went over by abut 300 calories!!!!!!!

I caved and ate poorly today, breakfast started out healthy and good..then TWO bagels (one would have fit in ok if I cut other things out) but NOT TWO....and then we ate out...and waffle fries made me happy...so I ate them. I have been so good since i started on this site...but tonight I was tired, frustrated etc...and ate. I feel awful.

Replies

• strongmom
    strongmom Posts: 72
    I caved and ate poorly today, breakfast started out healthy and good..then TWO bagels (one would have fit in ok if I cut other things out) but NOT TWO....and then we ate out...and waffle fries made me happy...so I ate them. I have been so good since i started on this site...but tonight I was tired, frustrated etc...and ate. I feel awful.
  • nicole0177
    nicole0177 Posts: 377
    dont feel bad we all mess up once and awhile its not the end of the world if you have been doing so good then you deserved those waffle fries.
  • you have to let yourself go all out once in a while! i allow myself to go over like once a month. This site has done wonders for me, not just losing weight but to recognize the nutritional value of the food i'm eating! keep up the good work, don't get down on yourself!
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    I went over by about that much today too! I started out good too. We can start over tomorrow.
  • Yeah, it was FINALLY nice outside here in Michigan and went and got some Coldstone Ice Cream..well worth every delicious calorie..haha!
  • cmrmure
    cmrmure Posts: 7
    Feeling awful will keep you from doing it too often. I love waffle fries too...I just eat my kids leftovers that way I don't have a full regular size helping.
  • dont feel bad take it from someone who does that a lot tomorrow is another day ! smile we learn from our mistakes
  • Don't feel bad. Some research shows you should vary your daily caloric intake. Read this:

"The Weight Loss Plateau
    Over time our bodies adapt to the lowered calorie level. Our body becomes more efficient at using energy (lowered metabolism), and therefore burns less fat.
    This is why most of us reach a weight loss plateau. At this point, the only option is to boost metabolism; increased cardio, weight training, 'cheat' meals (i.e. ocassional high-calorie meals), cycling (or zig-zagging) calories, and even manipulating macro-nutrient ratios can all help to do this (don't forget adequate sleep and hydration). You often find that the nearer you get to your goal weight (or body fat percentage) - the harder things get!

Continually dropping calories only serves to lower metabolism even further - the moment you return to 'normal' eating - the weight comes back on. "

I copied this from a website that figures a calorie cycle. I still try to eat the 1525 per day, but on bad days, I know I can compensate by eating fewer the next day.

Here's the site for more info.

http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm#
  • strongmom
    strongmom Posts: 72
    thanks for that info, very helpful! I will check out that website right now

Thanks for all the posts!!:smile:
  • jenbar
    jenbar Posts: 1,038 Member
    Don't feel bad. Some research shows you should vary your daily caloric intake. Read this:

"The Weight Loss Plateau
    Over time our bodies adapt to the lowered calorie level. Our body becomes more efficient at using energy (lowered metabolism), and therefore burns less fat.
    This is why most of us reach a weight loss plateau. At this point, the only option is to boost metabolism; increased cardio, weight training, 'cheat' meals (i.e. ocassional high-calorie meals), cycling (or zig-zagging) calories, and even manipulating macro-nutrient ratios can all help to do this (don't forget adequate sleep and hydration). You often find that the nearer you get to your goal weight (or body fat percentage) - the harder things get!

Continually dropping calories only serves to lower metabolism even further - the moment you return to 'normal' eating - the weight comes back on. "

I copied this from a website that figures a calorie cycle. I still try to eat the 1525 per day, but on bad days, I know I can compensate by eating fewer the next day.

Here's the site for more info.

http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm#

So true! I have been doing this since January and haven't fallen off. I hadn't moved in weight in 2 weeks, then I lost my will power in Sunday and ate cake and appetizer stuff at a party, got on the scale the next day AND LOST A POUND! I think my body needed a little junk! Just as long as it doesn't go to my trunk!