Musicians?! are you out there?

13»

Replies

• 76tech
    76tech Posts: 1,455 Member
    all the bass players, any of you play upright, or all bass guitar? fretless bass guitar for me.
    electric, classical, acoustic and a jazzbox on the skinny strings.

I play Bass :)

i can play both electric and upright, but I usually stick with electric - much more suitable for my style of music :)

awesome. i've always wanted to play a doghouse, my wife would put me in one if i bought one more instrument though...
  • sjostrich
    sjostrich Posts: 117 Member
    all the bass players, any of you play upright, or all bass guitar? fretless bass guitar for me.

Nice! I have an electric P-bass, but would KILL to have an upright - I think mostly so I could jump off of it in gigs like Scott Owen in The Living End.
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    I'm a singer. Wish I knew how to play an instrument.
  • crazyola26
    crazyola26 Posts: 109 Member
    Musician! Music teacher, singer/songwriter. Trained classically (vocal) and like jazz, blues, folk & funk. Noodle around on the piano and guitar, but vocals is my main thang. LOVE the idea of a collaboration on MFP!
  • 76tech
    76tech Posts: 1,455 Member

Nice! I have an electric P-bass, but would KILL to have an upright - I think mostly so I could jump off of it in gigs like Scott Owen in The Living End.

love it!
  • rammsteinsoldier
    rammsteinsoldier Posts: 1,557 Member
    Degree in Music - play piano, sax, and sing.

Not in a band currently, wish I was though.
  • 1a1a
    1a1a Posts: 762 Member

for any one who cares i'm in a prog rock band - toehider.com :)

Woooooooooaaaaaah! You guys played support at the Gov a little while ago?! My boyfriend liked the set so much he bought a CD (which turned out to be more eclectic). But we must say "yes yes"
  • Sageyoku
    Sageyoku Posts: 77 Member
    Dunno if anyone looks at this thread anymore,
    but I'm a working musician, a trombonist.

Add me if you like.
  • _Ben
    _Ben Posts: 1,608 Member
    Just to throw it into the mix, not really a musician, but I am a dj who has made some hour long mixes
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,311 Member
    Hi. I don't have a band, but I am a singer. Classical. Used to sing opera, now I have children I sing in the cathedral choir here as the rehearsal times are possible to fit around children. I am also trying to get into more concert singing as then I can choose my own rehearsal times.
  • LovesGG
    LovesGG Posts: 241 Member
    I play brass instruments (trumpet, trombone, tuba). I'm a gospel trumpet player.
    I know the basics of keyboard and bass guitar...just haven't had ANY time to practice those :(
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Guitar, touring in Germany in April. Heavy Metal. But, favor blues and hard rock.
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    I play saxophone. I've also learned some percussion and played trumpet for a number of years, but i strongly prefer the baritone sax. I can play alto and tenor sax too, but i haven't invested much time in those. No band currently.
  • ukulele, classical guitar, flutophone, recorder, vocalist... lol!:laugh: I'm a music teacher...:wink:
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    i play by myself piano guitar and sing a little...but i wish i could be in a band but too lazy to look one up
  • TonyL68
    TonyL68 Posts: 133 Member
    Hiya! I'm primarily a vocalist and guitarist. I'm also a songwriter. I play piano better than guitar but I prefer guitar. I also play sax, though there's little call for it in the bands I play with. I've been in several working (part time) bands, both cover and original. The last band I was in was primarily original (few covers thrown in for fun) and we did pretty well locally.

I stopped when I was out of commission for several months post surgery. I'm actually looking for a band now but it's tough to find people over 30 (40?) in my area who want to play indie/alt rock.
  • I dont have a band, just jam out with friends, I write songs, sing and play guitar