"TLFC" exercise and accountability support!

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,454 Member
    Hello all, so this is my first day reporting off, so here it goes...I have the week off from weight lifting because I will start my new workout on Sunday.

Cardio: 35 min Hill setting on the tread mill Level 15...Run during hill part up to incline of 11.3 walk at the 5.5 incline. Then 30 in on arc....incline 20 resistance 28...then of course lots of stretching as I like to be bendable:-)

Strength: Ab ripperX

Assessment: Pretty good day actually...not enough calories but that never happens so really not concerned.

Have an amazing day all!
    Good enough! So are you holding on to the treadmill handles when you do this? If you are, then back the level down where you can do it with no hands. I say this because holding on reduces actual resistance by up to 40%. Other than that, keep posting!!
  • ninerbuff
    Hey, welcome to the new posters! Glad to see you!! Here's the report from my Michigan two-day snowboarding trip:

I AM SO STOKED! Two perfect days of stoked snowboarding. I made TONS of progression. The mountain was amazing...I went from barely completing a green dot course on a 300 vert feet to regularly perfect runs on a 485 vert feet....I know it doesn't sound like a lot, but to a beginner that's huge. I even took my first jib on a box...and did a perfect boardslide TWICE. I originally convinced myself that I would need a lesson to really even attempt it, but I didn't want to go home not even trying. I just made up my mind to do it, since jibbing and hitting rails and boxes and jumps is ultimately what I want to do with my snowboarding....so to have a perfect season cap like that made ALL of this so worth it. I shredded SO hard for two days straight. I put so much work into it, but got that much more progression our of my riding. I wanted it bad, and I accomplished what I set out to do.

I am SO stoked about that. Perfect way to end my season. Time to finally rest, recover, heal and get ready for my June 5K...Back in the gym when the swelling goes down in my hip......
    Glad you had a great time and great finish to you season! Let's get ready for your next endeavor!
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang

I like myself unconditionally!

Happy Humpday! Couple of clients this morning and TKO tonight. Had a really good workout yesterday and looking forward to hitting my back workout this morning.

Cardio: walk/jog- 3 mi (400 calories)

Strength:back- pullups, t-bar rows, seated cable rows, straight arm pressdowns. 12,10,8,6 increasing weight each set.

Assessment: Little water retention, so I need to drink a little more today to offset it.
  • Hello all, so this is my first day reporting off, so here it goes...I have the week off from weight lifting because I will start my new workout on Sunday.

Cardio: 35 min Hill setting on the tread mill Level 15...Run during hill part up to incline of 11.3 walk at the 5.5 incline. Then 30 in on arc....incline 20 resistance 28...then of course lots of stretching as I like to be bendable:-)

Strength: Ab ripperX

Assessment: Pretty good day actually...not enough calories but that never happens so really not concerned.

Have an amazing day all!
    Good enough! So are you holding on to the treadmill handles when you do this? If you are, then back the level down where you can do it with no hands. I say this because holding on reduces actual resistance by up to 40%. Other than that, keep posting!!
    Lol..no I am not, can't hold and run:-)
  • spartacus69
    spartacus69 Posts: 235
    I eked out 100 pushups (4x25) and 100 sit-ups (4x25) this evening. That's all I could get my mind around today, as earlier I had to call 911 for a co-worker who nearly passed out during our weekly staff meeting; her heart was racing, skin tone was literally gray; many other symptoms. Scary stuff!

My nutrition was rushed and macros were way off, but total calories were not over by too much.
  • ninerbuff
    I eked out 100 pushups (4x25) and 100 sit-ups (4x25) this evening. That's all I could get my mind around today, as earlier I had to call 911 for a co-worker who nearly passed out during our weekly staff meeting; her heart was racing, skin tone was literally gray; many other symptoms. Scary stuff!

My nutrition was rushed and macros were way off, but total calories were not over by too much.
    Dang! Brings stuff to perspective about health and life.
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang

Happy Thursday! Last TKO class for this 6 week session! I start up another on again in a couple of weeks. What's great is since I've instituted the program in my gym, I now have a waiting list of people who want in! Both my morning and evening classes are already fully booked.
    Just have TKO, a client and the Volleyball team tonight.

Cardio:jog/walk- 3 miles (500 calories)

Strength:chest- incline bench, Hammer bench, dips, seated flyes. 12,10,8,6 increasing weight each set.

Assessment:I was really good yesterday and so weight is down a little.
  • spartacus69

Absolutely! She was released and they are awaiting blood test results; apparently it was not a heart attack or stroke, thankfully.

By the way Niner, what's TKO? Congrats on the success!

Also, now that you are cutting, are you just reducing calories across the board, or are you also adjusting your macro ratios?

Today was higher-rep, lower weight, total body strength day.

Sets of 18, 15, 12, 10 and 8, increasing weight each set, but with less than I do on other strength days. Also only 30 seconds rest between sets, which keeps the heart rate elevated. It's more of an endurance workout, I suppose, but with basic lifts:

Barbell Deadlifts
    Flat Bench Press
    Barbell Squats (only managed 6 the last set)
    Bent-Over Barbell Rows
    Overhead Barbell Press

Food will be spot-on today.
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Hi, all! Hello again ot the new faces!

Crazy week, no excuses, though. Thursday should not be my first workout of the week. Eek!

Strength Training:

Upper body:

Push ups = 3x10

Spiderman push-ups: 2x5

Bicep curls = 3x10x20lb

Hammer curls: 3x8x20lb

Triceps: skullcrushers 3x10x15lb, tricep dips 3x10.

Abs/back: 3x20 scissor kicks, 4x20 abdominal raises. 5x30sec superman, 2x30sec plank, 2x30sec side planks.

Shoulders: 3x8x15lb lateral raise, 3x10x20lb shoulder fly, 3x10x10lb front lateral raise.

Food: On target. Been a good week with food and have dropped a pound.
  • ninerbuff

Absolutely! She was released and they are awaiting blood test results; apparently it was not a heart attack or stroke, thankfully.

By the way Niner, what's TKO? Congrats on the success!

Also, now that you are cutting, are you just reducing calories across the board, or are you also adjusting your macro ratios?

Today was higher-rep, lower weight, total body strength day.

Sets of 18, 15, 12, 10 and 8, increasing weight each set, but with less than I do on other strength days. Also only 30 seconds rest between sets, which keeps the heart rate elevated. It's more of an endurance workout, I suppose, but with basic lifts:

Barbell Deadlifts
    Flat Bench Press
    Barbell Squats (only managed 6 the last set)
    Bent-Over Barbell Rows
    Overhead Barbell Press

Food will be spot-on today.
    TKO is the name of my kickboxing class in my gym. Stands for Team Kickboxing Ouch!!!:bigsmile:

Nice lifts!
  • ninerbuff
    Hi, all! Hello again ot the new faces!

Crazy week, no excuses, though. Thursday should not be my first workout of the week. Eek!

Strength Training:

Upper body:

Push ups = 3x10

Spiderman push-ups: 2x5

Bicep curls = 3x10x20lb

Hammer curls: 3x8x20lb

Triceps: skullcrushers 3x10x15lb, tricep dips 3x10.

Abs/back: 3x20 scissor kicks, 4x20 abdominal raises. 5x30sec superman, 2x30sec plank, 2x30sec side planks.

Shoulders: 3x8x15lb lateral raise, 3x10x20lb shoulder fly, 3x10x10lb front lateral raise.

Food: On target. Been a good week with food and have dropped a pound.
    Cudos for losing that pound and workout!
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang,

Happy TGIF and LCW! Only 1 client today. Good enough for me because I want to get some personal stuff done and my DW has the day off.

Cardio:walk/jog- 3 miles (500 calories)

Strength:biceps and triceps- preacher curls, alternate curls, rope pressdowns, lying tricep extensions. 12,10,8,6

Assessment:DW bought a Costco pizza for charity yesterday and brought it home. It was dinner. Needless to say the scale is up a pound.
  • dreambig_gohome
    dreambig_gohome Posts: 194 Member
    Ballroom dance tonight. Burns some 601 calories.

Still battling pain in my hip, as usual. My snowboarding season came to a forced close, as we've had temps in the 60s all week and the snow is virtually gone. The two resorts I can drive to are closed for the season. I had a great season cap in Michigan, but I don't want to face the next ten months without my snowboard! However, it IS time to begin training hard for my 5K and getting back to the gym when the hip feels better [probably in another week]. The micro-tears in my hamstring are doing better...I'm sure they are still there so I'm going to ease back into running. But It's bikini and skateboard season for me now! So unusual to have spring this early, but there it is.

Food: Bad restaurant food calories, but still way under my deficit so I'm not going to worry about it too much. It's my "spring break" and I'm enjoying time out with friends before cracking back down. Even I need a break from being so hard on myself and forcing hollow days.

Assessment: Overall.....I wish I could snowboard every day for the rest of my life. Haha. I made a lot of progress my last time out and I put a lot of stoke into my riding. I can't complain, though I'll miss the huge calorie burns for sure. Summer sports are coming up and I'm sure I'll stay active throughout. Thanks for always being there!
  • This is for yesterday...I was not feeling even a little bit interested in going to the gym (I think the stress of my new job and working 7 days a week is finally getting to me), did not enjoy a min. of it and just wanted to go home and go to bed so I am not really proud of how I did...but here it is...

Cardio: 30 min on bike 19mph....35 min walking hills on treadmill 3.8 mph level 13

Calories burned: 525

Don't start my new lifting stuff until Sunday so no streangth training

Diets...lets just not talk about that...I did not hit my markes at all. I did not go over calories at all, just did not hit my protein and too many carbs
  • Ballroom dance tonight. Burns some 601 calories.

Still battling pain in my hip, as usual. My snowboarding season came to a forced close, as we've had temps in the 60s all week and the snow is virtually gone. The two resorts I can drive to are closed for the season. I had a great season cap in Michigan, but I don't want to face the next ten months without my snowboard! However, it IS time to begin training hard for my 5K and getting back to the gym when the hip feels better [probably in another week]. The micro-tears in my hamstring are doing better...I'm sure they are still there so I'm going to ease back into running. But It's bikini and skateboard season for me now! So unusual to have spring this early, but there it is.

Food: Bad restaurant food calories, but still way under my deficit so I'm not going to worry about it too much. It's my "spring break" and I'm enjoying time out with friends before cracking back down. Even I need a break from being so hard on myself and forcing hollow days.

Assessment: Overall.....I wish I could snowboard every day for the rest of my life. Haha. I made a lot of progress my last time out and I put a lot of stoke into my riding. I can't complain, though I'll miss the huge calorie burns for sure. Summer sports are coming up and I'm sure I'll stay active throughout. Thanks for always being there!

Take care of that hip girl, sorry it still hurts...I am surprised that you found snow in MI, I am in Southwest MI and we have had almost none all year..Enjoy your spring break:-)

Oh and ballroom dancing is AWESOME!!
  • Hey gang,

Happy TGIF and LCW! Last day here at my BIL's house and back tomorrow to the Bay Area. Had a great time doing Safari Animal park, Legoland, and Balboa Park! Also a great day (with the exception of the 9ers losing) on Thanksgiving family! Back to the grind starting Monday!

Cardio:walk/jog- 3 miles (460 calories)

Strength:R-Quatro

Assessment: I didn't hold back yesterday. Good thing Thanksgiving is only once a year!

Ok...I want to take that vacation!! Wow, how fun, my kids would love Legoland and the Animal Park..don't know what Balboa Park is, but sounds fun:-)...Glad you are enjoying your family
  • ninerbuff
    This is for yesterday...I was not feeling even a little bit interested in going to the gym (I think the stress of my new job and working 7 days a week is finally getting to me), did not enjoy a min. of it and just wanted to go home and go to bed so I am not really proud of how I did...but here it is...

Cardio: 30 min on bike 19mph....35 min walking hills on treadmill 3.8 mph level 13

Calories burned: 525

Don't start my new lifting stuff until Sunday so no streangth training

Diets...lets just not talk about that...I did not hit my markes at all. I did not go over calories at all, just did not hit my protein and too many carbs
    We all have days like this. Old saying I have, "You can have a bad day, a bad week, and a bad month, but if you stay fairly consistent, you'll never have a bad year!"
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang,

Happy weekend! Kickboxing this morning and some new clients! Doing some maintenance work with my equipment too to get ready for the next TKO sessions!

Cardio:kickboxing- 60 min (500 calories)

Strength: NONE

Assessment: So compared to last week at this time, I'm doing great!
  • spartacus69
    We all have days like this. Old saying I have, "You can have a bad day, a bad week, and a bad month, but if you stay fairly consistent, you'll never have a bad year!"

Diggin' that! Especially since I was at work until 11pm last night. Cold leftover chicken, bag of popcorn chips and a beer for dinner at that hour. Ugh.

But I had my weigh-in this morning ... down 3lbs since last time. First time I've been under 200# in many many years!

60 mins kickboxing; ~500 calories. Probably similar to Niner's TKO - very much 'real' boxing/fighting oriented, and a killer cardio workout.

Off to play tennis with the kids.

Have a great day!
  • dreambig_gohome
    dreambig_gohome Posts: 194 Member

Take care of that hip girl, sorry it still hurts...I am surprised that you found snow in MI, I am in Southwest MI and we have had almost none all year..Enjoy your spring break:-)

Oh and ballroom dancing is AWESOME!!

Yes, Ballroom is my life and my passion, first and foremost. The other side of my snowboarding coin. It makes me who I am. It will be my livelihood once I earn my teaching certification! I was way up North near Cadillac, at Caberfae. They had just received 14.5 inches before we arrived, and packing a snow base of 56 inches. But the snow was still really hard and packed with an ice crust. I can't wait to board some actual powder some day.

The hip took some damage at dance last night and I'm not feeling too good today, but I'm resting for the next three days before work - no exercise because I've got to get this swelling down. I've been nearly in tears a couple times this season with it and still rode hard. That's the mark of a professional that I'm going to develop into.