Ladies that are losing 2lbs/week, what is your secret?

Replies

• 2fit4fat
    2fit4fat Posts: 559 Member
    bump
  • britneyblonde
    britneyblonde Posts: 92 Member
    Hi guys,

I've been losing around 2lbs a week. Before i started MFP in January i was eating whatever i wanted and I used to come home after work and sit on the couch and watch tv. I am much more active now and work out at least 5times a week. I cut out all fizzy juice, sweets, crisps & general junk food! Also been drinking ALOT of water! I eat 1200cals a day and HAVENT been eating back my exercise calories and so far its working. I dont expect this to work forever and when it stops working eating back exercise calories will not be a problem :laugh: I wouldnt say i've been going without though, im eating enough so that i never feel hungry! x
  • Miss_dannii
    Miss_dannii Posts: 1,351 Member
    I can honestly say it's probably because we have more to lose than you do... I am losing about 2 pounds a week but I doubt I will continue losing 2 pounds per week right up til I reach my goal..
  • lmd172
    lmd172 Posts: 172
    mark to read later...

thanks y'all!
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    depends on how much you have to lose, I'm considered obese still, and have a lot of body fat. If you're smaller then you'll lose slower. Um, as far as calories go, they're all over the place, and my BMR is about 1850+ and that's where I usually end up. I exercise once a day for about 45-60minutes, sometimes shorter if it's a workout dvd and sometimes longer at the gym depending if I have time. cardio in any form is good, but you need to strength train. find a good beginner's workout or buy a dvd like Jackie (personal training). or if at the gym, sure someone will show you how to use the machines/exercises for the free weights. muscle burns fat, people with higher muscle mass burn fat quicker than the squishy, lol drink plenty of water, fruits, veggies. I still eat bread, dairy, meat, and sweats. Nothing is off limits exactly, but there are times I don't eat certain things maybe because I've already had something similar, or b/c it would out me over my macro nutrients, some reason like that.
  • sherry9300
    sherry9300 Posts: 149 Member
    I really think that a lot of it comes down to the individual and how much she has to lose. We are all on MFP at work and I struggle because I'm the smallest one. It's true, the less you have to lose the slower it's going to come off. I can't say I've had a two pound loss every week, but I stay "in the game" by hitting the gym faithfully and eating as nutritiously as I can without making myself miserable. Just my two cents...
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    the secret to losing 2 lbs per wekk: having a lot to lose.

LifeStyle4 if God has allowed you this weight loss why was he do cruel to let you be 140lbs overweight? What made him change his mind and let you be healthy?

I wouldn't call it "cruel" so much as "cool". He was "cool" enough to let me get to be 58 pounds overweight (my starting weight was 198 and my goal weight is 140), again...He was "Cool" enough to allow me to balloon to that size, because He isn't like me at all (I personally chose to be a nag, self-righteous, greedy, gluttonous, lazy, slothful, angry, bitter, mean, hardhearted and stubborn and just plain YUCK and more things that I CHOOSE to be and do to get to that size). He simply let me do whatever "I" wanted to and didn't stop me because He's Cool like that. He "allows" me to do whatever I want, because I have a free-will.

Once I got to the point of being desperate to change, I finally humbled myself, cry-out to Him and begged Him to change me.
    He simply gave me the option (again my choice...no pressure, no fuss, no muss :wink: ) to seek Him with ALL of my heart and follow Him and He would lead me. I humbled myself and am doing that and He's doing exactly what He promised, in ways that are blowing my mind and my FAT away!!!!

Thank you so much for asking these important questions.:flowerforyou: I hope this answers your question(s).

IMPORTANT PLEASE NOTE: I deeply apologize for rudely hi-jacking this thread with an out-topic reply. If anyone else has any other questions, comments or concerns of this nature and in this regards (to God, my relationship to Him et. al) , PLEASE. feel free to send me a note personally, so as to be polite and kindhearted and not take over a thread that doesn't belong to me. Thanks in advance for doing this for our OP and other cool MPF friends and folks, as I will no longer address nor reply to such comments in this thread. :wink:
  • jhehle
    jhehle Posts: 88 Member
    I have lost 28.2 lbs in the last 7.5 wks ....my secret is I only drink water as a rule (drank tang when i was sick), i eat only until i feel full, usually get close to 1300 calories a day, i do not let myself feel hungry, if im hungry i drink another glass of water with a small snack. If i want a treat, i eat it, but only a small portion and not half the bag like i use to. I am also on Phentermine which is a physician prescribed weight loss medication. (thats not something people like to hear on here but i am, and its working so..)
  • jademh
    jademh Posts: 94
    Since I've started this site I've been averaging 1.5-2lb weight loss a week. (daily weight does fluctuate, and I only have weigh in days every 2 weeks)

This is a typical day for me:
    wake up
    -work out 6 days a week at 5am before work (I do Insanity. on round 3, did it twice, but do whatever works for you)
    -Breakfast. very important. I drink a whey protein shake from GNC mixed with a cup of milk and on the side eat a little fruit or oatmeal, pb toast, etc. DO NOT SKIP BREAKFAST. and higher protein keeps you full longer.
    -10am have a snack. I often have protein bars or apples, carrots, etc. up to you.
    -12 - lunch. Whatever I want.
    -2-3 in the afternoon I have another snack. Almost every dya I have a 90 calorie special K bar
    -4pm 5 evenings a week I go to the gym and do between 30-60 minutes of cardio. (usually opt for elliptical, but occassionally jog on treadmill or use stationary bikes) Also do between 15-35 minutes of weight training on the machines alternating days between legs/arms and throwing abs in there whenever.I use low weights at higher reps to tone.
    -around 6 pm-get home and eat a supper. usually try to have fish, chicken meals, etc.
    -SOME evenings if i am hungry i will have a low cal snack.
    -try to sleep 7 hrs at least a night!

so as you can see it takes a lot of dedication. I'd recommend eating 5-6 times a day. Doesn't have to be small meals, stick with your 3 main meals and eat 2-3 healthy snacks. Also working out! I do A LOT of cardio so maybe that's why I lose. Insanity is about 30 minute to an hour of cardio, then the gym at night. A day of rest is crucial! don't over do it! And PROTEIN is the key! I would recommend protein shakes to anyone...whey from GNC! :) You can add me if you'd like! I only drink water (minus the milk in my protein shakes) and I don't even have the urge to drink soda or juices anymore. I don't deprive myself of any food either. I'm not on a diet; this is a lifestyle.
  • lmalaschak
    lmalaschak Posts: 346 Member
    I lost 2 lbs per week for about the first 10 weeks of my weightloss. All I did was set my MFP profile to 'lose 2 lbs per week' and then ate the calories it told me to eat. No starving, I like food so I ate all that was allotted to me. After the first 10 lbs I also made an effort to start being more active (cleaned my house more, walked on the treadmill, etc). At that point I also started eating my exercise calories. Then eventually I moved on to adding more exercise to my day. No special foods other than just trying to make slightly better choices than I used to. Still ate carbs. Still ate frozen meals. Still had cereal and other various 'crap', just in moderation and along with those other slightly healthier choices. The main thing was sticking to the MFP given calorie goal.

This is right!
  • ChocoMello
    ChocoMello Posts: 74 Member
    i drink a lot of water, like 5l a day, i do small exercieses over the day, run aroudn almost all day.....
    And i eat a lot of salat with good fats!
  • Rosiered2
    Rosiered2 Posts: 87 Member
    I had no trouble losing at first, then I just stayed at a weight. At someone's advice, I checked my sodium, carb, and sugar levels. Right before I stopped losing, all of those had gone way up. I immediately kept my sugars at around 30 a day, my sodium under 2500 and my carbs below 150. I ate healthier too as a result! My 2 pounds a week started right back up.
    I do exercise a lot....I have found through my life that without consistent exercise, I don't lose weight and it doesn't matter if I restrict my calories, eat what I should, or overeat.....I don't lose weight without exercise.
    I do an hour of sweating to the oldies before work.
    I do some other kind of cardio/toning, walking etc. at lunch time (between 30-40 minutes).
    And OCCASIONALLY I will do a little something at night....I'll exercise during tv commercials, take a walk with my hubby, run up and down the stairs, etc. If I'm feeling like a log, I do the little extra exercise.
    I also started getting between 7 and 8 hours sleep, was really hard at first to "send myself to bed" but I found that consistency helped also.

Good luck!!
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    honestly i am losing about 1-2 pounds a week. i eat heathly (at least i do on most days) or i eat what i want (in moderation), and work out at least 6 days a week. plus i drink 8+ glasses of water a day....love love love my water (yes i know most out there would had this....i have seen the forum post about not wanting to drink water).
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    I eat 1800-2100 cals/day, burn 600-1000 5 days/wk depending on my workout that day so I always net 1200 bare minimum but usually closer to 1400. On my 2 off days I stay around 1400 cals. I eat as clean as I can 85-90% of the time, rarely any processed foods but I do indulge on sweets once in awhile. I change up my workouts often, cardio and strength, I lift hard and heavy. Have lost 101 lbs at a rate of usually 2 lbs. a week and still losing. I'm down to my last 40 lbs and keep waiting for it to slow down but it hasn't yet.
  • Quasita
    Quasita Posts: 1,530 Member
    I've lost an average of 1.625 lbs/week, including 2 weeks where I was fairly sick and not paying any attention to my goals. I started at 1800 calories a day intake which is what I naturally wanted to eat, but then I stalled out after my initial loss. I increased my water to almost 3 liters a day, and had to increase my calories to over 2500 to get to where I needed to be to have a positive net at the end of the day.

I maintain my loss by exercise 4-6 days a week, eating mostly what I like but trying to keep my choices on the healthy side of things. Lots of green veggies and sour fruits. Sleeping 7-9 hours a night. Paying attention to my body... When it says rest, I rest. When it craves, I try to fulfill the cravings in healthy ways... When it wants to get active, I do.

The only thing I don't do is wait until I'm hungry to eat. That's always been a problem for me, I never want to eat unless I'm super duper hungry or stressed out. However, I found I felt a lot better and did a lot better when I started eating around every 2 hours over a 14 hour period.
  • chergarr73
    chergarr73 Posts: 59 Member
    Yes, I always eat my calories back! But, no junk...for instance if I earn back 400 calories, I splurge on a smoothie: 1 Cup Almond Milk, 2 Cups Fresh Spinach, 1 Banana and 10 Large Strawberries....you can't even taste the spinach, I promise!!!
  • Jeaniehop
    Jeaniehop Posts: 88 Member
    I lost 2 lbs per week for about the first 10 weeks of my weightloss. All I did was set my MFP profile to 'lose 2 lbs per week' and then ate the calories it told me to eat. No starving, I like food so I ate all that was allotted to me. After the first 10 lbs I also made an effort to start being more active (cleaned my house more, walked on the treadmill, etc). At that point I also started eating my exercise calories. Then eventually I moved on to adding more exercise to my day. No special foods other than just trying to make slightly better choices than I used to. Still ate carbs. Still ate frozen meals. Still had cereal and other various 'crap', just in moderation and along with those other slightly healthier choices. The main thing was sticking to the MFP given calorie goal.

This is what I do I did cut alot of sugar and butter out and I don't add extra sodium to my foods and I gave up all soda!
  • Anyone 50+ lose 2lbs per week?
  • Taitiant
    Taitiant Posts: 65
    I've been losing at least 2 a week for 9 weeks. My secrets:

I eat when I'm hungry...I eat between 1250-1700 calories each day
    I drink water
    I eat what I want.
    I sleep at least 8 hours a night
    I work out.

really, it's no secret...
    One thing to remember about the scale that people tend to forget: Your scale doesn't know it's "weigh in" day, neither does your body, so if you aren't losing today, just keep what you're doing, it will come off eventually.
    Good Luck!

^^^^^ I DO THE SAME.... I range btwn 1200-1500 calories a day.. Work out at least 5x a week , and do more walking, cleaning, try to stay on my feet more since i work at a sit down desk 8 hours of the day.. Im only 1 1/2 months into it, but i feel like im doing well.. i have my days where i dont eat so great, but i work it off... i know i could be eating healthier, and probably working out more, but seems to be working for now, and i will continue to push my self..

Good luck to you!!!
    16512618.png
  • prism6
    prism6 Posts: 484 Member
    I quit drinking,quit fast food,exercised 4-5 times a week,walk when ever I can,drink water,discovered vegetables and fruit.But now I am stuck,the easy part is over......