that can't be right!?

Last night I weighed myself on our new scale & i weighed 151lb. This mornin' I got on it after i went to the restroom & i wait 145.8 that can't be right!? can my scale already be broken!? :noway:

Replies

• ColtsFan1912
    ColtsFan1912 Posts: 146 Member
    Last night I weighed myself on our new scale & i weighed 151lb. This mornin' I got on it after i went to the restroom & i wait 145.8 that can't be right!? can my scale already be broken!? :noway:
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Um. . .that depends on how much you went to the restroom.

Your weight fluctuates a lot during the day and night. So, it can be right.
  • greekgyrl02
    greekgyrl02 Posts: 123
    you generally do weigh less in the morning and after excretion especially. Weights normally flutuate between 2-6 pounds throughout the week its normal:wink:
  • lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    I always weigh myself before I go to bed and right when I wake up after I use the restroom. My weight fluctuates between 1 to 3 lbs.
  • sr2000
    sr2000 Posts: 230 Member
    I bought a scale that gave me three different weigts in a matter of 3 minutes (no eating or going to bathroom) You might want to try weighing yourself a few times in within a couple minutes and see if the numbers are all the same, if they're not, you have a scale that is a pain in the butt, (like mine was) And if your lucky and get the same number three times, then you have a good scale and lost a lot overnight win-win!
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Lol, i'm gonna try to introduce a bill to my state senate to outlaw any personal use human grade scales! They are evil. The only places that should be allowed to use them should be hospitals, doctors offices, and gyms with certified trainers!
  • DaniUSA
    DaniUSA Posts: 74
    I think you scale has the prob srb2000 describes.

If you buy a scale. Look that you can go on it 3 times in a row.. it should show the same weight.. At least mine does.

If your weight is not the same as in the doctors office.. its not to bed..

just stay on one scale..

for example.. if your scale always shows 2 lb more, you will nonetheless see YOUR results..
    so look at the weight change, not at the weight itself :)
  • GIGINATOR
    GIGINATOR Posts: 355 Member
    Lol, i'm gonna try to introduce a bill to my state senate to outlaw any personal use human grade scales! They are evil. The only places that should be allowed to use them should be hospitals, doctors offices, and gyms with certified trainers!

I agree!! I work in a hospital so I use the one there to weigh myself. My scale at home is not consistent, don't trust it.
  • auntkaren
    auntkaren Posts: 1,490 Member

I agree!! I work in a hospital so I use the one there to weigh myself. My scale at home is not consistent, don't trust it.

No I think the one at my doctors office should be outlawed it always weighs in 10lbs more then my scale, and that was my old scale and now my new scale. :huh: I think it's a conspiracy:grumble:
  • auntkaren
    auntkaren Posts: 1,490 Member

I have heard of loosing weight while you sleep, but that is great, I would take the lower number.:laugh:
  • jenbar
    jenbar Posts: 1,038 Member
    I bought a scale that gave me three different weigts in a matter of 3 minutes (no eating or going to bathroom) You might want to try weighing yourself a few times in within a couple minutes and see if the numbers are all the same, if they're not, you have a scale that is a pain in the butt, (like mine was) And if your lucky and get the same number three times, then you have a good scale and lost a lot overnight win-win!

oooooo! I had one of those! I HATE IT! :devil: It was digital. I bought an "old fashioned" one and I'm 6-7 pounds lighter on that one. That one's my friend!:love:
  • MontanaGirl
    MontanaGirl Posts: 1,251 Member
    Just over 5 lbs is entirely reasonable from evening to morning. It takes your body a while to process the food you eat and liquids you drink. I've heard of people flexuating as much as 12 lbs in 1 day! He was a little out of the ordinary anyway :noway: But 5 - 6 lbs is in the normal range - were you wearing clothes the night weigh? They can add quite a bit too!