy. Oh and I got my first "have you lost weight?" compliment the other day from my...uh...hmmm...booty call friend...not sure what else to call him...LOL. Anyway, he's a personal trainer so I'm taking it as a big compliment, especially since he's seen all the jiggly bits in the harsh light of bedroom day.

Is that TMI this early in the morning??

Anyway. The update:

Yesterday I got in a quick swim, and today I biked for an hour already and did a round of situps and pushups, then a vigorous house cleaning, inspired by Julie!

Took my vitamins, stretched, drinking my green tea now.
  • vicky1
    vicky1 Posts: 236
    Last day of the school holidays so took advantage of that and stayed in bed an extra hour really needed it.

Spent 2 hours gardening mowing and weeding then some hoovering then we had disaster the new mario kart game that we have had on preorder for ages the company we have the order with cant supply anymore and no one is taking preorders my son was in tears so we placed an order with a local store who reckon they will be able to satisfy (yeh right heard it before) so bought one on ebay should have next fri for release or maybe the mon can't do anymore (didnt cancel my local preorder I figure if I do get I will just stick on ebay and make a couple of quid can't beat em join em)

Anyway because of this extra trip out didn't get out for a walk with the dogs they had to make do with the kids playing ball with them. We did treat them to a new ball while we were out we are getting another dog next summer (the kennels have a long waiting list) it will be a rough collie and she will be called Misty the kids wanted to get a present to put away and then felt bad about the other dogs so they got new balls and have played for about an hour chasing them happily

Have a good weekend everybody