Ladies that are losing 2lbs/week, what is your secret?

Replies

• Kerri_is_so_very
    Kerri_is_so_very Posts: 1,005 Member
    I've lost 12 lbs in 3 weeks, so I have a 4/week avg right now. I did cycle one of the 17day diet and I'm now on to c2, but not as religious about it (like I was with cycle 1). I'm set to about 1200-1300 calories/day. I basically eat whole foods only. Maybe a little lite taco cheese or some ff salad dressing, but if it doesn't have one word ingredients (eggs, spinach, orange, apple etc) I don't eat it. I can mix stuff up to make other stuff (spinach, mushroom and egg omelet for example), but everything is simple whole foods. I mix up my work outs with treadmill time, zumba and just dance (Wii). Working out 4-6 times/week. I'm going to start some nautilus soon. I think it is really important to mix up your work outs to confuse your muscles/body. Drink your 8 glasses/day of water and be accountable for your cheating. A long term average for me is about 2 lbs a week (cycle 1 really jump started my loss this time). Previously though, I lost 22 lbs over a 10 week period. Now if someone can tell me how to get over that wall once it shows up I'll be in business! LOL
  • tracimichelle213
    tracimichelle213 Posts: 26 Member
    Bump! Thanks for all the great info!
  • SolidGoaled
    SolidGoaled Posts: 504 Member
    Wow, thanks everyone! Very interesting. and inspiring!
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    the secret to losing 2 lbs per week: having a lot to lose.
  • Kerri_is_so_very
    Kerri_is_so_very Posts: 1,005 Member
    the secret to losing 2 lbs per wekk: having a lot to lose.

^^^^ yes that!!!! I don't have a 20 lb loss....I have much more. I'm guessing the smaller you are the more difficult it would be to have a regular 2lb/week loss
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    http://www.fourhourworkweek.com/blog/2007/04/06/how-to-lose-20-lbs-of-fat-in-30-days-without-doing-any-exercise/
    Rule #1: Avoid “white” carbohydrates

Avoid any carbohydrate that is — or can be — white. The following foods are thus prohibited, except for within 1.5 hours of finishing a resistance-training workout of at least 20 minutes in length: bread, rice, cereal, potatoes, pasta, and fried food with breading. If you avoid eating anything white, you’ll be safe.

Rule #2: Eat the same few meals over and over again

The most successful dieters, regardless of whether their goal is muscle gain or fat loss, eat the same few meals over and over again. Mix and match, constructing each meal with one from each of the three following groups:

Proteins:
    Egg whites with one whole egg for flavor
    Chicken breast or thigh
    Grass-fed organic beef
    Pork

Legumes:
    Lentils
    Black beans
    Pinto beans

Vegetables:
    Spinach
    Asparagus
    Peas
    Mixed vegetables

Eat as much as you like of the above food items

What is a successful dieter? Someone who successfully loses weight? I know lots of these people. They are fat, then thin, then fat, then thin. They are really good at dieting.

I'd rather be a successful maintainer.

In contrast to "successful dieter", consider "healthful individual", a person who lives a healthful lifestyle, maintains a healthy weight, body fat percentage and good to athletic fitness level.

I'd go out on a limb and say that "successful maintainers" eat a wide variety of meals and do not restrict themselves to the same things over and over again.

EDIT: HOLY SMOKES, I just noticed this article is how to lose fat WITHOUT doing any exercise. hahahahahahahahaha. (oh, sorry, but ha).

blessings.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    I am...

I'm doing seemingly almost everything in the book wrong though :blushing:

I don't eat whatever my heart wants, I'm only eating what I/my body now LOVES and CRAVES

fresh organic fruits and veggies
    I NEVER eat all of my exercise calories, ever--if I do eat my exercise calories, it's just a few I ALWAYS have tons of left over cals hardly ever eat 1200 calories per day (especially when you consider my "NET" calories for the day)
    I don't do anything crazy or extreme in exercises, just 30 minutes on my treadmill, 30 minutes on my full body bike , 5 minutes on my stepper and my Ab chair and sometimes my rowing machine (5 or 10 minutes on these)

I try to go outside EVERYDAY to walk, and I now walk to the store instead of driving all the time. I try to walk outside at least an hour or more everyday (unless weather prohibits me). My treadmll walks are not frantic, nor do I try to get my heart-rate up on any of the exercises yet, I do work-up a ferocious and serious FAT CRYING session (sweating) each time , but even then--it's moderate exercises nothing extreme at all. My walks are gingerly, pleasurable and fun--nothing intense.

I'm NEVER ever hungry throughout the day...NEVER! My stomach is constantly satisfied.

I stopped eating dairy, meats (lamb, chicken, fish, beef, pork, lamb) and only eat certain fish (Wild Salmon and poll/troll caught Tuna. I stopped eating junk foods and processed foods/sweets. I do get a glutten free pizza every other week and Chinese food sometmes too.

I get at LEAST 8 hours sleep per night

I drink a boat load of water (about 12 cups per day)--I replaced water drinking instead of pop, store bought juice, coffee and sugary fattening/unhealthy empty calories drinks.

Lastly, I'm just following daily what God tells me to eat, drink, think and do (instead of depending on the experts--Thank GOD for the experts, I'm just not depending on them :wink: and the pounds are melting off of me like butter in the sun. The inches are decreasing at a miraculous rate. I'm seeing beautiful muscles in my arms legs and my "hate handles are quickly vanishing. My cravings for my former addictions and gluttonous ways have vanished, replace by wholesome yummy stuff that before January 20th 2012 I thought was food for rabbits or strange folks.

So...like I said, I'm doing everything wrong in the book--but looking, feeling more and more fabulous everyday. Expending more calories than I'm taking in, exercising moderately, getting lots of good sleep, eating and drinking, thinking, living really healthy.

Oh...I'm also losing weight too quickly :laugh:(as the experts say) I've lost 18 pounds in a month and 14 days/Since January 20th, 2012 and went from a size 20 jeans to a size 14/16 in that time too. Go figure! I'm giving God the Glory/credit...cause I couldn't do this apart from Him--Period!

Remember...everyone is dfferent and like real life--one size does not/will not fit all. See my Food/Exercise dairy for the kinda stuff I'm doing/eating daily if you care to.
  • meeulk
    meeulk Posts: 246 Member
    great advice!
  • lisakyle_11
    lisakyle_11 Posts: 420 Member
    the secret to losing 2 lbs per week: having a lot to lose.

^this.
  • Gwenski
    Gwenski Posts: 348 Member
    I lost 23.2 pounds in 11 weeks, so just over 2 pounds per week. I average 1429 calories per day, and during that time I averaged exercise of 162 calories per day. I was in terrible shape when I started, and am still very large.. but I notice I'm getting more fit almost daily. Haven't weighed in for the last 2 1/2 weeks.. am exercising more now, and am eating just a smidge more I think.. I don't know.. I just seem to be used to it. Wish I would have measured my legs to start with.. they seem to be the part that is getting smaller fastest.
  • One more thing - not sure if anyone posted this or not.....get a food scale to weigh your food, and a good set of measuring cups. Don't guess....weigh everything!
  • Jess11079
    Jess11079 Posts: 26
    I am...

I'm doing seemingly almost everything in the book wrong though :blushing:

I don't eat whatever my heart wants, I'm only eating what I/my body now LOVES and CRAVES

fresh organic fruits and veggies
    I NEVER eat all of my exercise calories, ever--if I do eat my exercise calories, it's just a few I ALWAYS have tons of left over cals hardly ever eat 1200 calories per day (especially when you consider my "NET" calories for the day)
    I don't do anything crazy or extreme in exercises, just 30 minutes on my treadmill, 30 minutes on my full body bike , 5 minutes on my stepper and my Ab chair and sometimes my rowing machine (5 or 10 minutes on these)

I try to go outside EVERYDAY to walk, and I now walk to the store instead of driving all the time. I try to walk outside at least an hour or more everyday (unless weather prohibits me). My treadmll walks are not frantic, nor do I try to get my heart-rate up on any of the exercises yet, I do work-up a ferocious and serious FAT CRYING session (sweating) each time , but even then--it's moderate exercises nothing extreme at all. My walks are gingerly, pleasurable and fun--nothing intense.

I'm NEVER ever hungry throughout the day...NEVER! My stomach is constantly satisfied.

I stopped eating dairy, meats (lamb, chicken, fish, beef, pork, lamb) and only eat certain fish (Wild Salmon and poll/troll caught Tuna. I stopped eating junk foods and processed foods/sweets. I do get a glutten free pizza every other week and Chinese food sometmes too.

I get at LEAST 8 hours sleep per night

I drink a boat load of water (about 12 cups per day)--I replaced water drinking instead of pop, store bought juice, coffee and sugary fattening/unhealthy empty calories drinks.

Lastly, I'm just following daily what God tells me to eat, drink, think and do (instead of depending on the experts--Thank GOD for the experts, I'm just not depending on them :wink: and the pounds are melting off of me like butter in the sun. The inches are decreasing at a miraculous rate. I'm seeing beautiful muscles in my arms legs and my "hate handles are quickly vanishing. My cravings for my former addictions and gluttonous ways have vanished, replace by wholesome yummy stuff that before January 20th 2012 I thought was food for rabbits or strange folks.

So...like I said, I'm doing everything wrong in the book--but looking, feeling more and more fabulous everyday. Expending more calories than I'm taking in, exercising moderately, getting lots of good sleep, eating and drinking, thinking, living really healthy.

Oh...I'm also losing weight too quickly :laugh:(as the experts say) I've lost 18 pounds in a month and 14 days/Since January 20th, 2012 and went from a size 20 jeans to a size 14/16 in that time too. Go figure! I'm giving God the Glory/credit...cause I couldn't do this apart from Him--Period!

Remember...everyone is dfferent and like real life--one size does not/will not fit all. See my Food/Exercise dairy for the kinda stuff I'm doing/eating daily if you care to.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE what you said! It really frustrates me when people try to tell you what is right for your body....You know your body better then anyone and i believe we each know what is the ebest route to take to be successful in this lifestyle change. Im not about following any specific rule either and its working great for me. AMEN to you!
  • Lozze
    Lozze Posts: 1,917 Member
    the secret to losing 2 lbs per wekk: having a lot to lose.

Pretty much. I wouldn't have lost this quick if I was smaller.

I eat 1600 calories daily. I eat back my exercise calories. I walk for 30 min 5 times a week. (ironically my weight loss has stagnated since I've started 'working out') I drink 2-3L a day. I play sport. I have one little cheat per day. I have a cheat meal once a week. I eat tons of fruit and veggie. I do Jenny Craig.

You need to find what will work long term for you. There are things here that would have me still fat and miserable because I wouldn't have kept to them. But they worked for that power.

LifeStyle4 if God has allowed you this weight loss why was he do cruel to let you be 140lbs overweight? What made him change his mind and let you be healthy?
  • brookepenni
    brookepenni Posts: 787 Member
    The ones that are losing 2 lbs a week are you eating your exercise calories back?

No I havent - and some sessions (like a 10km run) I burn around 700 calories. If I decide to have a glass of wine that night with dinner I will eat into my exercise calories, but I certainly dont set out to eat them all each day.

It hasnt hindered my loss (other than when I went overseas for holidays I have never had a gain) and the fuel for your workout theory is lost on me too - since I still have the energy to run 10kms 2-3 times a week....

I am 5 foot 1 and still about 5kgs off my goal. I keep expecting it to stall - but it hasnt yet!
  • You can take a look at my food journal
  • Rays_Wife
    Rays_Wife Posts: 1,173 Member
    I have no secrets to a steady weight loss....here is what I do though, lol. I have been averaging 2.5 pounds a week since I started this over two months ago. I have lost weight every week.

-I basically eat what I want, I just try to make good choices, portion control and stay within my calorie range. I try to eat a balanced diet. I allow myself treats but that is after I make sure I get my fruits, veggies, and proteins in first. I am by no means a "clean" eater. I eat some processed and packaged food. I'm working on it though.

-I get my butt to the gym and workout 5x a week an hour a day. I do at least 30 min. cardio (not including warm up and cool down), and I alternate days I do upper and lower body for strength training. I do a mixture of free weights and weight machines. I make sure I am not doing the same exact work outs every day, I change it up frequently.

-I eat back most of my exercise cals (like 80% of them). If I am hungry, I eat. If not, I don't. I eat anywhere from 1600-1900 cals on exercise days, 1430 cals on my rest days.

- I drink lots of water.

-I make sure I get enough sleep (6-8 hours)

- I try and keep a positive attitude and surround myself with positive people.

And there you have it. Pretty simple!

edited to add my food diary is public if you'd like to take a look.
  • babygurl48
    babygurl48 Posts: 1,236 Member
    bump!!!
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    i eat on average 1600 calories a day but i unintentionally cycle it since some days i wont be hungry at all and barely eat 1000 calories :blushing: and other days i'll be ravished and will eat 2200. but i am trying very hard to make it so that the days im not hungry i'm at least eating 1300 calories.

i dont weight my food or anything and i pretty much eat anything i want. i do make sure to have a large spinach salad with at least 2 meals. i eat more protein than MFP says i should, i drink lots of water. i also have gluten allergies so i can't eat of of my trigger foods anyway.

i usually have a cheat meal once a week unless i know i'm eating something all week that cheating. for instance this week i bought a bag of coconut m&m's. I have them in the freezer and every now and then i grab a few. i've been too lazy to add them to the days total, so i think ill just add the entire bag as part of my meal on saturday since i will be done with the bag by then.

exercise wise, i work out 6 days a week averaging anywhere from 45-70 minutes a day. i aim to burn around 1000 calories for the longer sessions. i lift heavy weights 3 days a week, i do running/sprinting HIIT 5 times a week for at least 15 minutes and i'll also supplement that with 20-30 minutes of more moderate cardio (rowing machine, walking, water aerobics).

in total i've only lost 17 pounds but someone who i havent seen since december thought i lost 30, and that's because i'm using lots of inches
  • Rays_Wife
    Rays_Wife Posts: 1,173 Member
    I'd also like to mention that nobody really loses exactly 2 pounds every week. The body loses weight on it's own schedule. What matters is the pattern of weight loss over time. Some weeks I've lost 4 or even 5 pounds. Then other weeks I've lost 0.8 pounds, 1 pound, 1.5 pounds, 2.6 pounds....you get the drift. But when I averaged all my losses out, it is equal to 2.6 pounds a week. I am losing that fast because I am still very large. The smaller you are, the smaller the losses become. I know my weight loss will slow down the closer I get to goal and I am fine with that.
  • No White {potatoes,sugar,flour}
    eat 6x a day
    exercise 4-6 days a week 30min cardio w/ 5-15min weights
    H20!!! {8-12 glasses a day}
    Sleep {try to get at least 6 hrs/try for 8}
    eat combination of food groups at every meal/snack {protein/carb/fat} breakfast, {fruit/protein} snack, {protein/veg/fat} lunch,
    {fruit/veg} snack, {protein/veg/carb} dinner, {fruit/fat} late snack