Gaining Weight

Hello, I was wondering if anyone else here is having trouble gaining weight? I know the majority of this website is for weight loss purposes, but there is still the option for gaining weight. Does Anyone have tips for gaining healthy weight?:smile:

Replies

• tpeters0916
    tpeters0916 Posts: 3 Member
    Hello, I was wondering if anyone else here is having trouble gaining weight? I know the majority of this website is for weight loss purposes, but there is still the option for gaining weight. Does Anyone have tips for gaining healthy weight?:smile:
  • DETERMINED2Drop
    DETERMINED2Drop Posts: 285 Member
    I :heart: You!

Doesn't it suck to have a Boyfriend trying to gain weight, but I'm trying to lose? Haha. :sad:
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Now, now D2D, this site is about fitness, not specifically gaining or losing weight. tpeters, you have every right to ask that question, the goals area should work either way, gaining or losing. If you follow the guidelines and eat nutritious healthy meals and get enough calories, and work out, you should gain healthy muscle just as people trying to lose weight still want to gain muscle. You must work your body though, if you just eat, your going to gain fat, which you don't want. Follow the goal plan on the site and do some weight training and a little cardio and you should gain slow, steady muscle.

Hope this helps.

Banks
  • banks1850
    Wait this is your boyfriend? Is he making a joke?
  • DETERMINED2Drop
    No, he isn't making a joke. He truly is trying to gain weight. He could eat A LOT and still be super small.
  • tpeters0916
    tpeters0916 Posts: 3 Member
    Its really tough for me to gain weight, I was always that kid that everyone looked at and thought that I was anorexic! I tried eating alot but for me it is really hard to eat as much as I need to and maintain that everyday!:smile:
  • lorelai63
    lorelai63 Posts: 417 Member
    OH Ok i was about to join in with you Banks!
  • banks1850
    Oh, ok, I was gonna say.... :tongue:
  • banks1850
    Its really tough for me to gain weight, I was always that kid that everyone looked at and thought that I was anorexic! I tried eating alot but for me it is really hard to eat as much as I need to and maintain that everyday!:smile:

In that case, as scarey as it sounds, you have to kinda force the issue a little, part of that is choosing the right kinds of food, higher density foods with more protein and more good carbs, but in the end you probably will have to train your body to just eat more. You can lessen the difficulty of that by spacing it out over smaller meals throughout the day so your body doesn't feel stuffed.
  • banks1850
    Uh oh D2D, you just got your photo posted by proxy. LOL! :tongue:
  • DETERMINED2Drop
    Haha, it's okay! I don't mind. :smile:
  • DETERMINED2Drop
    I'll be super slim and he will be big and strong soon...
  • cinandchris
    cinandchris Posts: 229 Member
    My ex had the same problem with trying to put on weight. He got into weight lifting and eating a lot of protein. He also started drinking those protein shakes from GNC. It took a while, but he got looking pretty good.
  • A friend of mine was told by her doctor to have a sip of milk for every bite of food she had in order to gain the weight she needed....
  • DETERMINED2Drop
    Thanks for helping him out and giving some nice advice.
  • greekgyrl02
    greekgyrl02 Posts: 123
    You need to up your caloric intake and make sure your getting all the proper factors...carbs, fats, proteins...and also workout but not on a protocol that is going to burn the fat since you seem like you dont have alot to lose