I did it!!! My first 10K!

So...
I ran my first race ever this weekend! A 10K- The cooper river bridge run in Charleston, SC. It took me months and months to work myself into decent enough shape to do it, ad it was not easy, but I MADE it! Yay! Although I did have to walk during the second mile due to horrible, horrible leg cramps. And I ran the last 4 miles with completely numb feet.

...But who's counting- I DID IT!

Now if I can just apply that determination to my diet and lose 30 pounds or so...

Replies

• So...
    I ran my first race ever this weekend! A 10K- The cooper river bridge run in Charleston, SC. It took me months and months to work myself into decent enough shape to do it, ad it was not easy, but I MADE it! Yay! Although I did have to walk during the second mile due to horrible, horrible leg cramps. And I ran the last 4 miles with completely numb feet.

...But who's counting- I DID IT!

Now if I can just apply that determination to my diet and lose 30 pounds or so...
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    Wow! I'm impressed! Good for you!
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Awesome job Anna!

~Joanna:flowerforyou:
  • ophedian
    ophedian Posts: 78
    Starts singing.. "Go Anna, Go Anna!" Serirously though, congratulations. I hope to be there one day, though I am hoping to do a 26 mile mountain bike ride.
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    SA-WEET!! Way to go! :flowerforyou:

I'm training for one on Memorial Day, you can be my inspiration! :happy:
  • may_marie
    may_marie Posts: 667 Member
    wow .. that is amazing, congratulation !!! bet you'll enjoy those calories earned :)

thats exactly the thing i need, to have a goal like that and train for it .. i bet it must be extremly rewarding to finish it...

when are you running your fisrt marathon ???

good luck. may
  • Thats realy awesome, you're doing amazingly well!!!

Al
    :flowerforyou:
  • karilynn
    karilynn Posts: 87
    that is great!!:flowerforyou: congrats, what a great thing to achieve!!
  • LightenUp_Caro
    LightenUp_Caro Posts: 572 Member
    Congratulations!
    That's awesome, I'd love to be able to do that!
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Congratulations, keep up the awesome work!
  • kaiyacali
    kaiyacali Posts: 175
    You rock chica!
  • ColtsFan1912
    ColtsFan1912 Posts: 146 Member
    congrats!! i was so scared to drive over that bridge when i lived in Charleston, i couldn't imagine runnin' over it hehe
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Congratulations! What an inspiration! :flowerforyou:
  • cinandchris
    cinandchris Posts: 229 Member
    Congratulations !! That is an Awesome accomplishment !!! Go out and brag to everyone !!!! I would :happy:
  • proudmama0118
    proudmama0118 Posts: 433 Member
    That is awesome!!! I bet you feel like a million bucks right now!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am currently training to do my first 1/2 marathon in Sept. It seems so crazy now, but I can't wait until I can say I did it!

:drinker:
  • mrshamm
    mrshamm Posts: 62
    Wow that great you should really be proud of yourself!
  • Vertu
    Vertu Posts: 13
    Well done!

I cant wait to get back to breaking that barrier myself.

It's a great feeling isnt it.

Keep up the excellent work!

Vertu x
  • aslavich
    aslavich Posts: 250 Member
    CONGRATULATIONS!!! I BET YOU FELT GREAT CROSSING THAT FINISH LINE!!!

Now keep up the good work. You're an inspiration! I remember when I did my first 10K 6 years ago. Now my family + some friends look forward to the Wharf to Wharf race every year (3rd Sunday in July, Santa Cruz to Capitola)... Come join us and help our group grow!!!

Angela :drinker: