MY BELLY!!!

Im sorry i just have to vent im sick of having this very large pouch in front me. its always in the way!!!! i just want a flat stomache. its just annoying its a right in front me i always have to look at it when i sit down in gets bigger!!!!

i think im going to do crunches.:sad:

Replies

• nicole0177
    nicole0177 Posts: 377
    Im sorry i just have to vent im sick of having this very large pouch in front me. its always in the way!!!! i just want a flat stomache. its just annoying its a right in front me i always have to look at it when i sit down in gets bigger!!!!

i think im going to do crunches.:sad:
  • FUZZBUZZ4
    FUZZBUZZ4 Posts: 334
    i know wat u mean! i just posted about this... no matter how much i lose it goes from anywhere BUT my tummy!!!!!
    :grumble: (despite the gazillion crunches i do!)
  • nicole0177
    isnt that a pic of you? bc your stomache looks great to me im jealous.
  • FUZZBUZZ4
    FUZZBUZZ4 Posts: 334
    yea ita me.. thanx for the compliment BUT thats me standing.. but as u say wen i sit down its ANOTHER story!! i have a little pouch thing and its annoying cuz i know there is a well defined muscle underneath that fat layer.. i bet ur being too hard on urselff which is common after years of being used a certain body its hard to accept that u look OCMPLETLY different now.. dont be too hard on urself!
  • nicole0177
    yea ita me.. thanx for the compliment BUT thats me standing.. but as u say wen i sit down its ANOTHER story!! i have a little pouch thing and its annoying cuz i know there is a well defined muscle underneath that fat layer.. i bet ur being too hard on urselff which is common after years of being used a certain body its hard to accept that u look OCMPLETLY different now.. dont be too hard on urself!

ya i think ik what you mean like i hate my stomache in shirts and everything but if im like in a swimsuit it doesnt seem that big so maybe your right.
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Doing a gazillion crunches isn't going to do anything... the layer of fat that you have ontop of the abs is what you should be focusing on.

~Joanna:flowerforyou:
  • winwin
    winwin Posts: 134 Member
    I don't know, but I find the elliptical is great for this problem. I think walking at a good pace with swinging arms, and also running, jogging, dancing.
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    You will have better luck if you give up the white flour, white rice, etc, and switch to whole grains.

http://www.realage.com//ct/tips/5487/

Cardio helps too.
  • Healthier_Me
    The fact is, just like you already have biceps and quadriceps, everyone already has a six-pack of abdominal muscles hiding just under the flab, dying to get out! However, there's more to it than just doing a thousand crunches a day. Unless you modify your diet and burn belly fat in addition to those abdominal exercises, that six-pack will always just look like a keg.

http://www.mahalo.com/How_to_Get_Six-Pack_Abs

• hammo567
    hammo567 Posts: 3
    try doing your crunches on a stability ball. that has helped me. :flowerforyou:
  • OK, call me crazy, but unless you want to go down to 2% body fat like the guys and gals who do professional body building....aren't you supposed to have what you are calling a "belly"? HEALTHY women are supposed to have a certain amount of body fat, I'm not sure of the exact amount around 20-30% I believe.
    I know when I was 20, I was doing physical labor (lifting/carrying etc) weighed 115lbs, and still had the same 'belly' as you in that picture. I was actually underweight, too. The only women I've seen with a muscular looking tummy were pro-weight lifters (they don't stay that way all the time, they drop down only for competitions because they know it isn't healthy for a woman), and I don't think they really look all that good. (I don't think guys think they look all that good either, guys opinion please!)
    What I'm trying to say is, are we so obsessed with being "ripped" that what's normal and healthy isn't acceptable anymore?
  • Healthier_Me
    When I was 20 y/o, I weighed 105 pounds and I still had a pouch.
    I'm not going to be obssesed with getting a six pack... I already have one but there's some fat in the way... SO WHAT!:wink:

• nicole0177
    I'm not going to be obssesed with getting a six pack... I already have one but there's some fat in the way... SO WHAT!:wink:

now that you mention that i was 110 2 years ago and still had a bit of a pouch. so i guess i just want it to be smaller.
  • When I was 20 y/o, I weighed 105 pounds and I still had a pouch.

giving up on impressing the rock healthier me? :wink:
  • OK, call me crazy, but unless you want to go down to 2% body fat like the guys and gals who do professional body building....aren't you supposed to have what you are calling a "belly"? HEALTHY women are supposed to have a certain amount of body fat, I'm not sure of the exact amount around 20-30% I believe.
    I know when I was 20, I was doing physical labor (lifting/carrying etc) weighed 115lbs, and still had the same 'belly' as you in that picture. I was actually underweight, too. The only women I've seen with a muscular looking tummy were pro-weight lifters (they don't stay that way all the time, they drop down only for competitions because they know it isn't healthy for a woman), and I don't think they really look all that good. (I don't think guys think they look all that good either, guys opinion please!)
    What I'm trying to say is, are we so obsessed with being "ripped" that what's normal and healthy isn't acceptable anymore?

I forgot to mention I knew a female body builder (guys used to insist she was a guy, not a girl, and she'd get harassed for being a guy in girls clothes when she was out at night) and she used to come to work with a mixing bowl (I mean like 5-6 cups full) full of regular oatmeal for breakfast when she was training for an upcoming competition. I asked about the carbs being high, but she said for the amount of working out she did, her body needed it. She was the one that told me they only go down to 2% the last week or so before competition otherwise organ function starts to shut down.
  • emtink
    emtink Posts: 387 Member
    bellydancing makes me love my belly! once you learn how to shimmy, vibrate, flutter, and roll your belly, you won't want to get rid of it! it can do all kinds of neat tricks :laugh:

love your belly:heart: its a symbol of your femininity and your ability to continue life. people used to worship bellies, not try to get rid of them... what the hell happened:cry:
  • Healthier_Me

giving up on impressing the rock healthier me? :wink:
    Never!!!:laugh:

• banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    3 things to know. (I realize some people already posted some of this, I figured it could be like a summary)

1) crunches alone don't do all that much, It's the equivalent of isolating your triceps and working no other muscle in your arms. That muscle might become stronger, but the overall effect will be small and unbalanced, it can actually increase the possibility of problems. Muscles work in unison, strengthening 1 muscle without the rest of a group can cause one to overbalance and force others to work much harder then necessary resulting in strains and tears. If you want to work the muscle, fine, but work the whole core (obliques, ALL 3 ab muscles, and gluts) that's how you get a 6-pack.

2) You won't "see" your 6-pack until the fat that covers it is gone. Your core can be strong as an ox, and you can still look a little flabby. That has everything to do with the fact that the stomach is one of the spots that the body likes to store fat. Doing tons of crunches to flatten that belly is not only time consuming, but probably a waste, a short core routine (15 to 20 minutes) 2 to 3 times a week is plenty, and it gives those muscles time to recover. Better to dedicate the remaining time to a healthy, vigorous cardio workout, that can burn off fat calories.

3) 2% body fat isn't needed to see a 6-pack. Generally, you see ab definition at around 10 to 12% body fat, it becomes that noticeable "6-pack" at somewhere around 8% (but not until about 6% does it become really defined). Can most people living a normal life maintain 8%? Not usually, some men might, women usually have a higher % just because of the differences in a female body from a male body.

I found a great article on this subject, please read it over.
    http://www.webmd.com/fitness-exercise/features/striving-for-six-pack-abs
  • nicole0177
    thanks everyone im saying goodbye to stubborn belly fat!!