Diabetes 2

Bevigal
Bevigal Posts: 66 Member
Any diabetics out there? Maybe we can help one another...

Replies

• countryjoan
    countryjoan Posts: 1 Member
    hi diabetes 2 also ,my name is joan and just started atkins ans fitness pal,dont know how much help ill be but ill listen :)
  • anaussie
    anaussie Posts: 88 Member
    Hi. Type 2 for almost 10 yrs- journey began at 17.5/315 fasting blood sugar. Decided to shed all extra fat-weight. Been keeping under control LOW-CARB way. No more than 3 slices of toasted grains bread- no potatoes- no grapes- no dry fruits- no juices- no sugar- no artificial sweeteners. Otherwise I eat everything- rice and cakes in moderation once or twice a week. Doctors prescribed Metformin 500mg x 2 a day- cant remember when I took last time. 1 to 2 hour walk is a must for me- nothing fancy- no fancy shoes- no fancy colorful sporty attire- just ordinary old fashioned walk.

Latest HbA1C 4.7 or 85!
  • lanenalatina
    lanenalatina Posts: 239 Member
    I am not Diabetes yet but the reason why I am trying so hard to loose weight is because I am high risk Diabetes!!!! It is sooooooooooo scary!!!!!!

6540321.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Memorysketch
    Memorysketch Posts: 41 Member
    I'm diabetic :flowerforyou: Nice to meetcha.
  • jerren
    jerren Posts: 196
    type 2 diabetic checking in! .
  • My name is Doris. I have had diabetes 2 for the past 12 years. I am 5'6 and currently weight 180 lbs. When I was first daignosed I was 225 lbs and was put on a strict diet and exercise regiment. I did not have the will power to do it so eventually over the years i was put on insulin up to 4 times a day. I made the decision to change my life completely. I went to diabetic classes, to a nutritionist, and im enrolled in a weight loss class for people with type 2 diabetes. It is not easy but if you follow your doctors advise and take the medication as you are supposed to it will eventually become easier. Who knows with weight loss and eating right I'm hoping I can come off the insulin and just get by with pills. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
  • azwildcatfan94
    azwildcatfan94 Posts: 314 Member
    Type 2, diagnosed about 4 years ago. Not exactly sure what changed to get me motivated to improve my health, but I am now. 3 months ago, A1c 6.5, Now 5.5, reduced Metformin from 500 2x a day to once a day. Hoping to get off eventually, but doing it with doctor's input. Cholesterol was bad. 3 months ago total: 205, triglycerides: 265. Now total 165, triglycerides 168. BP down to normal levels.

Currently set for 2 lb deficit and eating most of my exercise calories. Using HRM to determine calorie burn. Exercising 5 - 6 times a week. If cardio only, 60 minutes. If weights and cardio, 30 cardio and weight time depends on upper or lower body. I don't count calorie burn for weight lifting. Mainly because my heart rate stays pretty low.

Trying to eat well, but could improve on that. I eat whole grain breads, brown rice. Limited on potatoes and pasta, but those are areas where I need to improve. Trying to increase veggie intake.

I'm trying to stay more focused on fitness/lab work than losing weight, but it is hard because you can measure the weight daily, but labs every 3 - 6 months.