Grilled Chicken Breast

uniqueusername
uniqueusername Posts: 5
edited November 2023 in Food and Nutrition
Does anyone know the suggested serving size for chicken.. I cant seem to find my answer anywhere and I have cubed chicken ready to be bagged up for lunches this week..

Thanks and Hello to everyone!!!

Replies

• Does anyone know the suggested serving size for chicken.. I cant seem to find my answer anywhere and I have cubed chicken ready to be bagged up for lunches this week..

Thanks and Hello to everyone!!!
  • Nevada
    Nevada Posts: 140 Member
    This is from the American Heart Association diet guidelines:
    3 oz is recommended serving, but no more than 6 oz per day
    Choose fish, shellfish, poultry without the skin, and trimmed lean meats, no more than 6 ounces, cooked, per day

A 3-ounce cooked portion is about the size of a deck of cards. To help you judge serving sizes, a 3-ounce portion equals:
    1/2 of a chicken breast or a chicken leg with thigh (without skin)
    3/4 cup of flaked fish
    2 thin slices of lean roast beef (each slice 3" x 3" x 1/4")
  • jlroys
    jlroys Posts: 1
    Im not sure what the suggested serving is but i've always heard that a serving is about the size of your fist. So, thats what I would go with. Wheather that is 1/2 c, 2/3 c would depend on your body size. :-)
  • Thank you so much for all your help!! I appreciated it greatly!

Have a great day and Healthy Eating!
  • pamelawh
    pamelawh Posts: 162 Member
    some meal plans call for 4 oz and some call for 5 oz.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,905 Member
    An inexpensive food scale is a REALLY good investment. About $30.00. Most weigh in ounces/pounds AND grams/kilos.

cm
  • kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    Why isn't any of the chicken in the database set up to measure in oz? Just a question I want to throw out since I eat chicken alot.
This discussion has been closed.