creme of wheat?!

Options
is it good and filling for one serving??

im not sure

id be eating 3 tbsp with 1 1/4 cup almond milk.

do you think that would be filling?

Replies

• blueberrybox
    Options
    is it good and filling for one serving??

im not sure

id be eating 3 tbsp with 1 1/4 cup almond milk.

do you think that would be filling?
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    I've never had it, but it doesn't sound filling to me... Maybe throw in some peach slices or have an apple on the side?
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    It cooks up a lot...that 3 tbsp will become about 1 cup when cooked. I find it filling, and the almond milk would make it even more so.
  • MontanaGirl
    MontanaGirl Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    It cooks up a lot...that 3 tbsp will become about 1 cup when cooked. I find it filling, and the almond milk would make it even more so.
    Hey Song - How are ya?? Haven't seen you around . . . :happy:
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options

Oh gosh...life has been hectic lately. Just got out of a long relationship, moved, and it's the end of the semester so I'm getting slammed with exams and stuff. :noway: But I'm still doing well, still on the wagon and everything hehe :flowerforyou:
  • MontanaGirl
    MontanaGirl Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options

Oh gosh...life has been hectic lately. Just got out of a long relationship, moved, and it's the end of the semester so I'm getting slammed with exams and stuff. :noway: But I'm still doing well, still on the wagon and everything hehe :flowerforyou:
    :noway: Whew! Glad you survived all that :flowerforyou: Hope all the exams and stuff go well :smile:
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,943 Member
    Options

:noway: Whew! Glad you survived all that :flowerforyou: Hope all the exams and stuff go well :smile:

We missed you girl! Sorry about the boy :frown: Good luck on exams. :flowerforyou:
  • strongmom
    strongmom Posts: 72
    Options
    I eat oatmeal and add one small apple chopped up, that is the only way it fills me for the morning. Creme of wheat is a little less dense, but like the other poster recommended also, add some chopped fruit.
  • nik433
    nik433 Posts: 57
    Options
    I find Creme of Wheat really boring and not very filling at all. I've switched to Quaker Simple Harvest. It's all natural, only 150 calories per serving, filling and the Apples and Cinnamon tastes like dessert!!! There's other flavors too but I'm sold on the Apples and Cinnamon.
  • astridfeline
    astridfeline Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    I grew up on Cream of Wheat, yummy! If I remember correctly it doesn't have very much fiber. Oat bran has almost identical texture/taste as C of W with more fiber. I don't have the exact numbers, but it's something to look into.
  • mommyskis
    mommyskis Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I love cream of wheat! I think it is very, very filling. I add about 2 Tbsp. of brown sugar to mine to sweeten it up. Sometimes I even forget my morning snack because it is so filling. And me missing a snack is unbelievable!
  • bonkers5975
    bonkers5975 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I love it and find it fills me if I add fruit. I have mine with dried cranberries, banana, or apple, and a tsp of brown sugar.