"TLFC" exercise and accountability support!

Replies

• dreambig_gohome
    dreambig_gohome Posts: 194 Member
    We all have days like this. Old saying I have, "You can have a bad day, a bad week, and a bad month, but if you stay fairly consistent, you'll never have a bad year!"

Diggin' that! Especially since I was at work until 11pm last night. Cold leftover chicken, bag of popcorn chips and a beer for dinner at that hour. Ugh.

But I had my weigh-in this morning ... down 3lbs since last time. First time I've been under 200# in many many years!

60 mins kickboxing; ~500 calories. Probably similar to Niner's TKO - very much 'real' boxing/fighting oriented, and a killer cardio workout.

Off to play tennis with the kids.

Have a great day!

And congrats! That must feel amazing! Keep it going!
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Woot! I'm excited. Just signed up to do my second Warrior Dash. Doing one in May in Arkansas. I have a goal to focus on for the next 2 months!

Saturday:

Strength Training: Lower Body:

Squats: 3x10x40lb.

Squats - Frog: 3x10.

Squats with calf raises: 3x10.

Forward lunges: 3x10.

Reverse lunges: 3x10.

Glute Kickbacks: 3x10.

Glute Flutter Kicks: 3x10.

One-legged Hip Bridges: 3x10.

Split Squats: 3x7x40lb.

Calf raises: 3x15x40lb.

Cardio: 30 minutes jogging in place, mixed up speed.

Food: on target

Assessment: What an awesome week of good eating for me. Feel like I've taken a major step past the overeating I'd been doing since my mom's death. Lost another pound. I'm only 3 pounds over my lowest weight back in November.
  • brandiuntz
    Sunday: Cardio

HIIT

1. 2 minute warm up - light jog.
    2. Sprint 15 seconds and recover jog for 45 seconds. 8 sets (8 minutes total).
    3. 25 minutes light paced jog.
    4. 1 minute sprint intervals with 1 minute of jogging.

Food: on target.
  • dreambig_gohome
    Brandi that rocks! Keep it up!!!

Had a lot of trouble with the hip past two days. The pain kept me from doing things as simple as tying my shoelaces and sliding into a restaurant booth and kept me awake at night with the incessant throbbing. I took this injury back on Feb. 11th, but have repeatedly aggravated it. I'm giving it two weeks of assessment to see if the pain gets better or goes away and if there's little to no improvement then I'll go to the doctor. I'm hoping this isn't a bone fracture issue because truthfully, I have no idea exactly what I did. All I know is when I fell originally I nearly passed out and nearly threw up from the pain, lost feeling and control in my leg, and then experienced a massive amount of internal bleeding, and it still feels as though there is a swollen mass the size of an orange in my hip. So given all of that, it's possible I fractured it and have been falling on it several times again. But I have yet to actually rest for longer than two or three days to heal. Now that my snowboarding season has ended I have no more excuses but to take care of this issue. I AM tired of hurting and not being able to condition in the gym.

That's the update. This week was terrible in food thanks to all the things going on over my "spring break." I know it's not an excuse but I'll get back on it starting tomorrow.
  • This is from yesturdays workout..

Strength: Squats, bench, back row, calf raises, rev. curls (was supposed to be rev. preach, but can't figure it out at my gym so I modified) and weighted sit ups

Cardio: 30 min of HIIT on Arc...1 min/ 1 min...with warm up and cool down...stretching as well

Diet: struggling in this mode lately don't really know why such an issue, I ate over and did not have enought water...feel like I have gained weight, but too afraid to look on the scale.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,453 Member
    We all have days like this. Old saying I have, "You can have a bad day, a bad week, and a bad month, but if you stay fairly consistent, you'll never have a bad year!"

Diggin' that! Especially since I was at work until 11pm last night. Cold leftover chicken, bag of popcorn chips and a beer for dinner at that hour. Ugh.

But I had my weigh-in this morning ... down 3lbs since last time. First time I've been under 200# in many many years!

60 mins kickboxing; ~500 calories. Probably similar to Niner's TKO - very much 'real' boxing/fighting oriented, and a killer cardio workout.

Off to play tennis with the kids.

Have a great day!
    Tennis is a good workout.
  • ninerbuff

Take care of that hip girl, sorry it still hurts...I am surprised that you found snow in MI, I am in Southwest MI and we have had almost none all year..Enjoy your spring break:-)

Oh and ballroom dancing is AWESOME!!

Yes, Ballroom is my life and my passion, first and foremost. The other side of my snowboarding coin. It makes me who I am. It will be my livelihood once I earn my teaching certification! I was way up North near Cadillac, at Caberfae. They had just received 14.5 inches before we arrived, and packing a snow base of 56 inches. But the snow was still really hard and packed with an ice crust. I can't wait to board some actual powder some day.

The hip took some damage at dance last night and I'm not feeling too good today, but I'm resting for the next three days before work - no exercise because I've got to get this swelling down. I've been nearly in tears a couple times this season with it and still rode hard. That's the mark of a professional that I'm going to develop into.
    Must have been Latin Ballroom...............
  • ninerbuff
    Woot! I'm excited. Just signed up to do my second Warrior Dash. Doing one in May in Arkansas. I have a goal to focus on for the next 2 months!

Saturday:

Strength Training: Lower Body:

Squats: 3x10x40lb.

Squats - Frog: 3x10.

Squats with calf raises: 3x10.

Forward lunges: 3x10.

Reverse lunges: 3x10.

Glute Kickbacks: 3x10.

Glute Flutter Kicks: 3x10.

One-legged Hip Bridges: 3x10.

Split Squats: 3x7x40lb.

Calf raises: 3x15x40lb.

Cardio: 30 minutes jogging in place, mixed up speed.

Food: on target

Assessment: What an awesome week of good eating for me. Feel like I've taken a major step past the overeating I'd been doing since my mom's death. Lost another pound. I'm only 3 pounds over my lowest weight back in November.
    Excellent!
  • ninerbuff
    Brandi that rocks! Keep it up!!!

Had a lot of trouble with the hip past two days. The pain kept me from doing things as simple as tying my shoelaces and sliding into a restaurant booth and kept me awake at night with the incessant throbbing. I took this injury back on Feb. 11th, but have repeatedly aggravated it. I'm giving it two weeks of assessment to see if the pain gets better or goes away and if there's little to no improvement then I'll go to the doctor. I'm hoping this isn't a bone fracture issue because truthfully, I have no idea exactly what I did. All I know is when I fell originally I nearly passed out and nearly threw up from the pain, lost feeling and control in my leg, and then experienced a massive amount of internal bleeding, and it still feels as though there is a swollen mass the size of an orange in my hip. So given all of that, it's possible I fractured it and have been falling on it several times again. But I have yet to actually rest for longer than two or three days to heal. Now that my snowboarding season has ended I have no more excuses but to take care of this issue. I AM tired of hurting and not being able to condition in the gym.

That's the update. This week was terrible in food thanks to all the things going on over my "spring break." I know it's not an excuse but I'll get back on it starting tomorrow.
    Make sure to get that hip checked.
  • ninerbuff
    This is from yesturdays workout..

Strength: Squats, bench, back row, calf raises, rev. curls (was supposed to be rev. preach, but can't figure it out at my gym so I modified) and weighted sit ups

Cardio: 30 min of HIIT on Arc...1 min/ 1 min...with warm up and cool down...stretching as well

Diet: struggling in this mode lately don't really know why such an issue, I ate over and did not have enought water...feel like I have gained weight, but too afraid to look on the scale.
    Refocus on why you're doing this. Write it on paper and stick it to your bathroom mirror, your fridge and car visor. Does wonders.
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang,

I like myself unconditionally!

Happy Monday! My "week off" from TKO sessions, so I get to focus primarily on myself this week. I do have a "make up" class tonight for those who may have missed 2 more more classes, but it shouldn't be too full.

Cardio:walk/jog 3 mi (400 calories)

Strength:quads- squats, leg press, leg extensions. 12,10,8,6 increasing weight each set.

Assessment: Parties this weekend were food filled.
  • dreambig_gohome

*Grins* You know me too well....hahah. Ever the thrill-seeker. I mostly focus on Latin/Rhythm though I am as trained in smooth. But you know when you're at home.
  • ninerbuff

*Grins* You know me too well....hahah. Ever the thrill-seeker. I mostly focus on Latin/Rhythm though I am as trained in smooth. But you know when you're at home.
    Okay I'm ready to see some Argentine Tango now.
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang,

Happy Tuesday! Just a couple of clients today and more studying to get ready for my test on the 24th.

Cardio:walk/jog- 3 miles (400 calories)

Strength:hamstrings and shoulders- seated leg curl, lying leg curl, shoulder press, side lateral, reverse flyes. 12,10,8,6 increasing weight each set.

Assessment: Yesterday was a little over, but nothing crazy.
  • brandiuntz
    Tuesday: Strength Training

Upper body:

Push ups = 3x10 Spiderman push-ups: 2x5

Bicep curls = 3x10x20lb

Hammer curls: 3x8x20lb

Triceps: skullcrushers 3x10x15lb, tricep dips 3x10.

Abs/back: 3x15 scissor kicks, 4x10 abdominal raises, 2x30sec plank, 2x30sec side planks.

Shoulders: 3x8x15lb lateral raise, 3x10x20lb shoulder fly, 3x6x15lb front lateral raise (new weight!).

• This is from yesturdays workout..

Refocus on why you're doing this. Write it on paper and stick it to your bathroom mirror, your fridge and car visor. Does wonders.

I love this suggestion..thank you...I will do this..:-)
  • Strength: Squats (various weights 4 sets of 5), deads (various weights 4 sets of 5), military press (same as the others), pull ups UGH..3 sets of 6 with 55 assisted then 3 negative (holding at the top for as long as possible them coming down as slow as possible) with 25 assissted..I WILL DO A NON ASSISTED ONE SOMEDAY..I SWEAR..lol, weighted lunges 3 sets of 16 using 40 pounds

cardio: two fold...did walk at lunch but it was more to clear my head then to workout then after my strength training I ran the really big hill at a park, ran up and walked down...lather, rinse, repeat. Had plans to go much longer than I did, but honestly my legs were toast after my strength training, probably should have chosen a less killer cardio and could have done better

Food...UGH..no really not terrible..great all day and had issues at night...night eating is terrible for me. Working on it will put notes up all over as suggested to see if that helps me make better more controlled choices.

Have a great day everyone, my legs are so sore...is it wrong that I love that:-)
  • Hey gang,

Happy Tuesday! Just a couple of clients today and more studying to get ready for my test on the 24th.

Cardio:walk/jog- 3 miles (400 calories)

Strength:hamstrings and shoulders- seated leg curl, lying leg curl, shoulder press, side lateral, reverse flyes. 12,10,8,6 increasing weight each set.

Assessment: Yesterday was a little over, but nothing crazy.

Great job!!! Good luck on your test
  • dreambig_gohome

Okay I'm ready to see some Argentine Tango now.

Ooooohhhh. Or Paso Doble! Hehe. One of these days I'm just going to have to get a photographer and a partner together and get some pics taken. Especially since I've lost this weight....New costumes and all. That'll be something to really shoot for once I'm finally satisfied with where I'm at...still have about 7 more pounds to drop. Know I can do it.

Food: Under, even though my ham and corn at dinner was the most unappetizing thing ever, I ate it rather than going out to eat. Go me.

Assessment: Hip still hurts, but I got through work without too much pain so I'm happy about that. Hopefully it's just going to keep getting better. I'm going to the gym tomorrow to do some arm weights. If the bike doesn't hurt my hip, since it's so low impact, I might do a little bike ride and call it a night. I'm expecting to take it super easy but I definitely want to get back into it. I'm truly excited!!!!
  • ninerbuff
    Tuesday: Strength Training

Upper body:

Push ups = 3x10 Spiderman push-ups: 2x5

Bicep curls = 3x10x20lb

Hammer curls: 3x8x20lb

Triceps: skullcrushers 3x10x15lb, tricep dips 3x10.

Abs/back: 3x15 scissor kicks, 4x10 abdominal raises, 2x30sec plank, 2x30sec side planks.

Shoulders: 3x8x15lb lateral raise, 3x10x20lb shoulder fly, 3x6x15lb front lateral raise (new weight!).

On target!