Wishes for our CA members.

Eve23
Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
I was just thinking about the fires currently burning in California and knowing that there are members who may live in those areas. I wanted to send my thoughts and prayers to all who are being affected by them and hope they will soon be brought back under control and put out.

Let us know how you and your families are doing if you are.

Prayers and wishes of everyone being safe.
Eve

Replies

• Eve23
    I was just thinking about the fires currently burning in California and knowing that there are members who may live in those areas. I wanted to send my thoughts and prayers to all who are being affected by them and hope they will soon be brought back under control and put out.

Let us know how you and your families are doing if you are.

Prayers and wishes of everyone being safe.
    Eve
  • cardgrl
    cardgrl Posts: 175 Member
    Good idea, Eve! I couldn't imagine what anyone out there is going through, but I am here if anyone needs a shoulder!
  • rraitt
    rraitt Posts: 23
    God bless all those in California going thru this hardship................
  • time2wrk
    time2wrk Posts: 773 Member
    Yes, my heart goes out to them. I used to live not far from Malibu, it is such a scary feeling to see the hills glowing with flames. My brother lived right on Pacific Coast Hwy for years and recently moved (thank God!) and I wonder if his old condo is still staning. So sad...

Keeping all you Californians in my thoughts and prayers...
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    I hope everyone is safe over there.
    They're in our thoughts and prayers.
  • pamelawh
    pamelawh Posts: 162 Member
    our prayers go to CA. i used to live there and my son is still there.
  • Im in Riverside Ca, the smoke is so crazy! My friend called me last night and asked if she could stay with me cause the freeway she takes home was closed so she couldnt even get home. I thank God that we are safe and feel so bad for the familys that lost there homes!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,940 Member
    I pray for calm wind, cooler temperatures.
    I have a cousin who is a firefighter in the trenches down there. 500,000 people evacuated in the largest evacuation ever in the US.
    I pray for healing for all affected.

~Cheryl
  • denmother46
    denmother46 Posts: 272 Member
    Greeting from Smoky...I mean Southern California. Just got my internet and cable back at about 5 o'clock this morning. has been out since Sunday morning. My internet provider is in Malibu. I guess they were finally allowed back in to fix whatever happened. I live just on the other side of the mountains that separate Malibu from "The Valley". We here were very lucky as the wind blew in our favor. It is terribly smoky here, but the closest the fire got to us was about 10 - 15 miles. San Diego is really getting hit hard.

BTW used this as an excuse to go off the wagon. Nothing terrible, but havent been able to exercise (teling everyone not to and to stay indoors) and havent been eating the greatest. I am back on it today...!
  • kimford28
    kimford28 Posts: 320
    I'm thinking about all you CA buddies. You are in my prayers.
  • bigdane321
    bigdane321 Posts: 233 Member
    I'm in my office and my eye's are red and hurting. I'm located just below Santiago canyon. Can't wait for this to be over. MY prayers to those who really need it.
  • denmother46
    denmother46 Posts: 272 Member
    bigdane-
    kind of puts the kabash on exercising, huh? Picture is from my back yard the other day at about 2PM. Looks like fog rolling in from the ocean, but it was about 92 degrees and"sunny". I'm on the north end of Topanga Cyn, but I think most of the smoke we are getting is from Santa Clarita, Acton and Arrowhead fires.
    I hope the catch the b***ards that set the Santiago frie
  • Eve23
    Denmother and Bigdane glad to hear from you. I am a S. Cal. native although I haven't lived there for a very long time we still have family there. I can also very vividly remember fires burning only miles from me when I was there and of course have had other experiences in other places.

Please don't push the exercise to much till the smoke clears it can cause so many problems including infections. That is how I got my most recent lung infection. Only the smoke we had was from slash burns. I hate those.

Still thinking about everyone in CA. Stay safe.

Eve