28 Ibs or Less Club

Options
Good Morning everyone! (well it's 09.43 in Leeds UK anyway!)

How was everyone's weekend? I have to admit I was so ashamedly bad on Friday night, I went out for "a drink" ended up having like 4/5 glasses, large glasses of chardonnay and then by the time I got out of the bar, I was well, a little tipsy and I got, wait for it, FISH AND CHIPS. Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Anyway, I think I may have redeemed myself over saturday and sunday and <drum roll please> I weighed myself this morning after a visit to the ladies room and...............

I have lost in my first official week (taking in to account fluid retention which I hope has reduced!!!!!)

3Ibs

Woo hoo. I'm hoping from now to lose 1 - 1.5 Ibs per week.

Yay! Good luck to everyone else! :drinker: :flowerforyou: :laugh: :wink: :smile: :happy: :tongue: :bigsmile:

Replies

• xmimikinsx
    xmimikinsx Posts: 191
    Options
    Good Morning everyone! (well it's 09.43 in Leeds UK anyway!)

How was everyone's weekend? I have to admit I was so ashamedly bad on Friday night, I went out for "a drink" ended up having like 4/5 glasses, large glasses of chardonnay and then by the time I got out of the bar, I was well, a little tipsy and I got, wait for it, FISH AND CHIPS. Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Anyway, I think I may have redeemed myself over saturday and sunday and <drum roll please> I weighed myself this morning after a visit to the ladies room and...............

I have lost in my first official week (taking in to account fluid retention which I hope has reduced!!!!!)

3Ibs

Woo hoo. I'm hoping from now to lose 1 - 1.5 Ibs per week.

Yay! Good luck to everyone else! :drinker: :flowerforyou: :laugh: :wink: :smile: :happy: :tongue: :bigsmile:
  • ophedian
    ophedian Posts: 78
    Options
    Excellent XMimi... You can trust that everyone in here has "fallen off the wagon" a time or two or four, or five. LOL Anyway, the most important thing is that when you do fall, get back up on the wagon and head west girlfriend. Head west to the sunny Hawaiian beaches rocking that new bod. :) I shall be heading west as well, if I can only shake these "Ben & Jerry" bandits. :)
  • xmimikinsx
    Options
    Hahah Ben & Jerry Bandits.
  • kimmerlyjo
    kimmerlyjo Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with you xmimi!!! Went shopping in the local area all day saturday with the family and we at at some of the local japanese restuarants... i tried to be so good but what was i supposed to tell my little girl when she wanted to get some cold stone icecream??? i know i know i could have just gotten her some and skipped it myself but shoot even the husband got some and he NEVER eats sweets... I am gettin stronger when every one here at work is getting junk food from the snack bar!!! I have an apple or some almonds... I'll be doing my weigh in when i get up in the morning so i'll post then! I'm hoping the 45 minutes at the gym today and the 30 tomorrow will help out some :laugh:

Oh and I just might be crazy... I just changed my goal weight to my pre-first baby weight... Oh what am I doing :noway:
  • sitarami
    sitarami Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    cold stone...my weakness
  • kimmerlyjo
    Options
    any icecream for me is a weakness... but especially coldstone!!! And being in Japan it's that little taste of home:tongue:
  • mickie
    mickie Posts: 183
    Options
    THE ALCOHOL IS MY ONLY DOWNFALL. I WORK OUT SIX DAYS A WEEK AND KEEP MY CALORIES UNDER 1,200/DAY (UNTIL THE WEEKEND COMES.) :noway: A FEW BEERS ON FRIDAY NIGHT, A COUPLE OF GLASSES ON WINE ON SATURDAY NIGHT. THE NEXT DAY MY BLOOD SUGAR DROPS AND I AM FAMISHED ALL DAY! LUCKILY I DID ZUMBA ON SATURDAY AND YARD WORK ALL DAY ON SUNDAY. AT LEAST I BURNED SOME OF THE ALCOHOL CALORIES OFF.
  • xmimikinsx
    Options
    Well, regardless of my weak will on the weekend I have to say I am pretty proud of myself. I just got back from lunch and presented with burgers and fries and steak sandwiches etc etc I opted for the side salad with light dressing and humous with a pitta bread.

Lol!
  • ophedian
    Options
    Xmimi.... Okay girlfriend, I was with you until you started talking about eating grass and paste for lunch. You see, I am plagued with the need for protein. It is encoded in my Y chromosome. I must eat meat at sometime everyday or I shall begin to regress into a swamp crawling pre-historic Fred Flinstone creature. So you see I have no choice.
  • buckeyebabe
    buckeyebabe Posts: 235
    Options
    Xmimi.... Okay girlfriend, I was with you until you started talking about eating grass and paste for lunch. You see, I am plagued with the need for protein. It is encoded in my Y chromosome. I must eat meat at sometime everyday or I shall begin to regress into a swamp crawling pre-historic Fred Flinstone creature. So you see I have no choice.

YOU MADE ME LAUGH! ALTHOUGH I LOVE HUMMUS AND EAT LOTS OF "GRASS" YOU MADE ME CRACK UP OUT LOUD! THANKS, I REALLY NEEDED THAT TO START A MONDAY!
  • xmimikinsx
    Options
    I'll have you know that chickpeas are full of protein and the "grass" had red onion, tomato and cucumber in a nice vinegarry dressing, it was YU-M-MY hahaha. :laugh:
  • ophedian
    Options
    buckeye... I am glad I could put a smile on your face. Mondays are one of those days that seem to define the rest of the week. So, many more smiles out to you. :)

Xmimi... Well... I am glad you liked it. My wife seems to live on Salads. I on the other hand, I am going to have a nice South Beach Living Savory Beef Meal with 20 Grams Protein, 16g carbos and only 220 calories. You will be happy to know that it does contain Broccoli, which I believe is in the weeds family. :)
  • kimmerlyjo
    Options
    i know i shouldn't weigh myself multiple times a week because it just frustrates me but i was curious (my weigh in isn't until tomorrow morning when i get up)... well i have one of those fancy tell you your weight/body fat%/%water scales... well this is the first time in probably a week that i checked my body fat % and it was DOWN!!!! i've been steadily between 35 and 33% (i know it's horrible) but tonight i was 31.5% i'm so excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :drinker: it's things like that, that keep me motivated and tell me that i'm still on the right track even if the weight doesn't move for a few days!!! :wink:
  • xmimikinsx
    Options
    WELL DONE :-)
    I still need a stiff drink before I have the cojones to step on the scales
  • lovemuffins
    Options
    I stayed the same... no loss no gain.
    I blame it on my Saturday night binge. Too many beers!!! Darn it. Oh well... at least I had fun right? :laugh:
  • xmimikinsx
    Options
    exactly. hey here's hoping that your body is just retaining those beer bubbles, drink lots of water and weigh again in a couple days! lol!
  • monicakelly21
    Options
    Hey,
    I haven't lost any pounds which is discouraging. However I have lost 2 inches on my waist in the last three weeks...so I feel great!!
  • SunnyInBuffalo
    Options
    I am so discouraged. I gained 3 pounds. When I wieghed myself i had to stop myself from crying. I have followed all the food and exercise goals. So very sad.

I was at 137 now 140. I have never weight 140s in my life
  • monicakelly21
    Options
    did you measure yourself....I bet you went down!!
  • thegirlwholived
    thegirlwholived Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I haven't weighed myself yet. I had to take my little one to the ENT dr. this morning so I missed going to the gym. I'll check tomorrow, but I have to go see my cardiologist Wed. for a 6mo check up so I'll compare the scales. I'm pretty sure the one at my gym is EVIL!