Leslie Sansone Walk Videos

Hello Everyone,

1 week on MFP and going strong!

I just wanted to know if anyone that has used this DVD has any idea of how many calories are burnt in the 2 mile workout or how do you recorded in the excersice log. I have been using the 2mph leisurely walk entry. Would this be ok?

Also are there any good excercise videos that you would recommend?

Thank you all and have a great evening!!!

Replies

• Hello Everyone,

1 week on MFP and going strong!

I just wanted to know if anyone that has used this DVD has any idea of how many calories are burnt in the 2 mile workout or how do you recorded in the excersice log. I have been using the 2mph leisurely walk entry. Would this be ok?

Also are there any good excercise videos that you would recommend?

Thank you all and have a great evening!!!
  • julierose
    julierose Posts: 19 Member
    I would use the 3 miles per hour option because I believe you are walking 2 miles in about 40 minutes. If you continued to walk for another 20 minutes, you would complete 3 miles total. Right? Or I am wrong? I have a lot of trouble with math:huh:
  • dulceluva
    dulceluva Posts: 728 Member
    Good question. I have those WATP DVDs and I guess it depends on how hard/fast you are really walking with her, right? then you can pick the right /mph speed for walking
  • It depends on the vidoe you are following. I have the Walk Away the Pounds for the Abs and it takes 45 minutes exactly to do 3 miles. Another 15 minutes would be 4 miles, making it 4 miles per hour. Also, I'm definitely no expert, but I think you would probably burn more than what is listed for simply walking since you are doing so much other exercise (upper body) along with it.

My opinion is that 4 mph for the amount of time you actually exercise would be a fairly close estimate.
  • kingon8
    kingon8 Posts: 200 Member
    I usually count 3.5-4 mph for 30 minutes, and also count 30 minutes of "low impact aerobics" to get credit for the upper body workout! I think it gives me like 260 cals for all of that for 30 minutes.:wink:
  • Thank you all for your input!!

Have a wonderful day!!:flowerforyou:
  • sr2000
    sr2000 Posts: 230 Member
    I just got done doing the one mile workout to warmup before I lift weights. I have always entered the walking videos as low impact aerobics, because you do more than just walk in place. For me it says I burn 101 calories per 15 minutes of low impact aerobics, if I increase my intensity and jog in place, and add more jumping and hopping, and more arm exercises to the "walking" video, then I enter it as high impact aerobics.
    (And then because I like to error on the side of caution, I only enter that I burn about 75% of what the lists say I burned.)