Arm hurt

I need some help, I've been working out for two days and my arms are killing me. I have a toddler and watch another toddler in my house so I have to lift them up sometimes. Is there anything I can do to help the pain, I can barely lift my son up. TIA!

Replies

• mrshamm
    mrshamm Posts: 62
    I need some help, I've been working out for two days and my arms are killing me. I have a toddler and watch another toddler in my house so I have to lift them up sometimes. Is there anything I can do to help the pain, I can barely lift my son up. TIA!
  • auntkaren
    auntkaren Posts: 1,490 Member
    Is there a reason you can't take an Advil , or some pain reliever? Other then that I would guess either a warm compress or ice. Someone else would know better then me.
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    I've heard a ton of different methods to get rid of muscle soreness and in my experience, almost none of them work very well. Try some icy hot, or if you live near a farm store/agway get some horse liniment - it'll work wonders for temporary relief, as will aspirin or ibuprophen. Supposedly vitamin c can also help speed recovery.

What arm exercises were you doing? If you were doing a really high number of reps, and a large number of sets you may want to cut back a little bit. Also make sure that you stretch before you work out, it will cut down on some of the soreness. If you are new to exercising, start small and gradually work your way up.

Sorry I can't be of more help

:frown: