Food for Team Meeting @ Work

So I have a meeting at work on Wednesday and they announced today there will be nothing to eat!

Determined to stick to my diet, I have come home and decided to make some banana bread cake.

I also grabbed some Tesco Light Choices carrot cake slices just in case the bread cake doesnt work out.

Does anyone else bake things to take into work or is it just me?

Replies

• princeza9
    princeza9 Posts: 337 Member
    I've done it before, I think it depends on the office. Cupcakes didn't go over that well, but Oatmeal Scotchies disappeared at a record rate. Don't be afraid to bring in your own food, even when food is supplied. I've done, I've seen others do it.
  • ANMUR43
    ANMUR43 Posts: 20
    Since I'm not eating between meals, or flour and sugar, it's hard to go to meetings where sweets are served. I wish food wasn't a part of every get together, be it family, friends, or the workplace. If you really feel you must have something to eat, please consider fruit or veggies. They're great, and no guilt afterwards.
    Have fun without food. it can be done.
  • jerren
    jerren Posts: 196
    LOL, whenever we have these, I'm the designated veggie tray/ fruit tray guy.
  • blueimp
    blueimp Posts: 230 Member
    I buy fruit bowls for mornings and veggie trays for afternoons.
  • Lorrie_73
    Lorrie_73 Posts: 104 Member
    I'm confused. Nothing to eat for the meeting? Or nothing to eat diet friendly for you?
  • SyntonicGarden
    SyntonicGarden Posts: 944 Member
    Fruit and veggies, maybe a dip, would be my first choice. It seems to be a good option for a mixed crowd that might have diabetics, celiacs, vegetarians, or people who are watching their weight.
  • Val_from_OH
    Val_from_OH Posts: 447 Member
    I'm confused too. Do you normally have food at all of your work meetings?

I don't normally bake for work, but I do bake for my family and bring the leftovers to work. It spreads goodwill in the office, and gets the temptation out of my house.

Also, I have to eat about every 3 hours or I will feel sick, so if I am expecting a long meeting, or long day at an account, I will throw some snack bars in my purse to hold me over.
  • marylou1976
    marylou1976 Posts: 105 Member
    I make the cook yourself thin banana cake, it;s got walnuts in it too, and is lovely, I'm always baking and bringing stuff into work, now walk in and everyone asks which cake I've made!!
  • Since I'm not eating between meals, or flour and sugar, it's hard to go to meetings where sweets are served. I wish food wasn't a part of every get together, be it family, friends, or the workplace.

I totally agree with you!! I wish food wasn't served at every get together...ESPECIALLY bad foods!