my mini C25K victory!

kaned_ferret
kaned_ferret Posts: 618 Member
I just had to post this :) I just started week four of C25K, and I REALLY didn't think I'd be able to go from the week 3 to week 4 sessions, the thought of jogging for a total of 16 minutes as opposed to 9 - well I thought I wasn't ready. I was still feeling that week 3 was a struggle!

But, here's victory #1 - I DID IT! I'm so elated with myself right now!

Victory #2 - I got "the smile" from other runners, yes, people who actually LOOKED like runners, lovely, fit, athletic looking people! Could it be, I am on my way to becoming one of them?! Haha I am actually giddy with victory glee, hurray!

Thankyou for reading my crazy. If this is anything to go by, there will only be more as I keep finding these victories along my journey :)

Replies

• JGT2004
    JGT2004 Posts: 231 Member
    Congrats! I started C25K today. Week 1 wasn't too bad but I was afraid to push myself too much on the speed. Have you kept your running and walking speeds fairly consistent week to week? I'm always open to pointers!
  • NicoletheFaye
    NicoletheFaye Posts: 19 Member
    Congratulations! I remember that feeling VERY well! I thought they were crazy!

I just finished up week 5. Each time it was like "You want me to jog 90 SECONDS???", and then "3 MINUTES???" and then "5 MINUTES??????". And each time, I got through it. The last session of week 5, it's 20 minutes solid. Non stop. And I thought there was no way, but I did it! And you can do it, too! You're not alone!
  • mmsilvia
    mmsilvia Posts: 459 Member
    Congrats!!! You deserve to pat yourself on the back a few times!! Be proud of yourself!!!
  • jerren
    jerren Posts: 196
    I did c25k a couple of years ago and made it to week 8 before stopping. I start again today from week 1 day 1. I'm excited to do it again. Congrats to you and good luck on your remaining weeks.
  • Reckabek
    Reckabek Posts: 487 Member
    YAY!!! U go girl! Keep working hard! Im doing my five min jog when my hubby gets home! Nervous! Glad to here it went well for u!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    That's awesome!!

I'm just starting week 2. It is miserably hot and humid here today and I am dreading my walk/run after work. At least today maybe I won't be tempted to keep going after the 20 min is up (which everyone keeps telling me not to do even if I feel like it).
  • Eaglesfanintn
    Eaglesfanintn Posts: 813 Member
    Congrats! Keep up the good work!
  • JennedyJLD
    JennedyJLD Posts: 123 Member
    When I started C25K last summer, I would look to the weeks ahead and just shake my head, groaning. I'd never been a runner, and while the first couple of weeks were fine, I have to say that by the third and fourth week, it was feeling like a challenge. Now, seven months and 52 pounds later (!!!) I am running about 20-25 miles a week, with a 7.5 mile run being my current distance best. I never in a million years would have thought I was capable of doing anything like this; now I can't imagine running not being a part of my life. STICK WITH IT. If you encounter a difficult week, please don't give up. Just keep doing the workout that is giving you trouble over and over until you are able to complete it, and move on. If week four takes a couple of weeks to master, just give it your best every time you try and you WILL get there. If I can do it, anyone can!
  • I start C25K today. I ran/walked my first 5k on Saturday and was ashamed I walked for a large portion of it vs. running. I am hoping the C25k will push my limits and make me into the runner I want to be!! congrats on your victory!!
  • Congrats! Those running milestones give you that high that keep you going!
  • Squidgeypaws007
    Squidgeypaws007 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Hehe, gz! I felt EXACTLY the same last Friday about stepping up to week 4 (and I'd messed up week 3) so good going you! :)
  • ajalcazar
    ajalcazar Posts: 76 Member
    WOW! Congrats on that achievement. I decided the other day that I was gonna start C25K next Monday after my 3 day weekend training. I hope to make it through it.
  • AnaVerasGettingFit
    AnaVerasGettingFit Posts: 109 Member
    Oh my gosh. This might just be the push I needed to start it up, thanks! Not a runner. Don't think I ever will be.... but I'll give the program my best shot. *eeeek*
  • love22step
    love22step Posts: 1,103 Member
    Congratulations! Just be confident and keep moving! I did my 25 min. jog to begin week 7 yesterday. Piece of cake! I'm not breaking any speed records, but I'm running up and down rolling hills, enjoying the wildflowers, and it feels good. You'll do just fine!
  • sarah32lee
    sarah32lee Posts: 5,279 Member
    Congrats! I'm on week 4 as well and I thought I wouldn't be able to do it either but i did! I was super excited too!! YAY US!!! :happy:
  • MelissaGraham7
    MelissaGraham7 Posts: 403 Member
    Total Awesomeness! Great job! I still remember how great that feels. I finished C25K January of 2011 and have since been in 5 races. Yay for running! :smile:
  • kimr41
    kimr41 Posts: 219 Member
    I tried to start this last week. Embarrassed to say, I couldn't even run for 60 sec. I'm thinking I need to get in better shape before trying.
  • Miarenee3
    Miarenee3 Posts: 8 Member
    Congrats!!

I started C25K today and it felt awesome!
    I thought I would always hate running...but today, I found myself disappointed wen the little voice in my headphones would tell me to stop jogging and start walking. I wanted more! lol
  • ssweet1020
    ssweet1020 Posts: 50 Member
    Just started today. I am NOT a runner lol. My hubby joked about how red my face was. I said that the worse I look when I'm done the better I'm doing. That made him quiet
  • getfitnfab
    getfitnfab Posts: 418 Member
    Thank you for posting, I am not a runner, never thought I could be

just started and am on day 5

your post hit the spot
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!