Speaking of fast food . . .

barefootbabe
barefootbabe Posts: 271 Member
edited November 2023 in Food and Nutrition
Tonight I had Hungry Jack's (Australia's version of Burger King). Gobbled down a grilled chicken burger, medium fries and a diet coke. Yum!

Now, because I exercised lots and ate very lightly all day, there was lots of room in my calorie goals for this meal; in fact, I still have about 250 left to go for the night and it's only three hours till bedtime!

So my question is: if it fits into my goal numbers and hasn't made me go overboard, is it okay? I know the food isn't that great for you, though I did try to choose sensibly. Or is it just bad all around and should be avoided at all costs?

E.

Replies

• barefootbabe
    Tonight I had Hungry Jack's (Australia's version of Burger King). Gobbled down a grilled chicken burger, medium fries and a diet coke. Yum!

Now, because I exercised lots and ate very lightly all day, there was lots of room in my calorie goals for this meal; in fact, I still have about 250 left to go for the night and it's only three hours till bedtime!

So my question is: if it fits into my goal numbers and hasn't made me go overboard, is it okay? I know the food isn't that great for you, though I did try to choose sensibly. Or is it just bad all around and should be avoided at all costs?

E.
  • Mashee
    Mashee Posts: 9 Member
    When it comes to your diet it doesent mather what you eat when your not going over your kcal goals... calories are calories.. it doesent mather if you get them from fat or vegis..
  • time2wrk
    time2wrk Posts: 773 Member
    For your overall health, fries everyday is bad but if you stay in your calorie range it won't mess you up as far as your weight goes with this online plan.
  • larita
    larita Posts: 3
    You might get normal calories but is not well use for your body..although sometimes you should eat what you want..
  • julieofthewolves
    julieofthewolves Posts: 339 Member
    A grilled chicken sandwich is not bad. Fries are empty fatty calories. But I also think it isn't bad to give your body what you are craving every now and then.

While I agree with Mashee that a calorie is a calorie is a calorie, our bodies do better on foods that provide us with the nutrition we need to be healthy. Besides that you can eat a lot more of healthy foods to get to the same amount of calories in fast food that doesn't do a body any good.
  • birdclaw
    birdclaw Posts: 5 Member
    I agree that every now and then you will have some food that is just not very healthy. But oh it tastes so good! The age old key to it is everything in moderation. If you ate nothing but vegetables all the time you would be lacking in some very important vitamins and minerals and if you ate nothing but fast food all the time you would have the same problem( oh and the fat would probably kill you off pretty quickly). But if we can come to some sort of happy medium between it all , we can be healthy. And that's the goal isn't it? (well that and to look good in a swim suit!)
  • kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    The only thing I find that happens with fast food is my tummy reacts badly to it if I've been eating super healthy. It really can't tolerate fried foods. Other than that happening if it does happen to you I see nothing wrong in having what I call a splurge meal. I find I really have to exercise immensely to rack up enough calories saved to eat one though. Yeah I know I could do more exercising but sometimes there aren't enough hours in a day.
  • barefootbabe
    Yeah, that makes sense- a calorie is a calorie, but some are better for your body than others!
    I felt so bad after it all yesterday that I went for jog to make myself feel better- I guess that is a sign as to how often I will be eating it- no likes feeling guilty! And I think it's best to consider it a "splurge meal" as you said, kjl, not an acceptable weekly occurence!
This discussion has been closed.