Before and After - 18 lbs

Metsfn4life
Metsfn4life Posts: 125 Member
I know this is nothing compared to most of the wonderful success stories I have seen posted, but I am very proud of myself, not only for losing weight, but for becoming stronger and having more energy. At the start of this journey, I couldn't even do 1 push-up, now I can do many and so much more. It's taken me so long just to lose this amount of weight, because I don't believe in starving or depriving myself of anything (I love to eat!!! I said it!). I also don't have unrealistic expectations. I'm 5'6" and have a pretty large frame....I will never be a size 2, and I'm OK with that. I'm down to a size 6/8 (depending on thebrand) and I really do feel at ease where I am. My goal is to lose 5 more lbs during the summer and to get more toned.

Most important lessons learned from this journey:
1. Sometimes you have to ignore the numbers on the scale, and go by the way your clothes are fitting you.
2. There will be weeks, and sometimes months, when you just don't lose anything. You can't get discouraged. You have to move forward and maybe change things up.
3. Don't obsess...One, two, or even 3 cheat days a month will not hamper your weight loss goals!
4. Depriving yourself of anything is not healthy. Everything in moderation (except gummy bears for me).
5. Stop listening to people and comparing yourself to others. Try different things and see what works for you. Low-carb, low-fat, low-cal...blah blah blah. Everyone is different. Do what works for you.
6. Stop making excuses. You find the time to watch TV...find the time to exercise. Even if it's jumping up and down in place for 10 minutes (yes, I do this...while watching TV). Every bit counts!!!!

BeforeandAfter.jpg

IMAG0531-1.jpg

Replies

• sonpari24
    sonpari24 Posts: 62 Member
    bravo i can see ur abs...wtg
  • LolaVersion2
    LolaVersion2 Posts: 114 Member
    Omg look at your stomach's definition. You look killer!!!!!!
  • LolaVersion2
    LolaVersion2 Posts: 114 Member
    Seriously had to reply again. You have a sexxy tummy!
  • caseydimples
    caseydimples Posts: 173 Member
    Wow - you look amazing. Congrats on your success!!!
  • stacymay13
    stacymay13 Posts: 95 Member
    That is fantastic! You should be proud :smile:
  • OK, I am about the same measurements as you and my tummy now at 145 lbs look nothing like yours! No fair!
  • xHelloQuincyx
    xHelloQuincyx Posts: 884 Member
    you look amazing. im 20 above your starting, same height, and this is right where i wanna be! great work girl :]
  • NicolettetheGreek
    NicolettetheGreek Posts: 246 Member
    You look very nice. 5 more pounds otta do it!:bigsmile:
  • DAM_Fine
    DAM_Fine Posts: 1,292 Member
    WOW! what a difference those 18 pounds made! You look fabulous!
  • kevin_d77
    kevin_d77 Posts: 7 Member
    Looking good!
  • jgondor
    jgondor Posts: 145 Member
    you should be proud of yourself. good job :smile:
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    You look fantastic. congrats : )
  • katslosingit
    katslosingit Posts: 41 Member
    Wow, Awesome job! I know some people think, geez 18lbs that's nothing! But I sure wish I would have taken care of those first 18lbs before they turned to 80lbs! Good for you!
  • Hourglass25
    Hourglass25 Posts: 345 Member
    You have done an amazing job! Looking fantastic, very proud to have you as a friend.
  • Dreamer1311
    Dreamer1311 Posts: 203 Member
    Looking great.how often do you work out?how long did it take u to lose it all?
  • Tangerine302
    Tangerine302 Posts: 1,509 Member
    Good for you!!! :) It sounds like you will keep it off as well. :)
  • Metsfn4life
    Metsfn4life Posts: 125 Member
    Thanks everyone!
  • darkmouzy
    darkmouzy Posts: 227 Member
    Your looking great! keep up the good work!!
  • ashcandi
    ashcandi Posts: 35
    I'm pretty sure I would cut off one of my toes to have your stomach. You look great. Kudos to you!
  • : I'm alot older than you, but shooting for the same weight range....this is great progress and insights.:flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!