Anything that you have cut out, thats helped with weightloss

Replies

• Michele7091
    Michele7091 Posts: 256 Member
    Nothing. I still eat the foods that I love I just eat less of them. I've done that before where I've had my list of "NO" foods and I was never able to lose weight and keep it off. So now I prefer to look at this as a lifestyle change instead of a diet and if I want to eat a chocolate-chip-cookie, I eat one. I'm certainly not going to go the rest of my life without them so why deprive myself now?
  • Bettysbaby
    Bettysbaby Posts: 5 Member
    I just reduced the amount I eat of specific items; such as bacon. Four slices three or four days a week were not a problem. Now I have one slice with whatever else I'm having for breakfast. I'm happy with minimum as opposed to none at all. It's working for me as is another example, coffee, cream and sugar each morning. I've probably only had 3 cups entire month of February and only 1 cup so far during March. Less food is filling; probably always was!
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    I cut out.... over eating and over drinking booze.
  • TheAnie
    TheAnie Posts: 180 Member
    Where did you hear that bread stays in your system for 3 months?
    This is what I keep asking in my head. It sounds like absolute nonsense. I mean each to their own: don't eat bread if you think it's helping you. But saying something stays in your stomach for three months is nonsense. That's like when we tell kids if they swallow gum it will stay in their belly for seven years. Rubbish.

I don't cut anything out, I've just cut back on things. Whereas before I drank soda all day long I now only allow myself one a day and am trying to scale it back to one a week or when we go out to eat. Everything in moderation.
  • stubbysticks
    stubbysticks Posts: 1,275 Member
    ^^^^^
    This. What the crap?

I haven't cut out any food or drink, just modified the frequency with which I indulge in particular ones. What I have cut out is thinking like a "fat person." If I indulge in something, it's with the expectation that I will return to my normal weight loss plan soon. Before I started losing weight, I didn't consider the consequences of anything I ate.
  • christibam
    christibam Posts: 478 Member
    This is what I keep asking in my head. It sounds like absolute nonsense. I mean each to their own: don't eat bread if you think it's helping you. But saying something stays in your stomach for three months is nonsense. That's like when we tell kids if they swallow gum it will stay in their belly for seven years. Rubbish.

I googled it. This thread was the first thing that came up. Everything else says that bread stays good in the fridge and freezer for 3 months but that's all I found.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Sitting on my *kitten* all night.
  • Whinchat
    Whinchat Posts: 84 Member
    Bread in your system for 3months? :noway: Now that's twaddle.

I haven't cut anything out to lose weight - I mean I'm veggie anyway and there isn't a huge amount of veggie fast food so not much to cut out there. I don't like fizzy drinks much so didn't have to cut them out. I avoid wheat as much as possible as it causes my IBS to flare up plus I get really moody on it (don't know why) - doesn't mean I don't eat bread/pasta though. I just eat gluten-free equivalents. :laugh: And I keep my dairy to a minimum for similar reasons, gives me chronic wind (which really stinks :embarassed: ) - plus there's an ethical argument to that which plays in my head. Most artificial sweeteners (plus stevia) taste foul to me so I'm quite happy sticking to agave nectar/maple syrup/honey/sugar in all it's forms :happy:

If I tried to cut stuff out just to lose weight I'd be living off lettuce. Bleurgh. :laugh:
  • Diet. I cut it out. It didn't work for me.

This!!!!! :drinker:
  • Kelekat
    Kelekat Posts: 174 Member
    Vanilla Dr. Pepper--which I LOVE, as well as all other sodas (although I had a drink of my son's Mr. Pibb the other day while at the Wildlife Park). I haven't had soda (other than few sips on Sunday) since January 1.
  • kelleyke
    kelleyke Posts: 20
    Being quite a picky eater it's hard to cut out things I enjoy from my diet since I'd be left eating almost the same exact thing day in and day out.

The only thing I've totally cut out of my diet is soda. I was drinking 4+ cans of it a day before I stopped. Just out of a morbid curiosity I set up an excel sheet to keep tabs on just how many calories that would have added up to. As of today that is 75,996 calories and 38 lbs of sugar I haven't consumed. Scary! That is almost a quarter of the total calorie deficit needed to hit my weight loss goal. Now I just drink water.

I've moderated my fast food intake as much as I can. I've switched my white breads to whole grains. I also consciously eat more fruits and vegetables when possible, turning them into my go to options instead of last resorts. I still eat junk sometimes but I feel better knowing I'm working it into my calories, portioning it and making up for those splurges with being good 90% of the time.
  • xSophia19
    xSophia19 Posts: 1,536 Member

My Dr told me? He must be wrong then!
  • christibam
    christibam Posts: 478 Member

Google :smile:

Can you please share the link to the site that says it? I can't find it.
  • mrivera713
    mrivera713 Posts: 231 Member
    soda...
  • flong1975
    flong1975 Posts: 56
    Fried food and bacon. I have not touched either since 2009...
  • thankyou4thevenom
    thankyou4thevenom Posts: 1,581 Member
    Weight loss diets in general and diet food.
  • maf66
    maf66 Posts: 211 Member

My Dr told me? He must be wrong then!

So your Quack really is a Quack! :ohwell: :indifferent:
  • January 1st - Cut out Soda
    Most of my coffee in take (only have one cup now)
    Drink nothing but water
  • Ezwoldo
    Ezwoldo Posts: 369 Member
    I did it over a period of time I cut out fizzy drinks cut down on booze and take aways, don't get me wrong I still get drunk and eat **** but just not all the time maybe once a month or so.
  • mrobertsesq
    mrobertsesq Posts: 2 Member
    I cut out soda, cheese, butter. Soda was the big one. Now I brew iced tea and add a couple slices of lemon. I take that to work with me. Also I pack a lunch...usually leftovers from dinner. And I eat sliced cucumbers as a snack... it's very filling, and satisfies that urge to CRUNCH on something!